Jump to content

Photo

The new Dreams Tulum thread! (Post all DT Qs&As here)


  • Please log in to reply
5541 replies to this topic

#3571 jerzygirl85

jerzygirl85
  • Jr. Member
  • 342 posts

    Posted 30 March 2010 - 12:20 PM

    Cheri - We are having the guitarist play during our ceremony. I never gave it much thought as to how many songs he would play. I only care about the song I am walking down the aisle to.
    As for the cocktail hour, we are having the cocktail hour start around 6pm. Our ceremony is at 4pm so we are leaving enough time for us to have pictures taken before sunset and we are also planning on attending the cocktail hour.
    ~~Joanna~~

    Bride & Groom plus 36 booked!

    http://tickers.Ticke....7ca2/event.png

    #3572 jerzygirl85

    jerzygirl85
    • Jr. Member
    • 342 posts

      Posted 30 March 2010 - 12:22 PM

      Quote:
      Originally Posted by taranyc

      Thank you Joanna.

      tt
      By the way, I love your save the date!! it's so cute!
      ~~Joanna~~

      Bride & Groom plus 36 booked!

      http://tickers.Ticke....7ca2/event.png

      #3573 Cheri

      Cheri
      • Newbie
      • 110 posts

        Posted 30 March 2010 - 01:05 PM

        Quote:
        Originally Posted by jerzygirl85
        Cheri - We are having the guitarist play during our ceremony. I never gave it much thought as to how many songs he would play. I only care about the song I am walking down the aisle to.
        As for the cocktail hour, we are having the cocktail hour start around 6pm. Our ceremony is at 4pm so we are leaving enough time for us to have pictures taken before sunset and we are also planning on attending the cocktail hour.
        Thank you Jerzygirl85!! I think we're going to use the live music for the cocktail hour, but I like your idea of using it for the ceremony! I appreciate your input!

        #3574 taranyc

        taranyc
        • Jr. Member
        • 242 posts

          Posted 30 March 2010 - 04:51 PM

          Hi Cheri. Regarding wedding music, I think that I will just have something chill for the other parts leading up to me walking down the asile. :) We are going to have three different sets on our iPhone for the ceremony...mix, march, recessional. What songs are you doing? We are not that traditional, so we are doing 'Sleepwalk' by Santo & Johnny for my processional and David Lee Roth 'Just Like Paradise' for our recessional. Seriously, I am so excited about our music.

          For cocktails/reception, we are doing the same as joanna and taking the photo break in between. Our ceremony is at 4p and reception at 6:30p. My spin is that we are doing the ceremony, group photos (20 mins) and then while we do family/couple photos our guests are free to get a drink and/or go back to their rooms to freshen up.

          xo,
          tt


          ps. thank you Joanna...I love my save the dates. They are from Etsy vendor Kneeknockers.


          #3575 Cheri

          Cheri
          • Newbie
          • 110 posts

            Posted 30 March 2010 - 06:51 PM

            Quote:
            Originally Posted by taranyc
            Hi Cheri. Regarding wedding music, I think that I will just have something chill for the other parts leading up to me walking down the asile. :) We are going to have three different sets on our iPhone for the ceremony...mix, march, recessional. What songs are you doing? We are not that traditional, so we are doing 'Sleepwalk' by Santo & Johnny for my processional and David Lee Roth 'Just Like Paradise' for our recessional. Seriously, I am so excited about our music.

            For cocktails/reception, we are doing the same as joanna and taking the photo break in between. Our ceremony is at 4p and reception at 6:30p. My spin is that we are doing the ceremony, group photos (20 mins) and then while we do family/couple photos our guests are free to get a drink and/or go back to their rooms to freshen up.

            xo,
            tt


            ps. thank you Joanna...I love my save the dates. They are from Etsy vendor Kneeknockers.
            Hey Tara! We are not traditional either. As music goes here's what I'm thinking: While everyone is being seated, Over the Rainbow by IZ, Flower girl walking down to My Girl by the Temptations, my 2 ring bearers walking to the Star Wars theme music, me to Tom Petty's Here comes my girl, Chantal's Feels like home as background ceremony music and as we're exiting Jason Mraz's Lucky. What do you think? I'm pretty excited about the music too. The flower girl and ring bearers are our kiddos so it should be fun!

