Photo

wedding in 6 months?

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#11 Jenn

Jenn
  • 1,557 posts

Posted 01 August 2008 - 04:19 PM

As others said, its definitely possible! We were also enagaged and married in about 7 months! I would start looking for a dress though, because if you can't find something off the rack, it will probbaly take a few months to come in. Nothing wrong with off the rack (mine was!), but you don't want to limit your choices... I would've hated to find something I loved but couldn't get because of timing.

#12 inachka4ever

inachka4ever
    • 24 posts

Posted 01 August 2008 - 05:07 PM

welcome to the forum. You will find everything (or almost everything) you need here, just look around.

#13 MLB410

MLB410
      • 8 posts

Posted 03 August 2008 - 09:59 AM

Welcome and congratulations!

My fiance and I were engaged and we will be married within 8 months. It's definitely possible to plan it in 6 months, especially if you don't need to worry about the travel arrangements of a lot of people. My dress is taking 4 months to come in, so unless you can find something off the rack, I would start looking! Best of luck in your planning!!

#14 Jen5372

Jen5372
        • 228 posts

Posted 03 August 2008 - 10:19 AM

Very true about off the rack-I had to buy mine off the rack-good news is they took 50 bucks off. Heck anything helps :)

#15 CTHawaii14

CTHawaii14
          • 488 posts

Posted 04 August 2008 - 04:15 AM

Congrats and welcome to the forum. Happy planning!

#16 Robyn Louise Photography

Robyn Louise Photography
            • 2,171 posts

Posted 04 August 2008 - 11:56 AM

Welcome Roxie! I think you can do it! It's great to have another Canadian here :)

#17 Jacilynda

Jacilynda
              • 2,777 posts

Posted 04 August 2008 - 04:39 PM

You are not crazy!!! We were engaged in February and we're not getting married til next august and I'm pretty much done planning, just paying. Our wedding is quite small. The only people invited are family and a couple of our really close friends. We're having a reception at home... well more like a big bbq that everyone we know will be invited to.

#18 neen

neen
                • 633 posts

Posted 04 August 2008 - 05:09 PM

Congratulations! And no, you're not crazy. Destination weddings are perfect for short engagements because you pretty much just need to show up with your dress and the resort will take care of the rest! And you shouldn't have any problem getting your dress...i fell in love with the second one i tried on and it'll be here in less than three months, so don't worry (just be sure to tell the dress shop your time frame so they can point you away from the dresses that take 6+ months to come in). As for folks being disappointed that they're not included, yeah that may happen, but if you want a small wedding, they should understand. Just send an announcement after the fact so they know you care :)

happy planning!!!

#19 O'Driscoll Photography

O'Driscoll Photography
                  • 4,853 posts

Posted 04 August 2008 - 05:11 PM

Congrats and welcome!

Tod

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users