Jump to content

Photo

Finding Wedding Dress Prices


  • Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 Nrvsbride

Nrvsbride
  • Sr. Member
  • 5,248 posts

    Posted 20 February 2007 - 07:53 PM

    I was wondering, does anyone know a site where they will tell you different wedding dress prices? I know a lot of girls here have given the advice that we shouldn't try on dresses that are too expensive b/c we'll end up loving them, but how did you figure out how much each dress cost? Did you just wait until you got to the bridal store, looked at the price and then put the dress back on the rack? I have seen a lot of Alvina Valenta dresses that I like but I have no idea how much they cost. HELP!!!

    -Glenda

    #2 MrsV-to-be

    MrsV-to-be
    • Member
    • 554 posts

      Posted 20 February 2007 - 08:01 PM

      What I did, was go and look on The Knot or on the Brides website, they don't tell you how much exactly, but they will give you the ball park (ie $$$ means between $1501 adn $3000)

      #3 *JillD*

      *JillD*
      • Sr. Member
      • 5,112 posts

        Posted 20 February 2007 - 08:28 PM

        I did that on the knot too, but it didn't matter because when I went in the store they picked dresses out for me, so I didn't know the prices, but I you could probably just tell them a range when you go in, so they don't bring out something too high

        #4 LCBride2007

        LCBride2007

          VIP Member

        • VIP Member
        • 24,768 posts

          Posted 20 February 2007 - 08:42 PM

          this isn't the exact same situation, but when i found the dress i liked at an "uppity" salon i got the list of stores that sell that designer (from teh designer's website). then i called around to a ton of them, in various states, and asked 1) if they sold that dress and 2) what the price was. other than like 1 or 2, they all told me what they sold the dress for.

          in the end, the salon i originally found the dress at was able to match the lowest price i found (at Macy's)

          #5 A10CalGal

          A10CalGal
          • VIP Member
          • 11,403 posts

            Posted 20 February 2007 - 08:56 PM

            Quote:
            Originally Posted by jilly76
            I did that on the knot too, but it didn't matter because when I went in the store they picked dresses out for me, so I didn't know the prices, but I you could probably just tell them a range when you go in, so they don't bring out something too high
            VERY GOOD POINT! Definitely go to the bridal salon prepared with your price range - tell them right in the begining that you only want gowns in that price range, other wise you will find yourself in a pickle! I also highly recommend getting your thoughts together on the type of gown you want before going in - this will help your sales lady pull a more focused selection of gowns to try.

            Think about: neckline, train length, material, poofy-ness...

            #6 destinationbride07

            destinationbride07
            • Member
            • 631 posts

              Posted 20 February 2007 - 09:19 PM

              the knot is a good start or check best bridal prices they may have the price listed...or just call a bridal shop..

              #7 gkashmira

              gkashmira
              • Sr. Member
              • 1,962 posts

                Posted 20 February 2007 - 09:46 PM

                The knot is my recommendation as well.

                Alvina Valenta will not be super cheap - the first dress I bought was one of her's and it was a little less than $3k and that one was a discontinued sample (I ended up not buying it but alas - the dresses are pricy).
                Kashmira & Dan
                Happily married since June 16, 2007
                http://i95.photobuck....a/IMG_0769.jpg
                Our mini-video: http://www.bajavideo...m/Kash_Dan.html
                Photo slideshow: http://www.tomasbarron.com/recent.php

                #8 loretuke

                loretuke
                • Newbie
                • 131 posts

                  Posted 20 February 2007 - 10:11 PM

                  Quote:
                  Originally Posted by gkashmira
                  The knot is my recommendation as well.

                  Alvina Valenta will not be super cheap - the first dress I bought was one of her's and it was a little less than $3k and that one was a discontinued sample (I ended up not buying it but alas - the dresses are pricy).
                  Yes, I remember trying Alvina Valenta dress and it was over 3K. And the dress was just okay... Here are some websites that tells you prices (not all of them have pictures, so you'll have to know the style number):

                  VAL Collections - Wedding Dress, Bridal Gown
                  (pronovias, maggie sottero)

                  Wedding Dresses by Alvina Valenta | Brides.com (shows price range in $$$ next to each gown)

                  Wedding Dresses :: House of Brides



                  #9 Nrvsbride

                  Nrvsbride
                  • Sr. Member
                  • 5,248 posts

                    Posted 21 February 2007 - 04:56 PM

                    Thank you so much girls. I am getting legally/religiously married in NY before I go to Cabo so I want to wear a different dress to that then the one I wear in Cabo. I wanted to buy an Alvina Valenta bridesmaid dress for the church wedding and then get something different for Cabo. But I have no idea how much they cost so I wanted to get an estimate. Thank you for all your help!

                    -Glenda

                    #10 anaderoux

                    anaderoux
                    • Sr. Member
                    • 3,220 posts

                      Posted 21 February 2007 - 05:52 PM

                      Quote:
                      Originally Posted by Nrvsbride
                      Thank you so much girls. I am getting legally/religiously married in NY before I go to Cabo so I want to wear a different dress to that then the one I wear in Cabo. I wanted to buy an Alvina Valenta bridesmaid dress for the church wedding and then get something different for Cabo. But I have no idea how much they cost so I wanted to get an estimate. Thank you for all your help!

                      -Glenda
                      Glenda what I did was email bridal shops to ask for prices.. some will tell you, some won't but I sent LOTS of e-mails.. that's why I decided to have my dress made.. the ones that answered told me it was $5,000




                      0 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users