Jump to content

Photo

Different Guestbook Help Needed Please!!


  • Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 Mrs D To Be!

Mrs D To Be!
  • Sr. Member
  • 1,634 posts

    Posted 17 July 2008 - 04:29 PM

    Hey girlies

    I'm sure I got this idea from this website...to get some sort of whiteboard, get everyone to write a message on it, and take there picture of them holding the message up....like below....

    Click the image to open in full size.

    can anyone tell me what kind of board is best to use? I was thinking an etchasketch, but the one in this photo looks like some sort of whiteboard...if anyone has any ideas where to get it from it would be really helpful!! :)

    xxxxxxxx

    #2 Davematthews16

    Davematthews16
    • Banned
    • 1,051 posts

      Posted 17 July 2008 - 04:32 PM

      It looks like a hard poster board almost. I bet you could go to wal-mart and your local craft store and see what you like best. That's a very cute idea! We are using a starfish platter for everyone to sign with paint markers as our guest book! :)

      #3 1elephant

      1elephant
      • VIP Member
      • 15,998 posts

        Posted 17 July 2008 - 04:36 PM

        i remember reading something about this...i think it was just a 9 x 11 (or so) wipe off board from target or staples. you could also find some nice, light colored craft paper, but if you'll have black and white pics, i guess it doesn't matter.

        #4 Maura

        Maura

          VIP Member

        • VIP Member
        • 5,752 posts
        • Wedding Location:Westin Los Cabos

        Posted 17 July 2008 - 04:37 PM

        our moderator amyh just did this for her wedding a few weeks ago.

        it turned out great. look for her planning thread for details. it's called something like amyh's planning galore

        #5 Mrs D To Be!

        Mrs D To Be!
        • Sr. Member
        • 1,634 posts

          Posted 17 July 2008 - 04:39 PM

          Quote:
          Originally Posted by Davematthews16
          It looks like a hard poster board almost. I bet you could go to wal-mart and your local craft store and see what you like best. That's a very cute idea! We are using a starfish platter for everyone to sign with paint markers as our guest book! :)
          I do really really like the idea of getting everyone to sign the plate then baking it...but I just don't trust us enough to be able to travel all that way and back with it in one piece!! :)

          #6 Mrs D To Be!

          Mrs D To Be!
          • Sr. Member
          • 1,634 posts

            Posted 17 July 2008 - 04:41 PM

            Quote:
            Originally Posted by *lauren*
            i remember reading something about this...i think it was just a 9 x 11 (or so) wipe off board from target or staples. you could also find some nice, light colored craft paper, but if you'll have black and white pics, i guess it doesn't matter.
            yeah i defo want to do it black and white...going to have to try source a whiteboard...

            #7 1elephant

            1elephant
            • VIP Member
            • 15,998 posts

              Posted 17 July 2008 - 04:41 PM

              my mil did this for my shower, but cheaped out and bought "shapley" markers instead of sharpies. everyone's fingers smudged all of the writing - which was actually ok b/c i didn't want it to begin w/. so note to you: use sharpies or the markers it comes w/!

              my assumption is that it comes in a box, so bringing it down there wouldn't be a problem, and you can just wrap it really well in your carryon for the way home.

              #8 Mrs D To Be!

              Mrs D To Be!
              • Sr. Member
              • 1,634 posts

                Posted 17 July 2008 - 04:42 PM

                Quote:
                Originally Posted by Maura
                our moderator amyh just did this for her wedding a few weeks ago.

                it turned out great. look for her planning thread for details. it's called something like amyh's planning galore
                oooh thank you thank you THANK YOU...off to search for it now!

                #9 StephanieBriskey@charter.

                StephanieBriskey@charter.
                • Newbie
                • 38 posts

                  Posted 17 July 2008 - 04:43 PM

                  What an awesome idea! That's a dry erase board. You can get it at any office supply store, or even Target or WalMart. Usually comes with a pen or two, but I would buy extras in case the pens dry up or disappear. They wipe clean with an eraser or paper towel. Obviously, you would just wipe it clean between guests. (Don't use sharpies on this type of board, as sharpies are permanent and the next person wouldn't be able to use it.) :-)

                  #10 NewOrleansbride

                  NewOrleansbride
                  • Jr. Member
                  • 358 posts

                    Posted 17 July 2008 - 05:55 PM

                    I saw this when Amyh posted it and I told her that I'm totally stealing it- I think it's a great idea! I got a photo guest book so our guests can put their picture in your book and write a longer note to us if they want to.

                    I got the poloroid camera and film, but I may decide to just use a digital camera and bring a portable printer with me because I want to be able to save the photos.

                    Click the image to open in full size.
                    -Rachel




                    0 user(s) are reading this topic

                    0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users