Sign in to follow this  
Mrs. Martin

Centerpiece idea - open for suggestions

Here's a pic of what my centerpieces will be looking like (so far). In case you can't tell from the pic, there are candles inside (just not lit). Keep in mind, I will be adding plenty more starfish and shells around the centerpiece. I was also planning on adding tea lights and more shells along the table runner (my tables will be long and not very wide, 4 tables total). The table linens that the hotel provides are white, so I thought a brown runner would give it a nice contrast and it's one of my wedding colors.

Any suggestions or comments? I was planning on adding a third vase, but I can't find these anymore! I'm also a little bummed that I didn't add my accent colors (mango and pink) to the centerpiece, but I couldn't really figure out how unless I added flowers. But, I wouldn't even know where to include them if I chose to buy flowers. I don't really want to spend much more on the centerpieces because they are not too much of a priority for me. But, I don't want them to look blah either, you know what I mean?!

By the way, for those who helped me find coral- I found some at JCPenny on clearance for $4.99 elefant.gif

Excuse the background, my kithen counter is the only place I could find space to set my stuff up:

Click the image to open in full size.

How about placing everything on a round or square mirror on top of the table runner, and then adding some sand and small shells, etc dusted around.

It will a little "pop" and the candle flicker will show on the mirror.

Here's a pic of mine, to give a bit of an idea of what I mean about the small shells, etc sprinkled around...

Click the image to open in full size.

Love your centerpiece!!! They are so pretty!

Since I'm having long, rectangular tables, I don't have enough space to add anything under (plus the bottom of the candleholders are pretty wide, so I would need big mirrors). That's the only reason I chose high candleholders. If I could find long mirrors, that may work. I have to look!

Well, they look great the way they are. Maybe just add the shells and baby starfish sprinkled around the coral and bigger shells. I think that just helps bring it all together. Different sizes and textures. And you already have that with the big candleholders and coral. They are going to be beautiful.

At Michaels they have different colors of rafia - might be able to incorporate some of your colors by using colored rafia instead or with the tan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ash0628 View Post
i think they look great to where did you get that coral from? sorry if you already posted this
JCPenny is having a home sale and includes all their summer decor. I found tons of coral there and they were $4.99 each.

they look great! Super job!

Now you all have me thinking about this!!! The more I cruise this forum the more things I keep thiniking about!!!! I guess I'll add it to the list!

My brain is working a mile a minute and my wedding isnt until July 09! Whats wrong with me!smile41.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by meagan View Post
they look great! Super job!

Now you all have me thinking about this!!! The more I cruise this forum the more things I keep thiniking about!!!! I guess I'll add it to the list!

My brain is working a mile a minute and my wedding isnt until July 09! Whats wrong with me!smile41.gif
Thanks! I know how you feel! There are so many talented girls here with great ideas, it's hard to narrow down exactly what you want to do for your own wedding!