Jump to content

Photo

The new Dreams Tulum thread! (Post all DT Qs&As here)


  • Please log in to reply
5541 replies to this topic

#961 latinalocany

latinalocany
  • Jr. Member
  • 215 posts

    Posted 03 December 2008 - 11:52 AM

    Sunbride,
    can you still have your own center pieces even though you are choosing the free package and having the reception at the buffet or one of the al la carte restaurants? and will the set them up?

    #962 Blkatz

    Blkatz
    • Sr. Member
    • 1,025 posts

      Posted 03 December 2008 - 02:46 PM

      I finally got an email back from Anabel. She is the assistant to the wedding coordinators at Dreams Tulum. It took 3 emails to get a response.
      Her email address is weddings1@dreamstulum.com.mx
      I'm not sure what happened to Liset

      #963 latinalocany

      latinalocany
      • Jr. Member
      • 215 posts

        Posted 03 December 2008 - 03:46 PM

        I finally got an email back from Anabel. She is the assistant to the wedding coordinators at Dreams Tulum. It took 3 emails to get a response.
        Her email address is weddings1@dreamstulum.com.mx
        I'm not sure what happened to Liset

        i cant believe your ticker is down to 4 months 4 weeks!!! time is a flying now im getting nervous cause im right behind you!!

        #964 Blkatz

        Blkatz
        • Sr. Member
        • 1,025 posts

          Posted 03 December 2008 - 04:01 PM

          I know! It is crazy!
          I am meeting with Lizet on the 23rd at 11am to discuss options and stuff for the wedding. Does anyone want me to ask anything etc. when I meet with her

          #965 BC Bride2be

          BC Bride2be
          • Member
          • 636 posts

            Posted 03 December 2008 - 07:57 PM

            Ya!! I finally heard back from Anabel... its first time I have gotten a response since I booked the wedding back in June ... Anabel said she will be the one helping me with the planning.

            So I have a question... I have 26 people coming which qualifies me for the free wedding package, but I want the next package up (Dreams Love) which is $1950 (the free had a value of $769 I think) so shouldn't I be looking at paying $1181 ..
            were you able to upgrade with a discount if you had more than five rooms booked?

            thanks ladies...

            #966 rachelannmartin

            rachelannmartin
            • Jr. Member
            • 192 posts

              Posted 03 December 2008 - 08:15 PM

              Quote:
              Originally Posted by Blkatz
              I know! It is crazy!
              I am meeting with Lizet on the 23rd at 11am to discuss options and stuff for the wedding. Does anyone want me to ask anything etc. when I meet with her
              OMG! Thats freaking exciting!! You must be stoked! If you could ask if dahlias are available thru the florist and if the massage hut is condusive to a 20 guest wedding Iwould be soooooooooooooo sooooooooo thankful!!!
              I'm gonna be jealous of your tan!

              #967 ashjanbro

              ashjanbro
              • Newbie
              • 61 posts

                Posted 03 December 2008 - 11:00 PM

                Hey Beth,

                I'm so excited that you finally got a response back. I am so confused though because is Anabel taking Lisette's place? If I have it all straight, Anabel used to be at DPA or DC and Lisette was at DT. I read on here somewhere that Lisette was now at DPA or DC. Did they switch? What happened to Landy is she still going to be our coordinator?

                Anyway I would love for you to ask about locations for the ceremony. I really would like it on the beach, but I think I'm going to feel a bit awkward having it with people tanning in chairs right next to my wedding. Would you please ask:

                1) if we are able to move the arbor/gazebo a little farther down the beach where everyone says it is secluded?
                2) who performs symbolic weddings. Is it still a minister or is it her?
                3) how much the photographer charges for extra time? And if you are able would you look at some of his work and tell me what you think?
                4) how much are the fire dancers?
                5) let me know what you think of the banquet center and the ballrooms?
                6) If we can completely design our own ceremony entirely (i.e. the words that are said by the minister and the order)

                Thank you so much. By the way what are your colors and what are you doing for centerpieces?

                #968 sdtooley

                sdtooley
                • Newbie
                • 109 posts

                  Posted 03 December 2008 - 11:09 PM

                  Does anyone know exactly how the album credits work for different photographers? I am looking at a few photographers to use for the wedding and some of them like Del Sol have album credits. I am just not sure exactly how they work.... I hope this isn't too confusing, I'm a bit tired

                  #969 SunBride

                  SunBride
                  • Sr. Member
                  • 1,499 posts

                    Posted 04 December 2008 - 02:12 AM

                    Quote:
                    Originally Posted by sdtooley
                    Does anyone know exactly how the album credits work for different photographers? I am looking at a few photographers to use for the wedding and some of them like Del Sol have album credits. I am just not sure exactly how they work.... I hope this isn't too confusing, I'm a bit tired
                    You would have to check with each individual photographer. This is not something that the resort photographer offers. Maybe post something in one of the other forums and people who know can chip in their answers.

                    Quote:
                    Originally Posted by latinalocany
                    Sunbride,
                    can you still have your own center pieces even though you are choosing the free package and having the reception at the buffet or one of the al la carte restaurants? and will the set them up?
                    Yes, they will put up whatever decorations you bring. If you want them to supply the centerpieces, they will charge you. Mine centerpiece was free since it was the free bride's bouquet that comes with the package which I didn't use since I had flowers from (a company).


                    Quote:
                    Originally Posted by BC Bride2be
                    Ya!! I finally heard back from Anabel... its first time I have gotten a response since I booked the wedding back in June ... Anabel said she will be the one helping me with the planning.

                    So I have a question... I have 26 people coming which qualifies me for the free wedding package, but I want the next package up (Dreams Love) which is $1950 (the free had a value of $769 I think) so shouldn't I be looking at paying $1181 ..
                    were you able to upgrade with a discount if you had more than five rooms booked?
                    No you definitely won't get credit if you upgrade to a larger package. Pretty much all brides on this thread are eligible for that package but everyone still pays full price to go with one of the more expensive ones. I agree it's a bit dumb. It's too bad you don't get at least a few hundred dollars off.

                    #970 BC Bride2be

                    BC Bride2be
                    • Member
                    • 636 posts

                      Posted 04 December 2008 - 02:44 AM

                      Quote:
                      Originally Posted by SunBride

                      No you definitely won't get credit if you upgrade to a larger package. Pretty much all brides on this thread are eligible for that package but everyone still pays full price to go with one of the more expensive ones. I agree it's a bit dumb. It's too bad you don't get at least a few hundred dollars off.
                      Bummer, hmmm now I have rethink the package upgrade. I will see how much the extras that I really want cost on their own, adding them to the free package and I guess that will make my decision...
                      thanks Sunbride!




                      2 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users