Photo

I'm mailing my invites this week! So excited...take a look!

• Please log in to reply
63 replies to this topic

#1 Jessalyn

Jessalyn
  • 1,876 posts

Posted 27 February 2007 - 09:37 PM

I've been MIA on the forum lately....been trying to get these darn invitations done! I think I bit off more than I could chew with this DIY project, as I must have spent at least 100 hours on them. Anyway, I'm pleased with how they turned out, so I wanted to share them with you.

My room block is being released in late March, so that's why I'm mailing my invites so early.

Thanks for taking a look! I'm so excited they are done!!

Box they are being shipped in (my brother is an artist and he drew the picture for us, which will also be our logo):
    Click the image to open in full size.

What you see when you open the box:
    When you open the fabric lining:
    And finally, the inside of the invite:
    [Click the image to open in full size.
    My new man....Donovan

Wedding photos and avatar by Jonathan Thrasher Photography - www.jthrasherphoto.com
    Our wedding slide show www.jthrasherphoto.com/slideshows/jessalynhttp://tickers.Ticke....k/27c1/age.png

#2 Jessalyn

Jessalyn
    • 1,876 posts

Posted 27 February 2007 - 09:38 PM

oops, those are huge pictures! Sorry you have to scroll over...
      My new man....Donovan

Wedding photos and avatar by Jonathan Thrasher Photography - www.jthrasherphoto.com
      Our wedding slide show www.jthrasherphoto.com/slideshows/jessalynhttp://tickers.Ticke....k/27c1/age.png

#3 MelissaH

MelissaH
      • 1,724 posts

Posted 27 February 2007 - 09:39 PM

those are so pretty - i love them!!
        wtg that must have been a lot of work - i know just putting together my std's almost killed me and they were just a piece of vellum and cardstock basically lol

#4 AmyInMI

AmyInMI
        • 547 posts

Posted 27 February 2007 - 09:40 PM

Wow, those look great Jessalyn!!! Great job!! What kind of material is that on the actual invite?
          http://i77.photobuck....nsetkiss-1.jpg
          Amy & Aaron
          May 10, 2008
          Dreams Tulum, Riviera Maya, Mexico

#5 *JillD*

*JillD*
          • 5,112 posts

Posted 27 February 2007 - 09:43 PM

OMG Jessalyn, what a project!! They came out beautiful you should be so happy with them!

#6 A10CalGal

A10CalGal
            • VIP Member
            • 11,403 posts

Posted 27 February 2007 - 09:44 PM

Wow, Jessalyn, those are seriously AMAZING!!! They are so beautiful...I am in awe. Where did the pocket fold come from? Don't even tell me you hand crafted those! Wow....

#7 Jessalyn

Jessalyn
              • 1,876 posts

Posted 27 February 2007 - 09:51 PM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by AmyInMI
                Wow, those look great Jessalyn!!! Great job!! What kind of material is that on the actual invite?
                The layer behind the vellum is a handmade paper....almost like a fabric. It has wavy horizontal liness raised off the surface. It has a lot of texture...here is the link to the paper..
                Wow, Jessalyn, those are seriously AMAZING!!! They are so beautiful...I am in awe. Where did the pocket fold come from? Don't even tell me you hand crafted those! Wow....
                The pocket fold actually came from large sheets of handmade mulberry paper. I could cut (make that tear) 4 per sheet and then I folded each one to make the pockets and used rubber cement to tack down the edges of the pocket.

Thanks for all the compliments!! I just had to share them after all of the time that they took. ...plus I thought you all wouldn't mind a little inspiration....especially those of you who are planning to make your own invites.
                My new man....Donovan

#8 TOESNTHESND

TOESNTHESND
                • 486 posts

Posted 27 February 2007 - 09:53 PM

Those turned out very cute. I am sure your guests will love them, I love the starfish idea.

#9 MrsWtobe

MrsWtobe
                  • 56 posts

Posted 27 February 2007 - 09:54 PM

So cute! Were they expensive to mail?

#10 ~Melissa~

~Melissa~

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                    • 8,680 posts
                    • Wedding Date:October 7, 2010
                    • Wedding Location:Nuevo Vallarta, Mexico
                    • LocationUtah

Posted 27 February 2007 - 09:57 PM

WOW Jess those are waaay nicer than the ones from web sites even. Fantastic job!!!!! How many did you have to make?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users