Need Serious Advice!! :(

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#11 Debs

• VIP Member
  • 7,104 posts

Posted 21 July 2008 - 12:29 PM

Have you checked out the Dominican yet? Their prices are really reasonable. :)

#12 ochoriobride

• 489 posts

Posted 22 July 2008 - 09:04 AM

We got married in april at the riu ocho rios when we first price it in august it was 1729$ and by the mid september we got it for 1609$. I think if you wait a littlebit you could probably have a better price but at the time you still want a weddiing date.

Justin & NathalieApril 22nd 2008Riu Ocho Rios

#13 ~Melissa~

VIP Member

• VIP Member
      • 8,680 posts
      • Wedding Date:October 7, 2010
      • Wedding Location:Nuevo Vallarta, Mexico
      • LocationUtah

Posted 22 July 2008 - 09:55 AM

Well you picked a great month price wise! September I find are usually some of the best prices IMO. Like the others mentioned $1800 isn't too bad once you consider airfare and the price of gas these days. I would look into Mexico. We did PV because we felt our guests on a budget could swing it more so than going to the islands or something.

#14 Celina

• Banned
      • 2,811 posts

Posted 22 July 2008 - 10:41 AM

I agree with the others. Try the RIU hotels in PV or Cancun. Always keep in mind the cost of alcohol, food and taxi's. Those can drive up anyones budget really quick.
        "Love is not who you live with...it's who you can't live without"

#15 Jennifer Davis

Jennifer Davis
        • 582 posts

Posted 26 July 2008 - 08:28 AM

We chose Cancun because of the large amount of all inclusive hotels, the great prices, there is a lot to do, and the ride from the airport to the resorts is not unbearable.

I know someone above mentioned DR. I just went this past December and while the resorts are beautiful, the ride getting to most of them is down right awful!

#16 SunBride

• 1,499 posts

Posted 26 July 2008 - 11:03 AM

I think that's a great price for Jamaica. If your guests have traveled at all to all inclusives, they will know that that is a reasonable price for Jamaica.

That being said, since you are going during cheap season, I'm sure you could save a few hundred dollars by going to mexico or the dominican instead. Mexico is more developed and more stuff to do off the resort (well in the mayan riviera at least) but Punta Cana, DR has the best beach.

#17 sally

• 302 posts

Posted 26 July 2008 - 11:30 AM

I know just how you feel. We have been trying to organise our wedding in Jamaica and to travel from the UK is really expensive. We spent ages looking at resorts and dates and have now decided to just do what WE want and if we're the only ones there who cares.

#18 laidbackbride

• 9 posts

Posted 07 August 2008 - 01:30 PM

$1800 for 7 nights plus airfare I'm knew to this but I did a preliminary search for 7 nights at Ochos Rios for May and it was $2300, airfare not included so I think that is a good price.....just considering that it includes food, drinks and all.

I too am worried about family & friends, but I think this may be the best thing I have found so far price wise. I would LOVE Mexico, but I didn't want to ask people to travel that far either.

Anyone know how much the resorts are that are not AI? I love Tensing Pek but no one has called me or emailed me back yet so any guestimates on overall cost would be a big help. Good luck to you.

#19 lgarner83

• 530 posts

Posted 08 August 2008 - 10:39 AM

First off, thanks to everyone who responded!!

After doing some research and working with our travel agent we started looking for places in Mexico. We loved the look of Cabo and booked for just under $1400 :) We are very happy with this and feel more comfortable asking our paretns to pay that! Plus RIU Santa Fe has everything we are looking for and is just beautiful!

Thanks again!

#20 laidbackbride

• 9 posts

Posted 09 August 2008 - 11:24 AM

I know I have already said this, but I just feel like I need reassurance- That $1800 quoted from your travel agent for Jamaica included hotel & flight per guest??

Is it best to use a travel agent for this?

Congratulations on choosing your location!!!! Keep us posted!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users