Photo

Reception Tables - Floor Plan

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 hanna

hanna
  • 223 posts

Posted 07 August 2008 - 09:14 AM

We are doing a private reception and I need some ideas on how to set up the tables. I am pondering between:

1: the traditional head table and 7-person rounds
    2: all rounds and no "head table"
    3: U-Shape formation ( I am leaning towards this one..) - but then the question is do people only sit on the outside of the U, or also on the inside?

We will probably have around 30-40ppl...

Suggestions.. ideas... ? Thanks!

#2 starchild

starchild

• Moderators
    • 26,161 posts

Posted 07 August 2008 - 09:15 AM

I like the U shape with people sitting only on the outside. I think that looks cool and with a group your size would work well.

#3 michelle08

michelle08
      • VIP Member
      • 2,702 posts

Posted 07 August 2008 - 09:27 AM

I like the u shape also...but I went with rounds of 6-8 and no head table.

My husband and sister said that the rounds were better for people to talk to each other. If you have the long tables with people on only one side then they really can only talk well to the people on each side of them...if you put people on both sides though then it's similar to the rounds because then they can talk to the person on each side and the 3 people parrallel to the 3 of them.

I guess it depends on if you are having a wedding party or not as to if you really need a head table?

#4 hanna

hanna
        • 223 posts

Posted 07 August 2008 - 09:32 AM

Thanks for your input! We are having a wedding party - MOH and one bridesmaid... but we don't want them to have to sit away from their significant others, but is that weird to have them sit at the head table?? I was thinking about a U, but with people sitting in the inside just on the sides, not across from us, so that it is easy??

#5 syl1115

syl1115
          • 789 posts

Posted 07 August 2008 - 09:38 AM

I am having 32 people and 5 rounds. No head table. My MOH and BM with sit with us and my two bridesmaids (daughters) will sit at other tables for mingling. I am trying to keep it simple since it such a small party.
            Sylvia

Our wedding slideshowhttp://www.facebook.....=1047086342460

#6 starchild

starchild

• Moderators
            • 26,161 posts

Posted 07 August 2008 - 09:41 AM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by hanna
              Thanks for your input! We are having a wedding party - MOH and one bridesmaid... but we don't want them to have to sit away from their significant others, but is that weird to have them sit at the head table?? I was thinking about a U, but with people sitting in the inside just on the sides, not across from us, so that it is easy??
              I like that idea. We had a somewhat large wedding party and I felt like you, didn't want their dates sitting closer to us than our family, but we didn't want them separated. We actually did a "T" shape - a head table for 2 and one long table - and let people choose their own seats.

Go with what you really want but don't stress too much over it, they'll probably only be sitting to eat and then up dancing/mingling the rest of the time

#7 michelle08

michelle08
              • VIP Member
              • 2,702 posts

Posted 07 August 2008 - 10:09 AM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by starchild
                I like that idea. We had a somewhat large wedding party and I felt like you, didn't want their dates sitting closer to us than our family, but we didn't want them separated. We actually did a "T" shape - a head table for 2 and one long table - and let people choose their own seats.

Go with what you really want but don't stress too much over it, they'll probably only be sitting to eat and then up dancing/mingling the rest of the time
                I like the T shape too....as far as the u shape...yes if you have them sit across from each other then just do it at the side tables and not your table.

It's true though...no one sits for too long...just to eat quick and then they are up and if they sit down later it's probably going to be at a different seat!

#8 Jacilynda

Jacilynda
                • 2,777 posts

Posted 07 August 2008 - 02:24 PM

I'm debating with somethin like this too. I don't like the u-shape though. We are having about 40 people and we're a very social group so we have to be able to talk. We're going to be doing rounds, but I'm debating on the head table. The significant others of the party are in the party so that isn't an issue. But we have a child and one of the couples in our party has a child. I just don't know where to sit everyone and who to have at each table.

#9 kerryjbrown

kerryjbrown
                  • 672 posts

Posted 07 August 2008 - 09:30 PM

I like the u-shape with sweetheart table for B&G...that is what we are trying to do as well.

#10 ErinB

ErinB

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                    • 9,504 posts

Posted 09 August 2008 - 02:36 PM

I like U shapes. LCRachel's table set-up was really nice. Check out her pictures.

We had a sweetheart table and 6 top rounds for our guests for cocktails and then for dinner we had long tables next to each other.

I don't usually like odd number tables unless you have a single you can put at each table. You don't want to have to split couples/families.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users