WHAT TO BRING? - Dreams Cancun

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

• 466 posts

Posted 07 July 2008 - 11:37 AM

Originally Posted by lanalovesyou
    Thanks a lot. It's great that you actually have photos.
    I just find it so irritating getting in touch with the WC at Dreams it gets discouraging.
    I know it is frustrating but believe it or not you get used to it. If it is any consolation all the brides say that it all works out fine in the end, They really have it together.

#12 Hartyt509

• 2,262 posts

Posted 07 July 2008 - 03:02 PM

God those cakes are awful lol all I want is a plain cake with a black ribbon!!

#13 cancunbride

• 531 posts

Posted 07 July 2008 - 11:45 PM

Originally Posted by lanalovesyou
        WOW... That is so outrageous!... I can't understand why they won't allow you to bring you own??

I am planning on bringing my own napkins... His and her flutes... Cake knife set... and the petals...

I don't know if there is anything else I need though... Do we need to bring our own cake toppers? Since I haven't been able to get any photos of the cakes, I don't know if they just decorate them with flowers?

they do decorate your cakes with flowers if you wish but you can bring your own cake topper..Im bringing my napkins also

#14 1elephant

• VIP Member
        • 15,998 posts

Posted 07 July 2008 - 11:50 PM

here are my cakes:
          Click the image to open in full size.
          Click the image to open in full size.
          i only told them what i wanted on the inside. i did ask about flowers, but a single gerbera daisy would have cost about $7!!!! totally not worth it to me. cake #1 is quite ugly, but i didn't care about looks. that was the tres leches cake, which was VERY good. cake #2 isn't as ugly, but tasted like dried poop.

#15 Samantha S

Samantha S
          • 369 posts

Posted 08 July 2008 - 12:05 AM

Lana, I may have read your first question wrong but it is my understanding that they provide white table linens (including napkins) but charge if you want colored linens. They do the full set up with plates, silverware and glasses but most gals bring some type of centerpiece. If you are trying to keep a tight budget, I wouldn't worry about colored linens and just bring something for the centerpieces in your colors. Things like that are where they nickel and dime you and in the end, it is not worth it if you're trying to save. The setting is so beautiful and those are some times the details that only a fellow bride or bride to be will notice and care about.

But bringing them would definitely be cheaper!

#16 lanalovesyou

• 52 posts

Posted 08 July 2008 - 01:20 AM

Yeah I wouldn't mind just a plain cake with some sage coloured ribbon on it..

Do we just tell them before-hand or when I get there??

---- Thanks for the centerpieces idea..I figured they would have something but now I know to bring my own!

#17 Kat81

• VIP Member
              • 7,615 posts

Posted 08 July 2008 - 02:16 AM

You can set most of it up when you get there. I would make sure if you have any really hard to handle requests you make them before hand though.

#18 zorlack76

• 259 posts

Posted 08 July 2008 - 03:00 AM

What kind of credit (how much in dollars) do they give you if you decide not to go with their center pieces and bring your own center piece? I cant needing too many center pieces because Im only having a reception for about 30.

#19 Hartyt509

• 2,262 posts

Posted 08 July 2008 - 08:00 AM

As far as I know you don't get any credit for things you don't use in the package

#20 lanalovesyou

• 52 posts

Posted 08 July 2008 - 02:25 PM

I agree, I wish you could just switch things you don't want with other things you do..Or put it towards what you want..

And for a service of 30 how many tables would that be for the reception??

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users