monicaswave
  • 450 posts

Posted 08 August 2008 - 01:46 PM

They look fantastic and I loooove the stamps

#22 HotTamale

HotTamale
    • 304 posts

Posted 08 August 2008 - 02:41 PM

They look really nice! How did you create your Save The Date? I want to send mine out next week, but am on a strict budget....Any suggestions?
      xo

#23 kate.com

kate.com

VIP Member

• VIP Member
      • 8,921 posts

Posted 08 August 2008 - 03:36 PM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by AprilandPatrick
        They look really nice! How did you create your Save The Date? I want to send mine out next week, but am on a strict budget....Any suggestions?
        xo

I am hosting a website with weddingwindow and you can create an email list, send as many e-announcements as you want. You can even send an email to let people know that you have new info on your site! If you are trying to save money, you could have people RSVP on your site or have them call you if they don't use the internet. MY FI was totally for this idea and it could work depending on your group. The site is inexpensive and easy to use! Highly recommended for DWs. There are some free websites too- don't know a ton about them, but mine cost $99.
        I decided to skip the paper STD- but if you wanted to do that I think it is really cute when people send a magnet... there are a ton of places to get them made online and they are pretty cheap- you can even get magnet paper from Staples and print them yourself. Then just use that adhesive to attach it to a notecard and send them off! Hope that helps. Good luck!

#24 mrspeterson2b

mrspeterson2b
        • 34 posts

Posted 08 August 2008 - 03:37 PM

I love your invitations! Sooo cute! I would love to get the details from you...paper resources, sizes, etc...! Did you use starfish & airplane stamps?
          Thanks!

#25 HotTamale

HotTamale
          • 304 posts

Posted 08 August 2008 - 04:01 PM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by soontobeamrs
            I am hosting a website with weddingwindow and you can create an email list, send as many e-announcements as you want. You can even send an email to let people know that you have new info on your site! If you are trying to save money, you could have people RSVP on your site or have them call you if they don't use the internet. MY FI was totally for this idea and it could work depending on your group. The site is inexpensive and easy to use! Highly recommended for DWs. There are some free websites too- don't know a ton about them, but mine cost $99.
            I decided to skip the paper STD- but if you wanted to do that I think it is really cute when people send a magnet... there are a ton of places to get them made online and they are pretty cheap- you can even get magnet paper from Staples and print them yourself. Then just use that adhesive to attach it to a notecard and send them off! Hope that helps. Good luck!

Thanks!!!!!!!!!

#26 Jenn3878

Jenn3878
            • 5,681 posts

Posted 08 August 2008 - 05:28 PM

Wow great job!! Love the colors too :)

#27 kate.com

kate.com

VIP Member

• VIP Member
              • 8,921 posts

Posted 08 August 2008 - 05:35 PM

I put together a "how to" sheet for anyone who wants to make these invites! It is pretty detailed so beware. And let me know if I am missing anything.
                Good Luck! It is pretty easy once you get going.

Attached Files

#28 manda0812

manda0812
                • 343 posts

Posted 11 August 2008 - 05:42 AM

fantastic DIY project! well done

#29 syl1115

syl1115
                  • 789 posts

Posted 11 August 2008 - 05:57 AM

I love them, very professional.
                    Sylvia