Photo

? for those of you who traveled with glass decor

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Mrs. Martin

Mrs. Martin
  • 514 posts

Posted 06 August 2008 - 05:52 PM

I'm taking glass candleholders (they vary between 5-10 inches tall and have thin stems) along with me to Mexico. I'm obviously going to pad them up as much as possible so they won't break, but I bought an extra one in each size just incase one of them does break.

Is that enough or should I buy a few extra? I don't want to buy too many extras because of $$ and I don't want to add more carry-on items to my already long list. How many of your glass items (whether they were candleholders or not) broke while traveling?

#2 lyrebard

lyrebard
    • 229 posts

Posted 06 August 2008 - 08:32 PM

I brought (and sent) plenty of glass with me, but much of my decisions about which glass to buy were based on what would be less likely to break during shipping/travel. None of it broke, although I did bring a few extra just in case... I would say that your decisions about how many extra to buy should be based on likelihood of breakage. That's probably not so helpful, but that's all I've got! Good luck!!

#3 foxytv

foxytv
      • VIP Member
      • 7,740 posts

Posted 06 August 2008 - 08:39 PM

Nothing of ours broke. I packed it with tissue paper inside and bubble wrap outside. Had it in my carry-on on the way down and checked baggage on the way back, also wrapped in clothing. No issues. :-)

#4 michelle08

michelle08
        • VIP Member
        • 2,702 posts

Posted 06 August 2008 - 09:23 PM

I didn't bring much...but I brought a bunch of glass votive holders but packed them in the boxes they came in and I had a couple vases and I bought some bubble wrap for cheap at longs drugs and it worked great!

#5 Ana Cerda

Ana Cerda
          • 91 posts

Posted 06 August 2008 - 10:02 PM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by Mrs. Martin
            I'm taking glass candleholders (they vary between 5-10 inches tall and have thin stems) along with me to Mexico. I'm obviously going to pad them up as much as possible so they won't break, but I bought an extra one in each size just incase one of them does break.

Is that enough or should I buy a few extra? I don't want to buy too many extras because of $$ and I don't want to add more carry-on items to my already long list. How many of your glass items (whether they were candleholders or not) broke while traveling?
            I have 10 glass centerpieces. I am giving 10 family members to take one each and carry it to Cancun. That will be their carry on luggage.

#6 Mrs. Martin

Mrs. Martin
            • 514 posts

Posted 07 August 2008 - 12:37 PM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by Ana Cerda
              I have 10 glass centerpieces. I am giving 10 family members to take one each and carry it to Cancun. That will be their carry on luggage.
              That's what I was planning on doing as well! We have 22 people traveling with us, so I will be putting them to work and holding my boxes!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users