Sign in to follow this  
Danniellou

ROR Procession

I have a question about the bridal procession for the beach wedding at the ROR. I found a video on YouTube from a past ROR wedding, and I couldn't quite tell from the angle of the camera, but it looked like the bride was standing there in full view of the groom and everyone else, waiting for her bridal party to go down the aisle. Is this the way it is or are you hidden from everyone? Maybe I am being silly, but I kind of would like to make an entrance and not have everyone staring at me for five minutes before I make it down the aisle. If anyone could give me some info I would appreciate it. Thanks!!!

Yeah, that happened to me. I got married on the beach and was seriously trying to hide behind a red RIU sign but that didn't work too well. I wish that I had waited up in the pool area and then walked down the steps when it was time, but Chandlyn didn't mention it during the rehearsal and I honestly didn't think about it til I was standing there moments before I walked down the aisle. I'm sure if you ask her when you're down there, you can figure something out. She has an assistant and they communicate with walkie talkies, so if you stayed with the assistant, Chandlyn could let her know it was time to bring you down to the beach.

I have waited my WHOLE life to make that entrance! I don't want to be seen by FI on my wedding day until I'm making my walk down the aisle to become his wife

I Totaly agree, after al those months of silence and keeping our dresses top secret, we defenitly want to make sure that when we walk down that aisle, we can see the expression on our hubbies faces, when he see's us in our beautifull dresses!!! YAY

I've read on some other threads about this that you are kind of hidden behind some palm trees (which works if you are stick thin!) and that the minister keeps telling your FI not to turn around until you are walking down. I'm sure you can work something out with Chandly once you get down there.

I got married at the beach gazebo and I thought my DH could see me while I was standing there waiting on the BMs to get down the aisle but when i asked him later he said he couldn't see me b/c of the palm trees. I also used my parasol to block my face while i was standing there and then when Chandlyn motioned to me to start walking i put it down.