Photo

Is it bad luck to tell anyone that youre pregnant....

• Please log in to reply
71 replies to this topic

#51 Hartyt509

Hartyt509
  • 2,262 posts

Posted 17 July 2008 - 06:50 AM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by BarefootBride
    OMG!!! I might have been pregnant when I got drunk and fell down at the bar during my bachelor party!!! OH CRAP!!!!!!!!!!!
    God don't worry about that baby has plenty padding when its that size lol you think how many people do a hell of a lot worse things and have perfectly healthy babies - you'll be fine.

Shit just thought you are in the UK I swear it better not be catching lmao

#52 ErinB

ErinB

VIP Member

• VIP Member
    • 9,504 posts

Posted 17 July 2008 - 08:28 AM

Wow! Congratulations! Your hubby will be SO excited! I love the idea of telling him on his birthday. I think you should wrap up a bib or onesie or something that says "I love daddy" and have him open his birthday gift! In my head that is how I want to tell my husband when I get pregnant.

I was really sick last night with all kinds of tummy trouble. He looked at me with this lopsided grin and said "are you pregnant?!?" NO I'M NOT!

Lizz--Congrats to you and Mike too! I had no idea! Did you forget to post?

#53 hollisandsteph

hollisandsteph
      • 419 posts

Posted 17 July 2008 - 10:17 AM

Whooohooo congrats! Babies are even better when they are not expected! Things always happen for a reason.
        I have a funny stories about drinking (and such) before finding out you are pregnant. I was 20 years old and in college when I got pregnant with my first child. I drank often and lets just say I also occasionally enjoyed one of Jamica's favorite pasttime activities...lol Well, I go and tell my OB/GYN cause it scared the hell out of me. Well, my OB looks at me and says "honey, that is how we all get pregnant now isn't it". I will never forget it. I about died. She was not worried at all! My son is now an extremly smart 11 year old! I think it was the brain development in the first month...lol

#54 DreaW

DreaW
        • Banned
        • 2,462 posts

Posted 17 July 2008 - 10:24 AM

congratulations :)

#55 TA Lindsay

TA Lindsay
          • 413 posts

Posted 17 July 2008 - 10:31 AM

Congratulations!!!!

Lindsay

#56 EricaG

EricaG
            • 1,915 posts

Posted 17 July 2008 - 07:37 PM

Congrats!!!
              It only took one try to get pregnant with our son which he will forever be able to say he was made in Cuba with Canadian products! LMAO. I found out 11 days later when my daughter rubbed up against my chest and it didn't feel very good! (Breast tenderness is the first sign I got with both pregnancies). I took the test and it was positive, then I called FI to tell him before getting ready for work. When I was at work, I was walking through the ER and one of our Dr's was pregnant at the time and she asked me if I was pregnant. WTF?!?! What was I supposed to say? I told her I was and she asked how far along I was, I told her I found out a few hours ago. Then the next day we had to call my parents who were in Mexico on holidays to tell them before they got back and heard it through the grapevine!LOL
              http://i141.photobuc....DSC_0038-1.jpghttp://i141.photobuc....DSC_0463-1.jpg
              My wedding review of the Grand Palladium Palace, Punta Cana, Dominican Republic
              http://bestdestinati...om/forum/t35125

Our Professional Wedding and TTD Pictures by Photo Souvenirhttp:...

#57 BarefootBride

BarefootBride
              • 1,266 posts

Posted 17 July 2008 - 07:54 PM

Congrats Lizz!!!

Quote:
                Originally Posted by ErinB
                I think you should wrap up a bib or onesie or something that says "I love daddy" and have him open his birthday gift! In my head that is how I want to tell my husband when I get pregnant.

I was really sick last night with all kinds of tummy trouble. He looked at me with this lopsided grin and said "are you pregnant?!?" NO I'M NOT!
                I was thinking of that. Will go shopping tomorrow. And FI Always likes to assume Im pregnant too!

Quote:
                Originally Posted by ethrondson
                Congrats!!!
                It only took one try to get pregnant with our son which he will forever be able to say he was made in Cuba with Canadian products! LMAO. I found out 11 days later when my daughter rubbed up against my chest and it didn't feel very good! (Breast tenderness is the first sign I got with both pregnancies). I took the test and it was positive, then I called FI to tell him before getting ready for work. When I was at work, I was walking through the ER and one of our Dr's was pregnant at the time and she asked me if I was pregnant. WTF?!?! What was I supposed to say? I told her I was and she asked how far along I was, I told her I found out a few hours ago. Then the next day we had to call my parents who were in Mexico on holidays to tell them before they got back and heard it through the grapevine!LOL
                WTF
                Whooohooo congrats! Babies are even better when they are not expected! Things always happen for a reason.
                I have a funny stories about drinking (and such) before finding out you are pregnant. I was 20 years old and in college when I got pregnant with my first child. I drank often and lets just say I also occasionally enjoyed one of Jamica's favorite pasttime activities...lol Well, I go and tell my OB/GYN cause it scared the hell out of me. Well, my OB looks at me and says "honey, that is how we all get pregnant now isn't it". I will never forget it. I about died. She was not worried at all! My son is now an extremly smart 11 year old! I think it was the brain development in the first month...lol
                Now that is hillarious!!!

#58 jajajaja

jajajaja
                • VIP Member
                • 9,794 posts

Posted 18 July 2008 - 01:40 PM

Congrats. I wouldn't be able to keep something in like that. I know I would be a mess of mixed emotions. It will be a cute little secret for you and your hubby to share during the wedding festivities/honeymoon. :)
                  Happily married since 2008

#59 CTHawaii14

CTHawaii14
                  • 488 posts

Posted 18 July 2008 - 07:28 PM

Congrats! That is so exciting.

#60 -Kate-

-Kate-
                    • VIP Member
                    • 7,676 posts

Posted 18 July 2008 - 09:04 PM

Congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!