Jump to content
SunBride

The new Dreams Tulum thread! (Post all DT Qs&As here)

Recommended Posts

If the airline won't allow me to hang my dress in a closet and I end up having to fold it up and put in in a suitcase....how good is the resort at steaming out the wrinkles? Any problems?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi everyone

 

I just phoned west jet and I was told that I am NOT allowed to bring my dress on as carry-on, instead it must be placed in my checked luggage! It was to my understanding that on all westjet flights I could. The man on the phone kept on saying "no carry on baggage at all...he said any travel to the US prohibits carry on baggage even though I kept telling him I am flying direct to mexico, not stopping in the US but he still said no?!

I think I will call back tomorrow and ask to speak to the person responsible because there is no way I am risking losing my dress! That is the reason why I chose westjet and paid extra $$$.

 

Has anyone heard different for westjet??

 

 

Click the image to open in full size.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmyandRich View Post
If the airline won't allow me to hang my dress in a closet and I end up having to fold it up and put in in a suitcase....how good is the resort at steaming out the wrinkles? Any problems?
Hi Amy,

I didn't get to hang it up---if you go to the back of the plane---there is a small overhead compartment that can fit only a wedding dress in it, ask if you can go in early to get that bin. That is what i did and i had no problems. The steaming at the hotel is great---i relied on it a lot! and it was perfect.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by angruck View Post
Hi Amy,

I didn't get to hang it up---if you go to the back of the plane---there is a small overhead compartment that can fit only a wedding dress in it, ask if you can go in early to get that bin. That is what i did and i had no problems. The steaming at the hotel is great---i relied on it a lot! and it was perfect.
Thank you!!! It's good to know that if the airlines are being "difficult" then Dreams wills help fix it!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi,

 

I'm flying out with sunwing and they are fine with me doing a carry one. I checked when I heard about the restrictions. My girlfriend worked at the airport and said that you definately don't want check your dress. She recommends talking with the check in person when you get to the airport.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BellaBeachBabe View Post
Hi everyone

 

I just phoned west jet and I was told that I am NOT allowed to bring my dress on as carry-on, instead it must be placed in my checked luggage! It was to my understanding that on all westjet flights I could. The man on the phone kept on saying "no carry on baggage at all...he said any travel to the US prohibits carry on baggage even though I kept telling him I am flying direct to mexico, not stopping in the US but he still said no?!

I think I will call back tomorrow and ask to speak to the person responsible because there is no way I am risking losing my dress! That is the reason why I chose westjet and paid extra $$$.

 

Has anyone heard different for westjet??

 

 

Click the image to open in full size.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmyandRich View Post
If the airline won't allow me to hang my dress in a closet and I end up having to fold it up and put in in a suitcase....how good is the resort at steaming out the wrinkles? Any problems?
You will be fine. I didnt have my dress shop steam mine because I knew that they would do it at Dreams and it came out perfect.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by BellaBeachBabe View Post
Hi everyone

I just phoned west jet and I was told that I am NOT allowed to bring my dress on as carry-on, instead it must be placed in my checked luggage! It was to my understanding that on all westjet flights I could. The man on the phone kept on saying "no carry on baggage at all...he said any travel to the US prohibits carry on baggage even though I kept telling him I am flying direct to mexico, not stopping in the US but he still said no?!
I think I will call back tomorrow and ask to speak to the person responsible because there is no way I am risking losing my dress! That is the reason why I chose westjet and paid extra $$$.

Has anyone heard different for westjet??

I bet that person doesn't know what their talking about. I had no issues bringing my dress as carry-on with westjet (mind you that was 2 years ago and a domestic flight). I have never heard of anyone not being allowed to take their dress as carry-on with any airline. So don't worry about it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunBride View Post
I bet that person doesn't know what their talking about. I had no issues bringing my dress as carry-on with westjet (mind you that was 2 years ago and a domestic flight). I have never heard of anyone not being allowed to take their dress as carry-on with any airline. So don't worry about it.
I spoke to them again today, and was given the ok by 4 different people, the only thing they said was they would have to check it at the airport to make sure it wasn't too puffy to fit in the overhead compartment. They said they didn't have the place to hang it. Whew....

Thanks for your help!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Does anyone know if there is room to dance if your having your reception at the dolphin pool terrace, and if so should i rent a dance floor or is that pointless because there's already a hard surface to dance on?

 

Also does ayone know if you should keep all reciepts for goods that you bring down in your suitcase? Is there a max of $200?

 

Thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by angie_tx View Post
Does anyone know if there is room to dance if your having your reception at the dolphin pool terrace, and if so should i rent a dance floor or is that pointless because there's already a hard surface to dance on?

Also does ayone know if you should keep all reciepts for goods that you bring down in your suitcase? Is there a max of $200?

Thanks!
I definitely had all of my receipts just in case they asked. They didnt ask me but better safe than sorry.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×