Jump to content

Photo

The new Dreams Tulum thread! (Post all DT Qs&As here)


  • Please log in to reply
5541 replies to this topic

#681 Melissa24

Melissa24
  • Newbie
  • 35 posts

    Posted 12 October 2008 - 08:22 PM

    Thanks for the advice ladies. I am giving her another couple of days to respond. I know they too have a lot going on now too, with all the legal stuff. I knew you guys would have the best advise!
    I'll keep you posted on what her response is.

    #682 niels408

    niels408
    • Jr. Member
    • 327 posts

      Posted 13 October 2008 - 02:47 PM

      I'm right with you ladies...haven't heard much update except they are hoping for a Nov. 1 opening; yet that's been the 4th or so date they've updated too, so who knows...soon enough it could be they hope to open end of Dec. & we just can't all be left up in the air.

      So what are the options you ladies have been told that you can move to & they'll honor our prices? I've been given

      Dreams Cancun
      Barcelo Mayan Palace
      Iberostar Parisio (sp?)

      Does anyone have any opinions on these for us switching from DT? I heard the Barcelo's aren't that great except for this Mayan Palace one is only about a year old & really nice? Our TA would like us to decided TODAY, so I'd love input.

      Thanks,
      Laura

      #683 amesharpe

      amesharpe
      • Jr. Member
      • 260 posts

        Posted 13 October 2008 - 03:35 PM

        laura-

        are you sure that you want to make the decision right now? I think you're going to have more leverage with the Dreams management as far as
        pricing, room upgrades & basically getting more for your money becasue of the total turmoil they've managed to create for us.


        I know it's a hard decision to make, I'm struggling with it myself but I think for now I've chosen not to commit myself to another resort. I'm going to wait and see what happens in the next week and keep pushing for more information.

        I don't know, just a thought. I totally understand your position though.

        #684 Blkatz

        Blkatz
        • Sr. Member
        • 1,025 posts

          Posted 13 October 2008 - 03:47 PM

          Quote:
          Originally Posted by niels408
          I'm right with you ladies...haven't heard much update except they are hoping for a Nov. 1 opening; yet that's been the 4th or so date they've updated too, so who knows...soon enough it could be they hope to open end of Dec. & we just can't all be left up in the air.

          So what are the options you ladies have been told that you can move to & they'll honor our prices? I've been given

          Dreams Cancun
          Barcelo Mayan Palace
          Iberostar Parisio (sp?)

          Does anyone have any opinions on these for us switching from DT? I heard the Barcelo's aren't that great except for this Mayan Palace one is only about a year old & really nice? Our TA would like us to decided TODAY, so I'd love input.

          Thanks,
          Laura
          Hey Laura-
          I am surprised your TA wants you to decide today since DT might be open for your wedding...

          #685 niels408

          niels408
          • Jr. Member
          • 327 posts

            Posted 13 October 2008 - 04:01 PM

            I agree, its mainly bc my guests cc for the reservations are suppose to be ran today, so if we want to make changes best to do it now b4 those get run. Plus, its more picking if we want to wait it out & take the chance the other resorts wont have rooms available or changing now for peace of mind i guess i don't know what to do!

            #686 Blkatz

            Blkatz
            • Sr. Member
            • 1,025 posts

              Posted 13 October 2008 - 04:11 PM

              from what I understand from the girls that had to get moved the resort is taking care of everything for them. I guess the question is, do any of those resorts have your date open

              #687 amesharpe

              amesharpe
              • Jr. Member
              • 260 posts

                Posted 13 October 2008 - 04:12 PM

                Laura-

                double check with your TA regarding the payments. The balance is supposed to be due today for my trip but my TA said that we would not owe anything until this issue was resolved. Out of the 50 of us booked for the trip 46 are booked through my TA which is an apple vacation provider. The other 4 are booked directly with the resort. The 4 that are booked with the resort directly do not owe anything until they check in the hotel. It sounds like the vacation provider that your TA is dealing with is looking for $$$$.

                Don't get pressured into making a decision. Especially this fast. Tell her that based on the circumstances that you would like more time to make a decision and expect them to hold your reservations.

                This is definately not the time for you to have any more pressure!

                #688 amy706

                amy706
                • Member
                • 506 posts

                  Posted 13 October 2008 - 04:19 PM

                  I agree! My TA has been telling me to relax and has full confidence it will be resolved. And my date is 2 days before yours, Laura! She went through apple and told me that she won't run the payments until this is resolved and that Apple agrees with that!

                  If it comes to it, DT would take care of all of those changes and ensure all of the DT rates apply as well. I worry you might not get that if you change it now
                  Amy706
                  Washington, DC
                  Dreams Tulum
                  December 5, 2008
                  Pro Pics- Citlalli from Claudia Rodriguez:http://claudiaphoto...../december/a_m/Planning Thread: http://bestdestinati...om/forum/t31997Dreams Tulum Wedding Review: http://bestdestinati...om/forum/t33518http://ticker...

                  #689 can't wait!

                  can't wait!
                  • Member
                  • 517 posts

                    Posted 13 October 2008 - 11:14 PM

                    Does anyone know when Brooke/Trish get back? I wanna hear ALL THE DETAILS!!

                    #690 dreamstbride

                    dreamstbride
                    • Jr. Member
                    • 161 posts

                      Posted 13 October 2008 - 11:21 PM

                      dido that^ Im getting nervous!

                      I hope everything went perfectly for them. They had so much to deal with right before departing...

                      at least the rest of us have a heads up! we have probably gotten used to the idea that we'll be having our wedding somewhere else. But Trish and Brooke had to deal with a big shock!

                      Im sure it went beautifully though :) Cant wait to see the pictures!!! :) :) :)




                      0 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users