Photo

My gift idea - for everyone or just select few - what do you think?

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 PhillyGal

PhillyGal
  • 32 posts

Posted 02 August 2008 - 04:42 PM

So I was walking past this art gallery a few months ago, and saw in the window were these cute beer glasses with Red Stripe labels. I went in and found out that they are hand blown by a local Philadelphia artist. I thought these would be a great gift or favor for our DW since we are both born and raised in Philly and are having our wedding in Jamaica.

Anyway, my question is who should get the glasses?

We only have 2 groomsmen (his 2 brothers), so my thought is to give them out to the other guys that we are close to that come to the wedding (his brothers, his close friends, my brother in law, my cousin, etc), but then I'm thinking, if we give them out at the welcome party (well not really give them out, because we don't want to lug the glasses there), but at least "present" our gift at the welcome party, won't it be kind of mean to give out like 10 glasses when there's only like 30 other men there? Or do you think that maybe we should just give them to all the men who come to Jamaica? (the glasses are $10/each).

UGGGHHH!! I don't know what to do... Thoughts, please. Thanks!!! Toni

#2 Jen5372

Jen5372
    • 228 posts

Posted 02 August 2008 - 07:48 PM

Only those who come to the wedding is my opinion. Orrr just groomsmen-like a GM gift!

#3 Anna83

Anna83
      • 288 posts

Posted 03 August 2008 - 06:00 PM

I think you should either give them to all the men who come to Jamaica or just to the gm's. You wouldn't want to hurt anyone's feelings by making them feel like the "not chosen ones" who don't get a glass.

#4 foxytv

foxytv
        • VIP Member
        • 7,740 posts

Posted 03 August 2008 - 06:09 PM

If you can't afford them for all the guests, then I would say just the bridal party. $10 each is a lot of money if you have a lot of guests coming. :-)

#5 1elephant

1elephant
          • VIP Member
          • 15,998 posts

Posted 03 August 2008 - 06:44 PM

i agree. just the gms or everyone.

#6 Jamminworld

Jamminworld
            • 136 posts

Posted 03 August 2008 - 07:51 PM

Not much to add as I agree with the above posters. Either just GM or Everyone.

#7 Erica053009

Erica053009
              • 513 posts

Posted 03 August 2008 - 08:07 PM

I agree that you can't pick and choose which guys getthem but how many men are coming besides cost yo uhave to bring all of them with you is that too much for you guys?

#8 Erica053009

Erica053009
                • 513 posts

Posted 03 August 2008 - 08:05 PM

I agree that you can't pick and choose which guys getthem but how many men are coming besides cost yo uhave to bring all of them with you is that too much for you guys?

#9 Erica053009

Erica053009
                  • 513 posts

Posted 03 August 2008 - 08:09 PM

I agree that you can't pick and choose which guys getthem but how many men are coming besides cost you have to lug all of them with you... is that too much for you guys?

#10 ErinB

ErinB

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                    • 9,504 posts

Posted 03 August 2008 - 11:01 PM

Will you find something similar for the girls that are going? As Tami said, $10 each isn't bad until you have 60 guests! And, you have to figure out how to get all of them down to Jamaica...

But, I love the idea and would love to have a set for my house! LOL!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users