Here are my starfish invitations

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 Jamminworld

• 136 posts

Posted 08 July 2008 - 06:25 AM

Click the image to open in full size.
    I really hope this works right this time around.

These are the drafts of my invitations. I will have a pink ribbon around the outside of them under the starfish when complete. I stayed up all night trying to get the sizing right. What do you think? I'm not all that thrilled with the image in the background but it is the one thing that FI asked for. I think they have turned out pretty good so far. I has written instructions on all of my drafts so I can remeber what I did to get them to look that way. :) I feel so good that I am getting such a big project done.

#2 1elephant

• VIP Member
    • 15,998 posts

Posted 08 July 2008 - 07:02 AM

ahh, the world of wedding planning - tho i've been done for a few months now and have no excuse for staying up all night!
      they look good! finding the dimensions is such a pita. i have 2 suggestions/comments: 1) from what i can see, it looks like the blue starfish has been stretched, and it throws the invite off balance a little. that could be why you're not loving the image. if it's not stretched, then i apologize. #2 is more of a question really - do you want your guests to see writing before they open the ribbon w/ the starfish? if not, try bigger paper and fold it in from all 4 directions. jmho, tho now go get some sleep!

#3 Jamminworld

• 136 posts

Posted 08 July 2008 - 07:25 AM

Lauren- Unfortunately the image is one complete piece not three seperate pieces. I'm wondering though maybe I can try and narrow the image and get it to look better. I'n not hating it overall I just think something need to be tweaked. I think at this point though I have looked at my invitations so much I am going crosseyed.
        In regards to the wording sticking out I'm fine with that. I actually have cut the outer paper to let it peak through.

This is the invitation I fell in love with and am basing mine off of.

#4 Yari

• VIP Member
        • 10,928 posts

Posted 08 July 2008 - 01:04 PM

Your invites look great! You did a very good job. Congrats!

#5 DanielleNDerek

• VIP Member
          • 18,452 posts

Posted 08 July 2008 - 01:07 PM

I would try to narrow the image the blue starfish doesnt' seem a little stretched. I think they look great.
            ***Married November 6, 2008***Gavin Born February 28th, 2010***
            Paradisus Palma Real Wedding Review
            Our Professional Wedding Pictures on Snapfish

#6 nikkianddean

• 1,881 posts

Posted 08 July 2008 - 01:44 PM

first of all, you did an amazing job!! i agree with lauren & danielle that you might want to tweak the blue s-fish.

you should be so proud of yourself. that is a huge accomplishment!!!

Mr. & Mrs. C
              February 14, 2009

#7 Monique

• 415 posts

Posted 08 July 2008 - 02:10 PM

Give yourself a kiss on the shoulder for getting a huge task off your to-do list...the invites look good..if you're not crazy about the starfish I would look for a non-pixelated picture of starfish...that would make the starfish look crisper and maybe you'll love it more...?

#8 Jenn3878

• 5,681 posts

Posted 08 July 2008 - 02:47 PM

Very nice! Great job!

#9 Celina

• Banned
                  • 2,811 posts

Posted 08 July 2008 - 02:55 PM

These look really good! What if you tied them with raffia instead of the band?

Either way - great job!!
                    "Love is not who you live with...it's who you can't live without"

#10 angela1184

• 104 posts

Posted 08 July 2008 - 02:58 PM

Nice job....that must have taken you hours to do.....its terrible to say but i dont have the nerves for that. i love the blue and pink color combo im sure you will get pleanty of compliments on them

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users