Photo

Where are you honeymooning after your Cancun/RM wedding?

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#11 MissyR

MissyR
  • 1,210 posts

Posted 26 July 2008 - 10:01 PM

We are doing an "after honeymoon" - we get back from the wedding on December 1 - then are leaving on the 21st to spend Christmas and New Years touring Chile - then heading to Walt Disney World for 6 days!

#12 neen

neen
    • 633 posts

Posted 27 July 2008 - 08:38 AM

we're heading to hawaii after our Tulum wedding...its not an inexpensive trip by any means, but we figure its the only time we're going to honeymoon so who cares!

#13 Jessica&Adam

Jessica&Adam
      • 159 posts

Posted 27 July 2008 - 11:27 AM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by katrina
        we went straight to belize from riviera maya. it was very easy although it took some research. and personally i think it was the perfect honeymoon spot. if you end up deciding on belize, pm me and i'll let you know exactly how we got there and and who we used.
        Katrina,
        I had never even thought about Belize, but that is a good idea, especially since its so close to Mexico! How are the beaches there? Is it really touristy? We are wanting somewhere semi-secluded yet exotic with awesome beaches and ocean to relax on. Does Belize fit the part? Do you have any pics you wouldn't mind sharing? Where did you stay while there? Sorry for the 20 questions! :)

#14 katrina

katrina

VIP Member

• VIP Member
        • 4,328 posts

Posted 27 July 2008 - 12:52 PM

we stayed right in town (at the blue tang inn) so the actual beach part was small... but we rode out to the northern part of the island where the resorts are and the beaches were larger and it was much quieter. it's really not touristy at all yet, and most of the tourists we came across were honeymooners. the water activities are amazing- snorkeling, diving, fishing, boating, all really first class. i'm going to do a honeymoon review soon and i'll have lots of pics for ya :)

#15 adias.angel

adias.angel
          • 719 posts

Posted 01 August 2008 - 10:15 AM

We are thinking about holding off on the honeymoon until the next fall and then spend two weeks cruising around Europe.

#16 Rhonda

Rhonda
            • 270 posts

Posted 01 August 2008 - 07:03 PM

Katrina, I'm very curious about your review. We are also considering Belize for our honeymoon. Would you believe that it's actually cheaper/same price to fly LA to Cancun roundtrip and then back to Belize?!!! I couldn't understand considering it's way closer! BUt, we would probably drive as you did I believe....this may sound dumb, but, did you feel safe driving and at the border

#17 kisskissmd

kisskissmd
              • 59 posts

Posted 01 August 2008 - 10:59 PM

Thanks so much for posting this thread - I hadn't thought about heading to Belize after our RM wedding!!! We are planning right now to do a few nights at Le Blanc Spa for our honeymoon (a trip up the road is cheaper than a plane flight)...but perhaps that trip could be south to Belize instead. Wonderful! Thanks for the idea!

#18 katrina

katrina

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                • 4,328 posts

Posted 02 August 2008 - 01:23 AM

oh man, i really need to get this review up now! so much pressure! haha

the border was no sweat really. just showed our passports, paid $20, answered a few questions, and we were through. :)

#19 yamille

yamille
                  • 1,460 posts

Posted 02 August 2008 - 08:43 AM

I need to keep up with this thread. I too want to see the review! Maybe we will go there too. THanks for posting.

#20 FLgator

FLgator
                    • 253 posts

Posted 02 August 2008 - 09:01 AM

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by katrina
                      oh man, i really need to get this review up now! so much pressure! haha

the border was no sweat really. just showed our passports, paid $20, answered a few questions, and we were through. :)
                      We too are thinking about Belize...Katrina, I won't bombard you with questions just yet, but will be keeping an eye out for your review. No pressure :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users