121 replies to this topic

#21 Maura

Maura

VIP Member

• VIP Member
  • 5,752 posts
  • Wedding Location:Westin Los Cabos

Posted 17 July 2008 - 09:07 AM

jenny, i was wondering what the dimensions are of your passport invitations (they are super cute by the way) and if you used a template from the forum to do them. how did you print them, at home or someplace like kinkos? and how did you make the little holes for attaching the ribbon?

#22 KHarrod

KHarrod
  • 902 posts

Posted 17 July 2008 - 09:13 AM

OMG, they look fantastic and very professional!!!!!!!!!

#23 Jen_S

Jen_S
    • 3,737 posts

Posted 17 July 2008 - 09:21 AM

They came out great!!!
      Our Honeymoon In Ireland!!

#24 anaderoux

anaderoux
      • 3,220 posts

Posted 17 July 2008 - 09:34 AM

Great job Jenny! I love the colors you used!

#25 Celina

Celina
        • Banned
        • 2,811 posts

Posted 17 July 2008 - 09:38 AM

Jenny! Those are SO CUTE! I LOVE the map. Those came out great! Good job!!
          "Love is not who you live with...it's who you can't live without"

#26 hanna

hanna
          • 223 posts

Posted 17 July 2008 - 09:39 AM

Super cute! I was thinking about doing something similar but scared of getting myself into a huge DIY by myself.. I love paperandmore.com I just ordered paper there for our invites. Your passports are beautiful, you have inspired me to get cracking on mine!!!

#27 JennyK

JennyK
            • 3,502 posts

Posted 17 July 2008 - 09:41 AM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by Maura
              jenny, i was wondering what the dimensions are of your passport invitations (they are super cute by the way) and if you used a template from the forum to do them. how did you print them, at home or someplace like kinkos? and how did you make the little holes for attaching the ribbon?
              I did use the same size as Becks' (5"Hx7"W) although I deleted everything and started from scratch with a blank template.

I printed everything at home. I had extra steps since my cover was dark pink & my printer doesn't print doublesided. If I was to print on the pink, nothing would show up unless it was black - so for this I had to print on my white paper and glue my inside front & back covers to the pink. The inside pages (Invitation wording, Passport Info, Accommodations, & Stamps with Cancun facts) were also glued together to look doublesided. This wasn't too hard since they're the same size. I had little trimming to do. Originally, I stapled the first 2.. I hated the way it looked and I just couldn't get the staples straight. So I decided to make 2 holes instead and put a ribbon through to hold the pages together. Believe it or not, I just happened to have one of my FI's tools on my desk that was PERFECT to make holes. If you want something specific, this is good: A.C. Moore - Tim Holtz Retractable Craft Pick- I loved it - it gave my invites a nice lil kick to them with the silver.

#28 Jenn3878

Jenn3878
              • 5,681 posts

Posted 17 July 2008 - 10:21 AM

OMG WOW they look great!

#29 angela1184

angela1184
                • 104 posts

Posted 17 July 2008 - 10:37 AM

Jenny they look AMAZING!!! your guests are goign to love them....i have never seen anything like them-they are so full of content and look professional. if i were one of your guests id be showing this around FOR SURE.

GREAT JOB!!!!!!!!

#30 tchuchuca

tchuchuca
                  • 361 posts

Posted 17 July 2008 - 10:46 AM

They look AWESOME! Great job!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users