Photo

Help me Invent my own OOT Product

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 twixygrl

twixygrl
  • 293 posts

Posted 22 July 2008 - 01:04 AM

SO, now that I have ordered my travel mugs I was day dreaming about all the ways I could use it during the wedding. I was thinking about this while I was floating on a raft in my pool...and then I looked over at my drink sitting in the raft cup holder....and it hit me...I should order mini rafts for our drinks...you know to compliment the swim up bar!!

I googled it and I did find a floating tray for 5 drinks and some snacks which I will surely invest in....however, does anyone have any ideas for a mini floating cup holder that I could add to our OOT bags I am sure someone has thought of this.

I must be googling the wrong thing because the only hits I get a $10 floating rubber duck....not exactly what I was thinking of.

Any ideas? Any DIY ideas?
    Twixygrl

#2 Jen_S

Jen_S
    • 3,737 posts

Posted 22 July 2008 - 09:47 AM

I will take a look online, but just be careful of the weight if you are going to bring them. We orig. wanted to bring rafts and when we went to the store they were so heavy.
      Our Honeymoon In Ireland!!

#3 Christi

Christi
      • 1,905 posts

Posted 22 July 2008 - 09:56 AM

I could only find floating flamingos...LUAU -12 FLAMINGO floating CUP HOLDERS coasters

#4 endlesslove

endlesslove
        • 362 posts

Posted 22 July 2008 - 10:00 AM

Here are some:

CUTE FLOATING FLAMINGO & PALM TREE DRINK HOLDERS POOL

FLOATING PINK FLAMINGO DRINK HOLDER FOR POOL, PARTY : , Buy Cheap Flamingos For Sale (a lot cheaper)

CUTE FLOATING PINK FLAMINGO DRINK HOLDERS (4) FOR POOL,SPA,LAKE (package of 4)

I'm beginning to think they only make flamingo and palm trees, lol.

#5 Christi

Christi
          • 1,905 posts

Posted 22 July 2008 - 10:09 AM

or these...Buy an Inflatable Personal Floating Drink Holder for $12.99

Floating Drink Holders

#6 TheTomato

TheTomato
            • 45 posts

Posted 22 July 2008 - 05:11 PM

Here's some "beach characters"...
              Inflatable Beach Character Floating Beach Coasters

#7 1elephant

1elephant
              • VIP Member
              • 15,998 posts

Posted 22 July 2008 - 05:47 PM

what about using swimmies? the ones for kids arms...could you buy them, split up the pack and personalize them/write something so people know what they're for? i think it's the perfect size.

#8 beachbride08

beachbride08
                • VIP Member
                • 2,372 posts

Posted 22 July 2008 - 05:58 PM

What a great idea! I think I may have to add these to my list of OOT bag stuff to buy.
                  Michelle

#9 KLC77

KLC77
                  • 2,207 posts

Posted 23 July 2008 - 12:38 AM

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by *lauren*
                    what about using swimmies? the ones for kids arms...could you buy them, split up the pack and personalize them/write something so people know what they're for? i think it's the perfect size.
                    This is exactly what I thought of first! You beat me to it. lol Wonder if they would stand up straight? Its a great idea if it works.
                    ~Kelly

Our Awesome Wedding Pics: http://www.delsolpho...ings/kelly&ron/

#10 twixygrl

twixygrl
                    • 293 posts

Posted 23 July 2008 - 04:38 PM

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by jkcz0702
                      I will take a look online, but just be careful of the weight if you are going to bring them. We orig. wanted to bring rafts and when we went to the store they were so heavy.
                      Very wise advice!!! I was originally thinking I wanted something that was inflatable because of the size, but the weight is also another serious concern given the baggage restrictions!

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by Christi
                      I could only find floating flamingos...
                      Here are some:

This is exactly what I thought of first! You beat me to it. lol Wonder if they would stand up straight? Its a great idea if it works.
                      I just knew someone could come up with a good idea...thank you so much for your responses. I will try the floaties this weekend in the pool! I will let you ladies know how it goes!
                      Twixygrl

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users