lyrebard's pro pics from Matt Adcock @ Ana y Jose Beach Club

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#11 Banana11

Banana11
  • VIP Member
  • 8,841 posts

Posted 30 July 2008 - 01:13 PM

Your pictures were so amazing! They told a perfect story of your special day. I teared up many times watching the slide show. Thank you for sharing them!

#12 lyrebard

lyrebard
    • 229 posts

Posted 30 July 2008 - 01:49 PM

Quote:
      Originally Posted by roo66
      your wedding looked wonderful.i can say hand on heart you looked the happiest bride and groom i have ever seen.The man who walked you down the aisle looked a really sweet guy,his face in your photos is full of expression and love.your dress lookes very pretty to.Im sure you both will be very happy .
      that is so, so sweet of you to say! i guess we were (and still are) pretty darned happy. that was my grandfather walking me down the aisle., and I think those pictures may sum him up better than any I've ever seen -- he really is one of the kindest people I've ever known (and my hubby is right up there with him!). cheers!

#13 rodent

rodent

VIP Member

• VIP Member
      • 18,759 posts

Posted 30 July 2008 - 01:59 PM

The cermeony looked like it wasa so unique. Did the guests throw stones in the water in the middle? I love all the interaction.

Why is he wearing a picture frame? Watching the slideshow made me want to see a video. It looks like you did so many cool things with the ceremony.

There are also so many awesome pictures of guests. I love the kids asleep on the floor.

#14 ErinB

ErinB

VIP Member

• VIP Member
        • 9,504 posts

Posted 30 July 2008 - 02:13 PM

WOW! That's all I can say. Matt did a fabulous job as usual.

The day must have been full of emotion and it was captured beautifully. You really look happy and in love and your guests seemed to be having as much fun as the two of you. I cried through most of the gallery and when I got to the poem, it was over! LOL

#15 Kryztan

Kryztan
          • 743 posts

Posted 30 July 2008 - 02:35 PM

Oh I love them and trampoline...way sweet!

#16 niels408

niels408
            • 327 posts

Posted 30 July 2008 - 02:50 PM

Great photos, Congrats & thank you for sharing with us!

Laura

#17 Mrs D To Be!

Mrs D To Be!
              • 1,634 posts

Posted 30 July 2008 - 03:02 PM

your wedding looked lovely..and your a beautiful bride!

hope married life treats you both well!

#18 ACDCDCAC

ACDCDCAC
                • Moderators
                • 25,218 posts
                • Wedding Location:Santa Maria Bay Beach, Cabo San Lucas, BCS, Mexico
                • LocationSeattle

Posted 30 July 2008 - 03:04 PM

wow, gorgeous pics by matt, as usual, and the poem made me cry! such a beautiful way to include your mom.

your dress was fantastic! did you have it made?

#19 lyrebard

lyrebard
                • 229 posts

Posted 30 July 2008 - 05:27 PM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by Morgan
                  The cermeony looked like it wasa so unique. Did the guests throw stones in the water in the middle? I love all the interaction.
                  The ceremony was certainly different...lol. I'm glad that comes through! I think we were just trying to make it as "us" as possible, and to reflect our definition of marriage. The stone-throwing ceremony is an ancient Celtic tradition that we found, and really liked because A) His mom's side is Irish, and B) it allowed everyone to participate. This was the blessing:

May you both be blessed
                  with the strength of heaven,
                  The light of the sun and the
                  radiance of the moon
                  The splendor of fire,
                  The speed of lightning,
                  The swiftness of wind,
                  The depth of the sea,
                  The stability of earth,
                  And the firmness of rock.

After which, our guests threw the stones into the sea.

Quote:
                  Why is he wearing a picture frame? Watching the slideshow made me want to see a video. It looks like you did so many cool things with the ceremony.
                  You know, we didn't have a videographer...in some ways it makes me a bit sad that I don't have everyone on tape, but we're not the type of people who watch home movies. In fact, we stick them away and pretty much never look at them again. lol.

The picture frame was actually a prop for my vows. It's a postcard of the first painting that Van Gogh ever did of his living quarters, which he painted, he says, because it was the first time he'd ever felt he was home. I bought that postcard years ago, vowing to hang it up in the first place that made me feel like that. Needless to say, I never hung it up. When I realized it was the person that makes the "home," I knew that it had to be hung up on Mark. =) That was sorta the gist of my wedding vow, and I told the story and hung it around his neck. Of course, it just made him look like Flava Flav.

Quote:
                  There are also so many awesome pictures of guests. I love the kids asleep on the floor.
                  Yeah, Matt was great about this. We actually told him that it was actually more important for him to take pics of them than of us, as we didn't think we'd ever have that many people who are important to us together in one place, with an amazing photographer there. He totally met the challenge. =) And the kids are actually on beds...one of the awesome things about the Beach Club is they had beach beds that anyone could crash on at any time. I didn't take advantage of them...but I should have!

#20 lyrebard

lyrebard
                  • 229 posts

Posted 30 July 2008 - 05:31 PM

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by Abbie
                    wow, gorgeous pics by matt, as usual, and the poem made me cry! such a beautiful way to include your mom.
                    thanks, Abbie. that's really sweet. the poem made me cry, too. still does...every time. but it was the only time I cried all night...I was inordinately proud of myself.

Quote:
                    your dress was fantastic! did you have it made?
                    I did! And believe it or not, it's hemp-silk! I was thinking I didn't really want a white dress, and found this designer in Seattle who hand-dyes all her own silk. She modified one of her designs for me, and then I modified it a bit more when I did the fittings. I think I'm going to cut it off at the knees and make a (fancy) sun-dress out of it...maybe even wear it to the AHRs we have yet to plan. =)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users