Photo

Freaking out about my BM's dresses!

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#1 teacherbride

teacherbride
  • 354 posts

Posted 09 July 2008 - 01:53 PM

Okay, so these dresses have been a disaster from the start! My sister has a difficult time finding dresses that fit her body well. She is large in the hips. However I took this into consideration when I ordered the J Crew dresses. Now that they're here they all need alterations and my sister HATES her dress. I still think they would be god once they're altered.
    Also, my FI said he wished I had ordered brown dresses. I had thought of brown and they would work great with the flowers I've already ordered.

Anyway, I can still order these adorable brown dresses from Davids Bridal. The only problem is that the closest DB is 4 hours from my house. One of my BM has tried it on already, another one is heading to the states this weekend. But my sister is not able to get to a store for a while.

In the photos my sister is the girl beside me on the left. * Note the dresses are pinned up like crazy in this photo. What do you think, would the brown dresses work? Are the worth starting over for?

Here are the dresses we already have.
    Click the image to open in full size.

Here is the Davids Bridal dress.

#2 Hartyt509

Hartyt509
    • 2,262 posts

Posted 09 July 2008 - 01:55 PM

its a lovely dress but might not fit your sister right if she is a bit hippy - think you've got to be super skinney, unlike me, for that shape really

There again I know nowt lol

#3 DanielleNDerek

DanielleNDerek
      • VIP Member
      • 18,452 posts

Posted 09 July 2008 - 01:59 PM

i like the chocolate one from davids better. Can you return the other and get all your money back?

Since your sis is the one having the dress issues i would make sure she tried the one on at davids before you have the other girls order it. Your sis can't get to the store any sooner.

Have you thought about just telling them to get chocolate brown dresses and then letting them pick the style. This way your sis can find one she's comfortable with.
        ***Married November 6, 2008***Gavin Born February 28th, 2010***
        Paradisus Palma Real Wedding Review
        Our Professional Wedding Pictures on Snapfish

#4 Yari

Yari
        • VIP Member
        • 10,928 posts

Posted 09 July 2008 - 02:00 PM

I really like the brown dress! I say start over, you have some time since your wedding is in Jan.

#5 jajajaja

jajajaja
          • VIP Member
          • 9,794 posts

Posted 09 July 2008 - 02:04 PM

Yikes. Wedding dilemmas! I like the chocolate one SO much better. I think it would fit all of them much better and create a nice silhouette so even your sister would be comfortable.

I don't think your girls look bad in their dresses, but in my opinion, they look a little matronly. I think the brown would be more fun and elegant.

DB bangs out their stuff quick. Do you know how late you have to order the dresses if you were to change.

Also, you look super cute in your dress. It fits you beautifully! :)
            Happily married since 2008

#6 KellyandMatt08

KellyandMatt08
            • 490 posts

Posted 09 July 2008 - 02:06 PM

I really like the brown dress!

#7 Bride010101

Bride010101
              • 1,547 posts

Posted 09 July 2008 - 02:06 PM

Ooh... I like the brown dress. I think its cute and super flattering.

#8 DallasAshli

DallasAshli
                • 451 posts

Posted 09 July 2008 - 02:15 PM

Count me as another vote for the brown. :) Brown is also an easier color for most people to wear.

And you look great in your dress!

#9 teacherbride

teacherbride
                  • 354 posts

Posted 09 July 2008 - 02:23 PM

Thanks so much ladies! I think you're right. It's hard changing when you've had a certain vision for so long.

Unfortunately the dresses that I bought were a final sale. It's not a huge deal because they were on sale and I paid for them so long ago, it's water under the bridge at this point.

I had thought about choosing a colour and letting them pick their own dresses but I really like how it looks for them to all have the same dress. Also, my sisters idea of what is flattering and mine are pretty different.

I wonder how soon I can get her to DB??

#10 DanielleNDerek

DanielleNDerek
                    • VIP Member
                    • 18,452 posts

Posted 09 July 2008 - 02:24 PM

I would tell her that if she's like to get a new dress she needs to get to DB asap. it will give her some incentive to make time to go since she doesn't like the current dress.
                      ***Married November 6, 2008***Gavin Born February 28th, 2010***
                      Paradisus Palma Real Wedding Review
                      Our Professional Wedding Pictures on Snapfish

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users