Photo

Ordered my dress **should i make changes**

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 milejilo

milejilo
  • 313 posts

Posted 05 August 2008 - 11:00 AM

i need your honest opinions... i've been dress shopping for about 4 months now and i was stuck on this amazing stephen yearick but just couldn't bring myself to pay $3,000 for it. i was determined to find something similar that made me feel just as beautiful but for less $$$. fast forward to saturday.. yaaaay, i found a dress, i ordered it and it was in my budget of $2,000, perfect. buuuut I still find myself staring at the yearick. (i feel like such a cheater, lol) my question is, should i just have them alter it, add the sweet heart neck line and crystals, or should i leave it as is ? i just don't want to feel like i settled, even though i do love the way the marisa looks. uuugh, i think this is the only place i can vent this way, everyone else thinks i'm crazy.

This is the stephen yearick

Click the image to open in full size.

and this is the marisa on me

#2 Jen_S

Jen_S
    • 3,737 posts

Posted 05 August 2008 - 11:03 AM

You could easily add the bling and the dress would almost be a replica. I would ask the person who does your alterations not sure how much it would cost, hopefully not $1000 so you would still come out ahead.
      Our Honeymoon In Ireland!!

#3 shannon

shannon
      • 772 posts

Posted 05 August 2008 - 11:05 AM

I totally agree- I'd ask to see how much it would cost to make a more obvious sweetheart neckline and add the bling to the top and the bottom/side--- it would look the identical dresses!

I love love the style!

#4 RaydensMama

RaydensMama
        • VIP Member
        • 2,861 posts

Posted 05 August 2008 - 11:09 AM

OMG is it okay if I say I prefer the second one? You look absolutley amazing in it!!!
          But if you want to altar it, do what feels right to you! Youre the one wearing it :)

#5 EDYTA

EDYTA
          • 1,277 posts

Posted 05 August 2008 - 11:25 AM

I think you look stunning in the dress u bought, it's perfect...I personally love sweatheart necklines and I had my dress altered to one. It shouldn't be too expensive but I think adding the crystals will be a lot so you might actually come close in price to the dress that you wanted

but u really do look beautiful in that dress

#6 Jacqueline

Jacqueline
            • VIP Member
            • 3,160 posts

Posted 05 August 2008 - 11:29 AM

..didnt read other posts but- WOW good job in finding a similar dress!!!! I say you can totally badazzle it up!!!! It can't hurt the dress at all! It is gorgeous as is, but I say add only b/c you love the Yearick so much. Do it! And makingit sweetheart isnt a prob either, they could totally do that. Congrats and good luck, make sure to show pix when or if you make changes!

#7 Carolyn

Carolyn
              • 1,235 posts

Posted 05 August 2008 - 11:31 AM

The dress looks great but if you want to pay for the changes and as long as they are under $1000.00 I would go for it

#8 Jacqueline

Jacqueline
                • VIP Member
                • 3,160 posts

Posted 05 August 2008 - 12:00 PM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by cja1976
                  The dress looks great but if you want to pay for the changes and as long as they are under $1000.00 I would go for it
                  yes, see there i go...not taking costs into consideration. thats why i am broke

ok- like she said, if its not too expensive do the changes, but that def can be super expensive. u can even do just alil up top or wherever to dress it up, and so it wont costs too much.

orrr how about just a broach on the side part there?? they sell great broaches on ebay. people on here are always borrowing stuff, ? maybe someone has one for you. u could do that and a sweetheart alteration and there you go!

#9 milejilo

milejilo
                  • 313 posts

Posted 05 August 2008 - 12:14 PM

i knew you girls would give me good insights A BROACH, yessss.... etsy has amazing ones too. or i could just hop the path and go to nyc. thanks girls, i'll keep you posted. dress wont arrive for another 5 months or so, what torture!!!

#10 OROBride1008

OROBride1008
                    • 417 posts

Posted 05 August 2008 - 12:20 PM

I love that dress n you. I think the girls are right, just add the sweetheart and a little bling and it will be just like the other one. Keep us posted.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users