            #3576 taranyc

            taranyc
            • Jr. Member
            • 242 posts

              Posted 30 March 2010 - 08:53 PM

              Quote:
              Originally Posted by Cheri
              Hey Tara! We are not traditional either. As music goes here's what I'm thinking: While everyone is being seated, Over the Rainbow by IZ, Flower girl walking down to My Girl by the Temptations, my 2 ring bearers walking to the Star Wars theme music, me to Tom Petty's Here comes my girl, Chantal's Feels like home as background ceremony music and as we're exiting Jason Mraz's Lucky. What do you think? I'm pretty excited about the music too. The flower girl and ring bearers are our kiddos so it should be fun!
              Cheri,

              I love your music!!!!! How much fun is that going to be for all of your guests! The kids are going to be so cute and I love the Star Wars Theme at the beach..awesome! I was smiling just reading your post. Are you going to have a wedding favor cd with those songs and others on it?

              xoxo,
              tt


              #3577 L&A2010

              L&A2010
              • Jr. Member
              • 156 posts

                Posted 30 March 2010 - 10:27 PM

                Quote:
                Originally Posted by Cheri
                My understanding is that all rooms have showers; however, only the Dreams rooms have bathtubs. The Hacienda side is showers only. That's from my TA.
                Thanks for sharing Cheri. Who is your TA? I think we are going to have to dump our current TA and go with somebody that at least seems to know more than me - lol.

                #3578 Cheri

                Cheri
                • Newbie
                • 110 posts

                  Posted 31 March 2010 - 11:42 AM

                  Quote:
                  Originally Posted by taranyc
                  Cheri,

                  I love your music!!!!! How much fun is that going to be for all of your guests! The kids are going to be so cute and I love the Star Wars Theme at the beach..awesome! I was smiling just reading your post. Are you going to have a wedding favor cd with those songs and others on it?

                  xoxo,
                  tt
                  Thanks Tara!!! I never thought about doing a CD for guests as a favor but that's a great idea! Hmmmm...

                  #3579 northernflasher

                  northernflasher
                  • Jr. Member
                  • 499 posts

                    Posted 02 April 2010 - 04:52 PM

                    Just thought I´d let you girls know im sitting here in Dreams resort right now, one week after my wedding and im still smiling.

                    You have all picked the most amazing location for your wedding. ´
                    My day was truly the happiest of my life. I cant wait to fill you all in on my return.

                    Natalia is wonderful, you are in the very best of hands.

                    Happy planning, dont worry everything will come together just right for your special days.

                    One more whole week to go...

                    Promise a review on my return.

                    XXXX
                    Michelle X

                    PLANNING THREAD:http://bestdestinati....-thread-58694/DREAMS TULUM REVIEW: MARCH 2010:http://bestdestinati....-2010-a-59147/EXCURSIONS AND SIGHTSEEING REVIEW IN RIVIERA MAYA: MARCH 2010:http://bestdestinati...com/fo...ra-...

                    #3580 bsf&jpg

                    bsf&jpg
                    • Jr. Member
                    • 222 posts

                      Posted 02 April 2010 - 05:09 PM

                      Quote:
                      Originally Posted by Cheri
                      I have a music question. Are you girls counting on your wedding coordinator to handle the music for your ceremony? I am going to rent the speakers as that was the advice from past brides, but am not too sure how the music part plays out. I am thinking of having 6 songs total; one when everyone is being seated, one for my flower girl, one for my ring bearers, one for me walking down the isle, one as background music during the vows and one as we're exiting. How in the world is that going to work? Do I need to bring shortened versions of the songs or will the coordinator know what to do?? I' m so lost on this subject, would appreciate any input!
                      On another subject, are most of you planning on going straight into your cocktail hour or are you leaving a gap so you can get pictures without missing the cocktail hour yourselves? These last minute thoughts are creeping up and haunting me!
                      omg, i have this same exact question!
                      Who handles the music?? Not the dj. And how does that person know when I want them to fade it out, or start a new song?? OR how do I know the proper way to time it all so I can just make a cd
                      HELP!




                      0 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users