• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#1 stacey

stacey

VIP Member

• VIP Member
  • 4,853 posts

Posted 16 July 2008 - 09:11 PM

My FI quite possible has the worst memory. My B-day is Friday August 22nd. We had been talking for a long time about making that our legal day and then going to San Francisco to my favorite resturaunt Butterfly, and then possible to a show. And we would obviously stay the night becuase it is an hour a way and we like to drink with dinner!

Yesterday FI tells me that he has planned for all his boys to come into town to go shopping for there wedding attire and then they would have a boys weekend.

So tonight I tell him that my feelings were hurt because he forgot all about my B-day and planned this whole boy weekend thing. Then he tells me he is sorry, but I should have put it on our calendar like its my fucking fault. UGGGGhhhh men,
    Stacey & Ely 10.14.2008

#2 aimee!

aimee!
    • 696 posts

Posted 16 July 2008 - 09:28 PM

omg. what a bummer!! you'll have to let him know that he has some serious making up to do.

i don't know what "put it on our calendar" means for you... but i was tired of dealing with this same sort of thing, so i went to target and got a $15 white board that fixed the problem! it has 3 different sections: calendar space- where you write in the date & any planned activities, blank white board space for notes, and a corkboard section to tack on important papers. PLUS- the whole things magnetic. it's hanging right next to the front door & is wonderful!!

maybe something like this will help you keep your plans.

best of luck!
      Wedding & TTD Slideshow (by Sascha Gluck)

#3 1elephant

1elephant
      • VIP Member
      • 15,998 posts

Posted 16 July 2008 - 09:32 PM

i'd make him plan everything now. tell him your expectations and have him make it up to you by planning legal day, picking a super nice restaurant and booking the hotel.
        boys stink sometimes...

#4 Mandy

Mandy
        • 514 posts

Posted 16 July 2008 - 09:39 PM

So sorry! You shouldn't have to put your birthday on the calender!!

#5 Betsy

Betsy

VIP Member

• VIP Member
          • 4,513 posts

Posted 16 July 2008 - 09:54 PM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by lauren c.
            i'd make him plan everything now. tell him your expectations and have him make it up to you by planning legal day, picking a super nice restaurant and booking the hotel.
            boys stink sometimes...
            My thoughts exactly! Can't he do that another weekend! Seriously!

#6 Kat81

Kat81
            • VIP Member
            • 7,615 posts

Posted 16 July 2008 - 10:05 PM

That is BS I am mad for you!!! You shouldn't have to put your bday on the calendar!! That sucks!

#7 Yari

Yari
              • VIP Member
              • 10,928 posts

Posted 17 July 2008 - 12:40 AM

I am mad for you too, sorry.

#8 tvt

tvt
                • VIP Member
                • 4,812 posts

Posted 17 July 2008 - 12:43 AM

oh man that sucks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! he definitely has some making up to do. those were big plans that he forgot about.

however, i've heard from most married women, that it doesn't change. they will continue to forget and forget and forget...

#9 Lvenok

Lvenok
                  • Banned
                  • 35 posts

Posted 17 July 2008 - 01:05 AM

So sorry. I feel your pain. The girls are right he has a lot of making up to do.

#10 Agape Gems

Agape Gems
                    • 1,260 posts

Posted 17 July 2008 - 01:13 AM

OMG I sooooooooooooo feel your pain. My DH tells me to email him things so he can put me in his outlook calendar. GRRRRR "If its not in my calendar it doesn't exist" Those words have started many tiffs!
                      He is gonna have to go way above and beyond to make up for this. And why can't he reschedule his plans with the boys? Helllo wifey comes 1st!
                      See our professional weddings photos http://bestdestinati...om/forum/t21339

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users