Sign in to follow this  
anaderoux

Painting parasols?

Just a couple of ideas:

Use spray paint and just do it in layers

Latex paint can be used as well, I think you must apply with a sponge applicator

The color on the very tip of the umbrella may not take as well. So just in case, wrap a piece of fabric over it in the same color.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPMO View Post
Just a couple of ideas:

Use spray paint and just do it in layers
Latex paint can be used as well, I think you must apply with a sponge applicator

The color on the very tip of the umbrella may not take as well. So just in case, wrap a piece of fabric over it in the same color.
Thanks Jenetta!!! You're always soooo helpful!!!! smile159.gif

Anny I was also going to tell you to spray paint. It's practically failproof so you won't ruin them. Also you could use a stencil and spraypaint if you just wanted a couple of designs instead of the entire color.

I'm thinking about parasols as well. The only question I have on the Oriental Trading ones is the size. It says they're 22", all of the other sites it seems to be 28" - 32". I don't know much about parasols, so I was wondering if the 22" would be large enough.

I think they would look really nice painted. I'm not very artsy, but I'm sure it can be done if a light coat is used.

Thanx Glenda, I thought I would ruin them with spray paint.. hope I don't!! hehehe

And I don't know if the size will be big enough... maybe I'll just order a dozen and see how they turn out..

Quote:
Originally Posted by destinationbride07 View Post
Hi Ana...did you order the parasols from asianideas? if so how are they? I may order them in white
I haven't ordered them yet.. I still have to check my budget.. but I'll post them when I get them!!

I think I'm going to get the paint your own (since they seem to be the cheapest) from an arts and crafts store and personalize them somehow. Maybe use calligraphy to make "mother of the bride" "mother of the groom", etc on them in our wedding colors.

Of course, that's pretty ambitious, but I DO have a week of vacation coming up!

Another cute idea that I missed the first time around. With all these ideas, I'm going to need a dozen suitcases to hall everything down :)