Photo

The new Dreams Tulum thread! (Post all DT Qs&As here)

• Please log in to reply
5541 replies to this topic

#581 SunBride

SunBride
  • 1,499 posts

Posted 25 September 2008 - 02:03 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by chandrathebride
    I was going back over the crucial first page info, I came across the "Ballroom normal menu (i.e. 20$ option, not silver or gold menu)" attachment.... I knew there was a $20 option, nicely enough, but never knew exactly what it was...is this it, whether you or on the beach, by the pool, anywhere? Not just the ballroom I mean?
    Hum, not sure about the pool or the beach. The idea behind teh 20$ option is that for the restaurants, you just get the regular restaurant menu and the 20$ is a service charge for having a group. so then somebody asked "what about the ballroom, is there a 20$ option? (seeing as there is no "regular restaurant menu" at the ballroom)" and that bride was given this information, which I then posted. You should ask about whether there is a 20$ option for the beach or the pool. Maybe they use the regular menu from Seaside Grill or El Patio (since those restaurants are the closest) or maybe they use the same menu as the ballroom, or maybe a different one altogether? (or maybe even no 20$ option). Let us know what they tell you - I'd like to add the info to the first page.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by neen
    question - i just noticed in the wedding guide that they charge $18 per table for linens (and then $18/$18 for overlay)...so does that mean I'm going to pay $18 per table just for the standard white tablecloth and napkins? if that's the case, that's fine, I just want to make sure I'm accounting for it in my budget.
    No, white linens are always included with any package, you only pay if you want colored linens.

#582 neen

neen
    • 633 posts

Posted 25 September 2008 - 02:05 PM

thanks!!!!

#583 jerzygirl85

jerzygirl85
      • 342 posts

Posted 25 September 2008 - 03:00 PM

Wow, this thread has so much great info!!! Thanks SunBride for all you're doing.

~~Joanna~~

Bride & Groom plus 36 booked!

http://tickers.Ticke....7ca2/event.png

#584 chandrathebride

chandrathebride
        • 90 posts

Posted 25 September 2008 - 03:23 PM

SunBride--thanks for your knowledge... I emailed Lizet trying to find out if I could use the $20 ballroom menu at the beach or pool. Will post what I find out! There must be a $20 option of outside receptions that aren't at a restaurant.

#585 latinalocany

latinalocany
          • 215 posts

Posted 26 September 2008 - 01:18 AM

Re: Rooms,
            can anyone tell me if they know a room with an excellent view? i booked ocean front dreams jr suite. do you have a rm #?

#586 Callie

Callie
            • 51 posts

Posted 26 September 2008 - 05:42 PM

Hi gals, what kind of shoes did you/are you planning to wear on the big day? Is it possible to go barefoot, or is the sand/concrete from the room to the wedding site too hot or rough at DT?

#587 can't wait!

can't wait!
              • 517 posts

Posted 26 September 2008 - 06:31 PM

I was working on my dinner menus today and realized there was a change in the new policy. Wondering if anyone has noticed this?!
                When I booked our date, Sandra sent me the "old" wedding guide. The cost for the golden menu was $55 and included a FIVE course dinner. The new menu only includes FOUR. So I called and emailed Landy and of course have gotten no response.

Does anyone know anything about this? The missing course in the new menu is the soup.

#588 chandrathebride

chandrathebride
                • 90 posts

Posted 26 September 2008 - 09:55 PM

Regarding my previous post.... According to Lizet you cannot use the $20 ballroom menu anywhere outside the ballroom. Trying to find out what menu is used if you are on the beach or near the pool.

#589 sisterofthebrideerica

sisterofthebrideerica
                  • 48 posts

Posted 27 September 2008 - 12:44 PM

Username: Sisterofthebrideerica
                    Names: Erica and Geoff
                    Date & Time: 11/22/08 4:30pm
                    Wedding package :Ultimate Pkg
                    Wedding extras (and cost charged): Welcome reception at Sugar Reef bar cost is $10pp for light apps and drinks
                    Type of ceremony:Legal
                    Coordinator: Landy
                    Number of guests: 85 confirmed so far
                    Ceremony location: Beach
                    Reception location: El Patio (private)
                    Photographer: Resort
                    Videographer: Resort
                    Review (link)
                    Photos (link)
                    Video (link)
                    Special arrangements / activities (i.e. welcome dinner, special set-up, anything that's not the norm)
                    See my review for …. (i.e. special info people can find in your review)

#590 SunBride

SunBride
                    • 1,499 posts

Posted 27 September 2008 - 01:22 PM

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by Callie
                      Hi gals, what kind of shoes did you/are you planning to wear on the big day? Is it possible to go barefoot, or is the sand/concrete from the room to the wedding site too hot or rough at DT?
                      I wore slip on sandals to walk from the room up to behind the seaside grill, then I slipped them off and left them there to walk down the "aisle" barefoot.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users