Photo

Centerpiece idea - open for suggestions

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 Mrs. Martin

Mrs. Martin
  • 514 posts

Posted 06 August 2008 - 10:53 PM

Here's a pic of what my centerpieces will be looking like (so far). In case you can't tell from the pic, there are candles inside (just not lit). Keep in mind, I will be adding plenty more starfish and shells around the centerpiece. I was also planning on adding tea lights and more shells along the table runner (my tables will be long and not very wide, 4 tables total). The table linens that the hotel provides are white, so I thought a brown runner would give it a nice contrast and it's one of my wedding colors.

Any suggestions or comments? I was planning on adding a third vase, but I can't find these anymore! I'm also a little bummed that I didn't add my accent colors (mango and pink) to the centerpiece, but I couldn't really figure out how unless I added flowers. But, I wouldn't even know where to include them if I chose to buy flowers. I don't really want to spend much more on the centerpieces because they are not too much of a priority for me. But, I don't want them to look blah either, you know what I mean?!

By the way, for those who helped me find coral- I found some at JCPenny on clearance for $4.99

Excuse the background, my kithen counter is the only place I could find space to set my stuff up:
    Click the image to open in full size.

#2 foxytv

foxytv
    • VIP Member
    • 7,740 posts

Posted 06 August 2008 - 11:00 PM

How about placing everything on a round or square mirror on top of the table runner, and then adding some sand and small shells, etc dusted around.

It will a little "pop" and the candle flicker will show on the mirror.

Here's a pic of mine, to give a bit of an idea of what I mean about the small shells, etc sprinkled around...

Click the image to open in full size.

#3 Mrs. Martin

Mrs. Martin
      • 514 posts

Posted 06 August 2008 - 11:07 PM

Love your centerpiece!!! They are so pretty!

Since I'm having long, rectangular tables, I don't have enough space to add anything under (plus the bottom of the candleholders are pretty wide, so I would need big mirrors). That's the only reason I chose high candleholders. If I could find long mirrors, that may work. I have to look!

#4 foxytv

foxytv
        • VIP Member
        • 7,740 posts

Posted 06 August 2008 - 11:14 PM

Well, they look great the way they are. Maybe just add the shells and baby starfish sprinkled around the coral and bigger shells. I think that just helps bring it all together. Different sizes and textures. And you already have that with the big candleholders and coral. They are going to be beautiful.

#5 hanna

hanna
          • 223 posts

Posted 07 August 2008 - 09:43 AM

At Michaels they have different colors of rafia - might be able to incorporate some of your colors by using colored rafia instead or with the tan

#6 OROBride1008

OROBride1008
            • 417 posts

Posted 07 August 2008 - 10:53 AM

I think they look great.

#7 ash0628

ash0628
              • 83 posts

Posted 07 August 2008 - 11:03 AM

i think they look great to where did you get that coral from? sorry if you already posted this

#8 Mrs. Martin

Mrs. Martin
                • 514 posts

Posted 07 August 2008 - 11:29 AM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by ash0628
                  i think they look great to where did you get that coral from? sorry if you already posted this
                  JCPenny is having a home sale and includes all their summer decor. I found tons of coral there and they were $4.99 each.

#9 meagan

meagan
                  • 133 posts

Posted 07 August 2008 - 11:43 AM

they look great! Super job!

Now you all have me thinking about this!!! The more I cruise this forum the more things I keep thiniking about!!!! I guess I'll add it to the list!

My brain is working a mile a minute and my wedding isnt until July 09! Whats wrong with me!

#10 Mrs. Martin

Mrs. Martin
                    • 514 posts

Posted 07 August 2008 - 10:56 PM

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by meagan
                      they look great! Super job!

Now you all have me thinking about this!!! The more I cruise this forum the more things I keep thiniking about!!!! I guess I'll add it to the list!

My brain is working a mile a minute and my wedding isnt until July 09! Whats wrong with me!
                      Thanks! I know how you feel! There are so many talented girls here with great ideas, it's hard to narrow down exactly what you want to do for your own wedding!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users