Photo

RIU RM Palace Brides??

• Please log in to reply
4120 replies to this topic

#3291 SeeFlowers

SeeFlowers
  • 212 posts

Posted 05 January 2011 - 06:10 PM

This is my first posting...although I've been following for months! I just have to thank all members that post their reviews. Great information and it puts my mind at ease! My wedding is on April 29, 2011 and I'm soooooooooo excited. Thanks again everyone!

Riu Palace Riviera Maya- April 29,2011

#3292 vlvetter7

vlvetter7
    • 293 posts

Posted 06 January 2011 - 08:56 AM

Welcome to the forum! You're right, this forum is amazing. My fiance used to make fun of me for my "online friends" until he figured out how helpful this really is! He's always asking questions now and asking for updates/review... :-)

#3293 Nicyx

Nicyx
      • 2,914 posts

Posted 06 January 2011 - 11:23 AM

Originally Posted by SeeFlowers 

This is my first posting...although I've been following for months! I just have to thank all members that post their reviews. Great information and it puts my mind at ease! My wedding is on April 29, 2011 and I'm soooooooooo excited. Thanks again everyone!

Welcome, and congrats.... Not long for you now then :-) x

Originally Posted by vlvetter7 

Welcome to the forum! You're right, this forum is amazing. My fiance used to make fun of me for my "online friends" until he figured out how helpful this really is! He's always asking questions now and asking for updates/review... :-)

Haha.. Me2, Stephen always said i spent too much time online with my "online friends" too and just like your FI, he soon changed his mind :-)

I dont think i would have got through the last 12 months without you guys, and i cant believe ive been on BDW now for that long :-) x

#3294 vlvetter7

vlvetter7
        • 293 posts

Posted 06 January 2011 - 12:48 PM

You're so good with keeping up with everyone Nic! I check in all the time but never seem to have a ton to say or just not enough time to forumulate a proper response...

I've been trying to make lists of things I still need to do and I feel like there's a ton all of a sudden. I need to figure out bridesmaid and groomsmen gifts, OOT bags, ceremony details (songs, etc), a dress for my legal ceremony (hopefully I can wear the same dress for our welcome dinner at RPRM), groomsmen shirt (thinking this one http://www.islandtrends.com/robert-graham-python-sport-shirt-11850)...the list could probably go on.  We're in the middle of a huge home renovation project as well - nothing like some stress!!

#3295 vlvetter7

vlvetter7
          • 293 posts

Posted 06 January 2011 - 12:56 PM

Does anyone have any information about Tulum? I've heard it's amazing and we have to go there?

#3296 dana

dana
            • 285 posts

Posted 06 January 2011 - 03:25 PM

Virginia- We went to Tulum, it's very pretty. You can take a bus trip there and it is only about an hour away. We did the Tulum Extreme which includes going to Tulum, then you leave there and go zip lining and repelling. It was an all day excursion. They also have trips that only go to Tulum and that is a half day trip...a couple of our guests did that.

I got a few pictures back from Ivan Luckie, he did our TTD the next day. Here's the link....

http://blog.luckieph...nd-anell-banos/

#3297 vlvetter7

vlvetter7
              • 293 posts

Posted 07 January 2011 - 06:45 AM

Dana

Those pictures were so fun. Did your dress get ruined? I'm planning to do a TTD the day after the wedding but I can't decide if I need to get a second dress for it? 

Also, can we just book the trips to Tulum right at the hotel? Was it expensive?

Also, does anyone know if there is basic shopping close to the resort?

#3298 DreamingofSunshine

DreamingofSunshine
                • 35 posts

Posted 07 January 2011 - 10:05 AM

vlvetter 7

You can take a 5min cab ride and go shopping on 5th ave. i believe they pretty much have everything you need there

me and my family/friends stayed in Tulum for about 4 days before we went to the RIU. it was awesome. hands down one of my favorite beaches in the WORLD. yes i said it. we stayed at cabanas tulum. while its not an all inclusive or super lux. resort it had everything we needed for a great price. whats really great about the place was the customer service and the beach in front of the resort.... to die for. me and my friend are planning to go back later this year....you could rent a car and drive to tulum yourself -- its about an hour down the only highway there.  SO NICE.. highly recommend it!

#3299 vlvetter7

vlvetter7
                  • 293 posts

Posted 07 January 2011 - 12:14 PM

Thanks Dreaming of Sunshine.

Well it's official, all of our rooms on our room block are booked. Nothing else to worry about!

#3300 Nicyx

Nicyx
                    • 2,914 posts

Posted 07 January 2011 - 12:21 PM

Originally Posted by vlvetter7 

You're so good with keeping up with everyone Nic! I check in all the time but never seem to have a ton to say or just not enough time to forumulate a proper response...

I've been trying to make lists of things I still need to do and I feel like there's a ton all of a sudden. I need to figure out bridesmaid and groomsmen gifts, OOT bags, ceremony details (songs, etc), a dress for my legal ceremony (hopefully I can wear the same dress for our welcome dinner at RPRM), groomsmen shirt (thinking this one

Virginia- We went to Tulum, it's very pretty. You can take a bus trip there and it is only about an hour away. We did the Tulum Extreme which includes going to Tulum, then you leave there and go zip lining and repelling. It was an all day excursion. They also have trips that only go to Tulum and that is a half day trip...a couple of our guests did that.

I got a few pictures back from Ivan Luckie, he did our TTD the next day. Here's the link....

http://blog.luckieph...nd-anell-banos/

Love the pix :-) Great x Thanks for the info on Tulum as we wouldnt mind taking a trip ourselves x

Originally Posted by DreamingofSunshine 

vlvetter 7

You can take a 5min cab ride and go shopping on 5th ave. i believe they pretty much have everything you need there

me and my family/friends stayed in Tulum for about 4 days before we went to the RIU. it was awesome. hands down one of my favorite beaches in the WORLD. yes i said it. we stayed at cabanas tulum. while its not an all inclusive or super lux. resort it had everything we needed for a great price. whats really great about the place was the customer service and the beach in front of the resort.... to die for. me and my friend are planning to go back later this year....you could rent a car and drive to tulum yourself -- its about an hour down the only highway there.  SO NICE.. highly recommend it!

Thanks for your info too, good to know 5th ave is only 5 mins or so away :-) x

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users