Photo

My HHI, SC wedding review

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 WSUgal

WSUgal
  • 96 posts

Posted 22 July 2008 - 03:02 PM

I am so glad that DH and I decided to have a destination wedding. It was perfect for us! We wanted our wedding to be a celebration with our friends and family and that is what it truly ended up being! We couldn't have asked for a better day! So, without furthur ado...

Here are my vendors:

The Dunes House - A
    The Dunes House is located in Palmetto Dunes Plantation. It was a great location to get married. We wanted a location where you can get married on the beach and then walk to the reception. The reception was just steps away from our wedding site! Here is a post to show pictures of the Dunes House:
    Click the image to open in full size.

Nicole Guy - A

We had a sit down dinner and they did a wonderful job. I didn’t eat much, but my friends and family kept raving about how good the food was.

The whole night they kept saying to us...”Thanks for choosing The Dunes House to host your wedding.”
    My only regret is very minor, but I want to pass it on! In some of my pictures, you can see a vendor with some beach rentals. Legally, I don’t know if Nicole can control how far away he can be from the wedding spot, but it was a disappointment to have him that close to the rituals. Again, it is minor in the grand scheme of things! However, I would just ask Nicole how far vendors can be asked to move away from the ceremony. It never hurts to ask!

Officiant- Gail Felton - A

I also have attached the orginal ceremony and the altered script of the ceremony that I used. (Thanks, Morgan...I "borrowed" some of your ceremony!)

Attached Files

#2 *Heather*

*Heather*

VIP Member

• VIP Member
    • 9,532 posts

Posted 22 July 2008 - 03:07 PM

Ahhh I totally was going to have our wedding at Hilton Head as well! Sounds like yours was wonderful...congrats!

#3 WSUgal

WSUgal
      • 96 posts

Posted 22 July 2008 - 03:10 PM

Cake- Sheri's Edible Designs - A

Flowers- Lauri Leber - A

Photography- Shelly Hutchinson - B

Rehearsal Menu-Fiesta Fresh Mexican Grill – A
        (843) 342-8808
        This was a last minute decision! DH and I were catering in Mexican food for our Rehearsal Fiesta! We wanted to try out the two different places to see which place we liked best. Well, we tried Fiesta Fresh and didn’t even look at the other location. We were very happy with them! We made our order the day before the rehearsal and we told them when we would pick it up the following day. That had everything ready and waiting for us. It was delicious and all the guests raved about the food!

Vendors that I almost used:

Wedding Coordinator- Julie Miller Weddings - F
        I contacted Julie Miller Weddings about their services and they responded quickly. They were very sweet and really pushed for you to use them for the full time wedding service. I told them that I just needed their services to help find a location for my beach ceremony and reception and the day of services. They gave me a price and I told them that I would discuss it with DH and get back to them. Well, of course, DH said that we don’t need their services (let’s just call DH, Mr. Budget) and if I wanted to use them that this would mean that X amount is our new budget. So, I called the next day and left a message that I was interested in their services and that X amount is our budget. I never got a phone call or email back from them. Not very professional, ya think?!

Flowers- Tracey from FreshCuts - F
        I contacted Tracey in the beginning of May to get a price quote of the flowers that I wanted for the wedding and if she had availability on my wedding day. She assured me that she did and that she would work on getting me a price quote when I sent her an idea of the flowers and the arch that I had wanted. I sent her pictures right away with flowers and the arch. Tracey was pretty slow at responding to emails...usually 4-5 days. She would finally respond...with no price quote and suggestions to add other flowers to my bouquets. (As previously mentioned, I just wanted simple bouquets with one type of flower). I mentioned this to her in the email (that I only wanted one type of flower) and told her I wanted bouquets just like the pics that I sent her. A couple days later, I get a response asking for the pics again. (What business person doesn’t keep records of the emails that their clients send them?) So, I resend her the pics again. She responds again, a few days later, and again suggests other flowers to add to the bouquet and still no price quote. She also suggested some centerpiece ideas. I inform her in am email of the one type of flower bouquet, that I am not interested in centerpieces, and that I still need a quote on the arch and flowers, and for the pics of the arches she has claimed to have created for other weddings. I didn’t hear from her in a couple of days, so I called. I asked her about the price quote for flowers, an idea of what the bamboo arch will look like, and if she can get my peonies that I wanted. She told me that she is working on it and that she will email me right away with my quote. Cut to June 4, 15 more days until my actual wedding. I finally get a quote. HOLY MOLY! I reply to her email and ask her:
        1. Why has it taken so long to get a quote?
        2. Why is the price so high for flowers and arch?
        3. Where are the pics you have promised me of the other arches you have built?
        She responded within a few minutes of my email (Well, that’s a first! This is straight from the email...)

Attached is my revised proposal reflecting individual pricing and comments. My pricing on the flowers you requested remains unchanged as well as the arbor rental. With such a narrow window, I would recommend you try another alternative that meets your price range.

Thanks,
        Tracey

Thanks for the advice, Tracey! I did choose another vendor who put my order together in less than one week. Lauri Leber from Lilly’s Valley Florist was awesome and I cannot recommend her enough!

I hope this review helps some of you future HHI brides! Here is another great site for you also!
        Hilton Head Island Weddings :: Your Best Source of Local Wedding Information

Good luck with your planning!

#4 Carolyn

Carolyn
        • 1,235 posts

Posted 22 July 2008 - 03:15 PM

Congrats. Sounds like you had a wonderful wedding.

#5 Yari

Yari
          • VIP Member
          • 10,928 posts

Posted 22 July 2008 - 03:21 PM

Great review! Congrats on becoming a Mrs.

#6 ACDCDCAC

ACDCDCAC
            • Moderators
            • 25,218 posts
            • Wedding Location:Santa Maria Bay Beach, Cabo San Lucas, BCS, Mexico
            • LocationSeattle

Posted 22 July 2008 - 03:26 PM

wow looks like everything turned out great! so happy for you :) congrats!

#7 Kelly C

Kelly C
            • 2,051 posts

Posted 22 July 2008 - 03:33 PM

Great review! Congrats!
              Kerrington Danielle was born 6/23/09 12:31 pm 7lbs 14oz.

http://i295.photobuc....e/IMG_9487.jpg

#8 Jen_S

Jen_S
              • 3,737 posts

Posted 22 July 2008 - 04:47 PM

Congrats everything looks great!
                Our Honeymoon In Ireland!!

#9 Christi

Christi
                • 1,905 posts

Posted 22 July 2008 - 07:23 PM

Great review...everything looked amazing...congrats!

#10 Alyssa

Alyssa
                  • 11,793 posts

Posted 22 July 2008 - 08:35 PM

great review and congrats!!!!! :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users