Photo

RIU RM Palace Brides??

• Please log in to reply
4120 replies to this topic

#1851 KLaBate54

KLaBate54
  • 438 posts

Posted 04 February 2010 - 01:05 AM

Jen- I just got to look at your dress pics! They both look great, but I absolutely LOVE the 2nd one!

And as for my non-RSVP'd showers guests, I'm just assuming they're not coming. I have JUST enough favors, so if someone happens to show up I would have to take one from the bridal party, lol!

Thanks Shelk! I can't wait for Sunday! And Only 3 more sleeps to go for you...but idk how you're even sleeping!!! I would be WAY too excited to sleep!
    *Katie*

#1852 jetsbride

jetsbride
    • 794 posts

Posted 04 February 2010 - 12:41 PM

shellk - I am not too sure about the iron. We never used it but I am sure they are there. I never really trust hotel irons though as I have seen peoples clothes get ruined by too many. I am sure you could pay to have your clothes pressed though by the hotel. Sorry I couldn't be help on this topic. :)

#1853 jetsbride

jetsbride
      • 794 posts

Posted 04 February 2010 - 12:41 PM

shellk - I am not too sure about the iron. We never used it but I am sure they are there. I never really trust hotel irons though as I have seen peoples clothes get ruined by too many. I am sure you could pay to have your clothes pressed though by the hotel. Sorry I couldn't be help on this topic. :)

#1854 Paige2010

Paige2010
        • 208 posts

Posted 04 February 2010 - 01:38 PM

Jen - Since the dresses give off two very different looks I think you need to decide what you want your fiance/guests to think when they first see you...I think # 2 has more of a "WOW" factor, and # 1 more of a beautiful/soft elegance factor- if that makes sense. When I was looking at # 1 I thought it was beautiful and def could't get any better- but then I scrolled down and saw # 2 and was literally like- WOW thats stunning! So my choice for you is # 2 :) but you cant go wrong either way

#1855 JNagan2011

JNagan2011
          • 451 posts

Posted 04 February 2010 - 04:34 PM

Thanks Paige, I know I am trying to picture which one will wow my FI more... I am kind of a sweatpant, jeans and t-shirt kind of girl, so I think both will make him smile when he sees me! :).. But think I am going to try them on one last time this weekend with my grandma in town.

#1856 shellk

shellk
            • 1,784 posts

Posted 04 February 2010 - 06:07 PM

katie,no prob hope you have a great time.i am soo surprised i am still sleeping but ive been soo busy with work im dead at night.but i feel really excited today so i dont think i will sleep much the next few days.

lisa,no prob its not important is it lol.

well my last day at work tomorrow then family round for party/send off then sat am we,re out of here.im so pumped today the excitement has finally got me thank god.

keep the good work up ladies and i will check in sat am b4 i leave.

#1857 shellk

shellk
              • 1,784 posts

Posted 04 February 2010 - 06:07 PM

katie,no prob hope you have a great time.i am soo surprised i am still sleeping but ive been soo busy with work im dead at night.but i feel really excited today so i dont think i will sleep much the next few days.

lisa,no prob its not important is it lol.

well my last day at work tomorrow then family round for party/send off then sat am we,re out of here.im so pumped today the excitement has finally got me thank god.

keep the good work up ladies and i will check in sat am b4 i leave.

#1858 *Linds*

*Linds*
                • 5,776 posts

Posted 04 February 2010 - 09:21 PM

Shellk- I can't believe you are about to leave!!!!!!!! So exciting!
                  Loving married life! <3

#1859 MrsMarch4

MrsMarch4
                  • 43 posts

Posted 05 February 2010 - 01:54 AM

Hi Ladies,
                    I'm not sure if this has been mentioned in the 180+ pages in this thread yet, but I thought it would be worth mentioning: If you have more then 60 guests you can only have your reception at Chilis.

Ael sent me an email today saying that BotaFogo has a maximum capacity of 60 with no dancing area, and so I can only have the reception at Chilis at the 2nd seating or have a private reception dinner for $1900. The private reception is buffet style but for $25 per person they will do table services (I am guess the $25pp is in addition to the $1900).

She sent a picture of Chilis (which I would post if I knew how), and it's very pretty. I know no matter where my reception is, its going to be amazing but I wanted to let you know in case any of you who are having a larger wedding had your heart set Bota.
                    -Alexis

#1860 KimmyG

KimmyG
                    • 520 posts

Posted 05 February 2010 - 03:14 AM

Hey everybody!
                      I finally got my 2-month email from Riu, that was super exciting :) After talking with all you girls there were no surprises, which was nice. For the married girls- did you actually track down confirmation numbers for all your guests? I might try to just gives dates booked, if I can get away with that.

For my 50% nonresponders... I spoke to a bunch of them (email/phone) to confirm their plans. Those who had verbally declined in the past I documented that officially in my spreadsheet (haha). There's still a few drifters out there as well as a few "MAYBE's"- those are the worst! Give me a YES or a NO already, you had enough time to get your business in order so make up your mind already!!! About 5 single girls are really holding up my numbers (i hope they come!). Until I have a firm head count I don't want to make welcome-bag purchases yet.

This weekend I want to put together a pre-travel brochure with info on RPRM, travel, Riviera Maya, etc. Anyone have a template they'd like to share? It sounds like a daunting task to start from scratch. So much more on my to-do list. Gah!

ShellK- YOU'RE UP, CHICA!!! Very excited for you!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users