Photo

So frustrated with Brides.com

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#1 Jennifer Davis

Jennifer Davis
  • 582 posts

Posted 03 August 2008 - 09:19 PM

I found a dress I am interested in and there is no information on the website. I emailed them asking for the dress information and I got an automated response advising me to post in their community forum because they can not answer everyone. I created an account and tried to post on the forum and it keeps telling me to verify my email address to post which I already did. Ugh!

Here is the dress btw...

Wedding Dresses Information: Swept Away | Brides.com

#2 ErinB

ErinB

VIP Member

• VIP Member
    • 9,504 posts

Posted 03 August 2008 - 09:30 PM

It looks like a Demetrios. Demetriosbride.com - Wedding Dresses, and Special Occasion Dresses from Demetrios Bridal

Reem Acra featured some similar beadwork. It's hard to tell without being about to see much of the dress.

Have your tried the gown search with the Knot?

#3 Kits55

Kits55
      • 607 posts
      • Wedding Location:Secrets Maroma Beach
      • LocationRiviera Maya, Mexico

Posted 03 August 2008 - 09:47 PM

OMG, that is the most beautiful, sexy dress ever! i want one! :) I have no idea who makes it, although it does look semi-Jenny Packham-ish but i know it's not Summer 2008 because i've looked at her repeatedly. It could maybe be from a spring '08 collection since the posting on the site says that it's from a past issue. I have the current July/August issue and this dress is NOT in it. So that means maybe the May/June issue had this dress in it?

#4 ErinB

ErinB

VIP Member

• VIP Member
      • 9,504 posts

Posted 03 August 2008 - 10:12 PM

Also try Winnie Couture. Winnie Couture They have some similar silhouettes and low-back gowns.

#5 KLC77

KLC77
        • 2,207 posts

Posted 03 August 2008 - 11:47 PM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by Kits55
          OMG, that is the most beautiful, sexy dress ever! i want one! :) I have no idea who makes it, although it does look semi-Jenny Packham-ish but i know it's not Summer 2008 because i've looked at her repeatedly. It could maybe be from a spring '08 collection since the posting on the site says that it's from a past issue. I have the current July/August issue and this dress is NOT in it. So that means maybe the May/June issue had this dress in it?
          I just checked the March/ April and May/ June issues of Brides and didn't see it in either...
          ~Kelly

Our Awesome Wedding Pics: http://www.delsolpho...ings/kelly&ron/

#6 IslamoradaBride

IslamoradaBride
          • 459 posts

Posted 03 August 2008 - 11:54 PM

Check Nicole Miller, and scroll to the next screen. It looks a lot like the dress on the middle row on the right-hand side.

#7 KLC77

KLC77
            • 2,207 posts

Posted 04 August 2008 - 12:32 AM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by IslamoradaBride
              Check Nicole Miller, and scroll to the next screen. It looks a lot like the dress on the middle row on the right-hand side.

Ooh, I think you may have found it!
              ~Kelly

Our Awesome Wedding Pics: http://www.delsolpho...ings/kelly&ron/

#8 loveangel0610

loveangel0610
              • 272 posts

Posted 04 August 2008 - 12:38 AM

Quote:

I think that's it too. Damn your good. I would have never thought to check Nicole Miller.

#9 luckygirl

luckygirl
                • 339 posts

Posted 04 August 2008 - 04:17 AM

It looks exactly like the dress a bride was wearing on the photographer's website I'm thinking about using. Check out the site for the pictures of the bride in the dress.
                  Noha & Eric
                  It's a beautiful dress and she looks amazing in it. The Nicole Miller dress doesn't look like it has the pleating that's on the dress in the Brides.com site. I'll see if I can find it.

#10 Jennifer Davis

Jennifer Davis
                  • 582 posts

Posted 04 August 2008 - 07:01 AM

Quote:

I think that's it!!!! Yay! Thank you so much! I can afford it too! I hope it looks good on!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users