Jump to content
SunBride

The new Dreams Tulum thread! (Post all DT Qs&As here)

Recommended Posts

Love your pics LeNel!  You were a beautiful bride!!

 

Just a quick question on centrepieces.  Does anyone know if DT has any large glass ones that you can use?  Or is worth just bringing your own?  We are thinking of doing some in the middle of the tables with shells, water and floating candles.

 

 

Bride + Groom + 30 guests booked!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

LeNell thanks for sharing your pictures.  Your wedding looks beautiful!!!  I have a question...The 2 vases of flowers that were on either side of the canopy on the beach, did you have to send Landy a picture of those or was that a choice for you when you went down there?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey!

I'm booked for sure for May 3 2011.  It's coming so fast!

Can I get some opinions from the brides that did the later ceremony, the one at 5?  I'm scared we're not going to have enough time to do everything.  The reception starts at 7 I've heard.  By the time you eat dinner, do you even have time to do any dancing?  Do you still have to shut the music down at 10?

Thanks!  Any advice would be great!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Okay I know that this has been discussed before on this forum, but I just want to see if anyone can clarify this:  If you purchase the Dreams of Love or Ultimate package do you have to have the cocktail party?  Or can that just be skipped?  We are estimating to have 50+ people coming and having the cocktail party really cuts into our budget if we do the Dreams of Love or Ultimate Package.  We are leaning towards the Paradise package due to this.  Ugh decisions!! Oh and the other issue is that we wanted to hire an outside DJ for our ceremony and reception but Aurora's response seemed to say that you could not have an outside DJ for ceremony???

 

 

~Danni

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

 

Originally Posted by SaraMexicoBride View Post

 

Hey!

I'm booked for sure for May 3 2011.  It's coming so fast!

Can I get some opinions from the brides that did the later ceremony, the one at 5?  I'm scared we're not going to have enough time to do everything.  The reception starts at 7 I've heard.  By the time you eat dinner, do you even have time to do any dancing?  Do you still have to shut the music down at 10?

Thanks!  Any advice would be great!

 

Hi, I'm getting married May 6th! So I'll be there for your wedding too! I had my wedding scheduled at 5 when I first booked but then I decided to change it to 4:30 just to give a little extra time for pictures and in case which of course something is sure to not go as planned.  I'm starting dinner at 6:30 and paying for an additional hour to make sure we have plenty of time to dance.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

 

Originally Posted by vlynnw View Post

 

 

 

 

Hi, I'm getting married May 6th! So I'll be there for your wedding too! I had my wedding scheduled at 5 when I first booked but then I decided to change it to 4:30 just to give a little extra time for pictures and in case which of course something is sure to not go as planned.  I'm starting dinner at 6:30 and paying for an additional hour to make sure we have plenty of time to dance.

 

 

Hey!  Congrats!

How did you get them to move your ceremony up to 4:30?  I was under the impression that they wouldn't do that.  Because I would love to move it up to have that extra 30 mins for pics!  And do you know if it's 10 or 10:30 that the music has to be off?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My ceremony was originally scheduled for 4 p.m., and now it's at 3:30 p.m. I sent Aurora an email expressing concern because it gets dark really early in December (around 5 p.m.) and I wanted enough time for pics. She wrote back and offered the 3:30 slot. If you just ask, it shouldn't be a problem.

 

I've heard a few different starting times for the reception. From what I gather from here, it usually starts around 6:30 p.m., though Aurora had told me 6 p.m. If you get a package, only three hours is included, so 9:30 would be the end time. I am paying for an extra hour for my 45 guests, so we will go till 10:30!
 

Originally Posted by SaraMexicoBride View Post





Hey!  Congrats!

How did you get them to move your ceremony up to 4:30?  I was under the impression that they wouldn't do that.  Because I would love to move it up to have that extra 30 mins for pics!  And do you know if it's 10 or 10:30 that the music has to be off?



Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


You don't have to have a cocktail party if you have a package, even though it's included. I'm not. But just know the value of that can't be traded in for anything else. And yes, you can have an outside DJ for the ceremony. I am only having it for the reception, but I know you can have it for both.
 

Originally Posted by DanniS View Post

Okay I know that this has been discussed before on this forum, but I just want to see if anyone can clarify this:  If you purchase the Dreams of Love or Ultimate package do you have to have the cocktail party?  Or can that just be skipped?  We are estimating to have 50+ people coming and having the cocktail party really cuts into our budget if we do the Dreams of Love or Ultimate Package.  We are leaning towards the Paradise package due to this.  Ugh decisions!! Oh and the other issue is that we wanted to hire an outside DJ for our ceremony and reception but Aurora's response seemed to say that you could not have an outside DJ for ceremony???

 

 

~Danni



Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • Best Destination Wedding Sponsors



    Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter
  • Posts

    • Hello all!! I'm planning to get married next week. I'm working in an MNC and I'm gonna marry my colleague who is in my company. It's been ten months since we have started our relationship. He used to support in all my difficulties and used to help me in my work. Always he used to tell me about my smile. He says that I have a very good smile and he loves it. Recently I lost my front tooth after an accident and it resulted in a bad look for me. He told me that I lost my beautiful smile. I was totally disappointed and thought of finding a solution. I heard about dental dentures and took an appointment at a clinic in Scarborough. Will dentures affect my speech? What was your experience of getting dentures? 
    • Go for the third one. It is gorgeous and you will look stunning in that. I'm sure you will be noticed by other people. Go for it.
    • I would suggest the long one. You will look stunning in that. It is simple and elegant.
    • Both the gown are awesome and I'm sure you will look gorgeous in both. But I would suggest the first one. Go for it and Congratulations for your marriage.
    • Hello everyone,  I am still engaged, still not planning the big day, because we haven't chosen a date + we have some family stiff to do so I hope that this forum will help me a lot before the real craziness during the wedding planning period. Happy to be here
  • Topics

×