Booked my very first dress shopping appointment...
Posted 31 July 2008 - 09:48 AM
So, besides being ECSTATIC about my appointment, I was wondering if you wedding dress shopping vets have any tips for a newbie like me?! I just started looking at wedding dresses after I was engaged (I never looked before, I know, what kind of girl am I?) ... so this is all very, very new to me ... I'm not even sure about the style I want ... I know what I DON'T want though. :-p
Thanks in advance girls.
Posted 31 July 2008 - 09:58 AM
I have also just begun dress shopping and am one of those girls that had never looked before either. This is what helped me make it a fun day:
- I brought my best girlfriend and my mom with me.
- I went to yoga that morning. This helped me feel confident and strong in my body and slightly less obsessive and nervous about having all eyes on me in these dresses.
- I searched several websites and wrote down the designers and style numbers that I wanted to try on and brought them with me. With some I changed my mind when I saw on hanger. This made the bigger stores less overwhelming.
- Tried on dresses that my mom or Em pulled for me just for the heck of it and ended up REALLY loving one. Keeping somehwat of an open mind
- I told myself that even if I felt that I "found the one" I would sleep on it and go to the other shops I have planned. The dress will still exist in another month.
- Wore full undies/ no thong after a fellow BDW lady suggested it. The "attendant" is all up in your business getting you in and out of dresses.
- Went to lunch after and had some wine.
Enjoy! I am going on my 2nd excursion this Saturday as well.
Posted 31 July 2008 - 11:50 AM
Posted 31 July 2008 - 11:52 AM
Make sure you eat breakfast and lunch.
Have a wonderful time.
Posted 31 July 2008 - 11:56 AM
Posted 31 July 2008 - 12:22 PM
Listen to yourself! If you think that a dress is "the" dress, go with that feeling! But at the same time, don't feel compelled to find a dress on this 1 day.
Bring your camera! It will be very helpful when you want to remind yourself of what a certain dress looked like.
Definitely try on styles that you wouldn't have ordinarily considered!
Oh, in addition to the boy shorts, have a strapless bra!
MOSTLY...HAVE FUN!!! It can be stressful but this is a big day for you!
Posted 31 July 2008 - 12:36 PM
Posted 31 July 2008 - 02:14 PM
I will definitely bring a camera and take lots of shots for you girls to check out the inventory with me!!
I'm just bringing my Mum, MOH, and the two girls who would have been my bridesmaids had I been having a larger wedding party. I value all of their opinions and the 2 would-be-bridesmaids were brides recently so they know the process!!!
But really, you guys ROCK
Posted 31 July 2008 - 02:21 PM
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users