Register to Vote (if you want)

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 starchild

starchild

• Moderators
  • 26,161 posts

Posted 04 August 2008 - 08:20 AM

For citizens of the U.S. the presidential election will be here before we know it. Everyone doesn't vote and I respect that, but if you want to vote and may have moved or never registered before I wanted to put the info out there because it's never too early to get it done.

This isn't meant to be a thread to support or criticize either nominee or those who are no longer in the race, but just to remind people who want to vote to register and how to do it.

Here are some websites for more info:

Home*-*Declare Yourself

Rock the Vote

www.ProjectVote.org/Register

#2 klhutsell

klhutsell
    • 63 posts

Posted 04 August 2008 - 11:23 AM

I agree! It is really important to be a registered voter and EVERYONE's vote matters!
      Kelsie and MarcusJune 14, 2008Graduation/Engagement

#3 ErinB

ErinB

VIP Member

• VIP Member
      • 9,504 posts

Posted 04 August 2008 - 11:32 AM

Thanks Jamy!

This is very important info to have.

#4 Kristy!

Kristy!

VIP Member

• VIP Member
        • 6,368 posts

Posted 04 August 2008 - 11:46 AM

I've moved twice since the last presidential election and had to fill out a new registration form since I changed counties. Don't just assume that everything is up to date. Take a minute to check it out.

Thank you for posting this.

#5 ACDCDCAC

ACDCDCAC
          • Moderators
          • 25,218 posts
          • Wedding Location:Santa Maria Bay Beach, Cabo San Lucas, BCS, Mexico
          • LocationSeattle

Posted 04 August 2008 - 11:49 AM

thanks jamy, you reminded me i need to update now that i've got a new married last name!

#6 Amy&Andy

Amy&Andy
          • VIP Member
          • 3,405 posts

Posted 04 August 2008 - 12:34 PM

I can't wait to vote in this election. I feel like it's the first time I've been passionate about a certain candidate. Good idea bringing this up! Rock it!

#7 starchild

starchild

• Moderators
            • 26,161 posts

Posted 05 August 2008 - 09:32 AM

No problem guys
              thanks jamy, you reminded me i need to update now that i've got a new married last name!
              Thanks for mentioning that Abbie! When I got my new DL at the DMV they gave me the form to change my voter registration so I should be good but I need to make sure!

#8 Dbld78

Dbld78
              • Banned
              • 665 posts

Posted 05 August 2008 - 09:36 AM

I can't WAIT to vote.... It's my civil duty! We have to do absentee ballots this year because we'll be at our wedding...

#9 ACDCDCAC

ACDCDCAC
                • Moderators
                • 25,218 posts
                • Wedding Location:Santa Maria Bay Beach, Cabo San Lucas, BCS, Mexico
                • LocationSeattle

Posted 05 August 2008 - 09:46 AM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by starchild
                Thanks for mentioning that Abbie! When I got my new DL at the DMV they gave me the form to change my voter registration so I should be good but I need to make sure!
                oh, the dmv in la must have their shiznit together cause the dmv in sea-town sure did not! to change your name in wa you have to fill out a new registration form but just check the boxes for name change, address change, whatever. i was able to print the form from online and got it mailed yesterday, thanks to you jamy!

#10 starchild

starchild

• Moderators
                • 26,161 posts

Posted 05 August 2008 - 09:48 AM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by Abbie
                  oh, the dmv in la must have their shiznit together cause the dmv in sea-town sure did not! to change your name in wa you have to fill out a new registration form but just check the boxes for name change, address change, whatever. i was able to print the form from online and got it mailed yesterday, thanks to you jamy!
                  Woohoo, that's what I'm talking about!! Glad I could help

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users