Photo

How many stems will I need?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Jamminworld

Jamminworld
  • 136 posts

Posted 05 July 2008 - 09:56 AM

I want to get a quote for stems to try a DIY bouquet but I am clueless on how many of each flower I will actually need. I want to try and copy the brides and MOH pink peony and rose bouquet from this website. How many of each do you think I will need?

The Wedding Blog at BloomeryWeddings.com - Featured Bouquets

#2 msasfraz

msasfraz
    • 392 posts

Posted 08 July 2008 - 04:17 PM

i would love the answer to that... im thinking more on the lines of 20 stems.......i was looking on flowerbud.com and they were selling a bunch of 20 calla lillies for $80 which was a replica of the bouquet...... just a thought.....really depends on how full you want your arrangement

#3 ErinB

ErinB

VIP Member

• VIP Member
      • 9,504 posts

Posted 08 July 2008 - 04:24 PM

In counting what was in that bouquet, I would guess that you would need about 8 peonies, 12 large roses, and maybe 20 of the miniature roses.

I haven't posted a pic, but I had a fairly large bouquet that had a base of 7 peonies.

I have heard that some of Angel's flowers are on the large size, so that might also make a difference.

I bought all of mine at Hobby Lobby. If you can catch them on sale and especially if you have a coupon, it is cheaper. They have some wonderful real-touch stems that range from $2-$10 each regular price.

I'll PM you when I get my flowers added to my blog.

#4 SunBride

SunBride
        • 1,499 posts

Posted 09 July 2008 - 12:43 PM

the AA peonies are HUGE! I had 3 of them in my bridesmaid bouquet (it was basically just the 3 peonies) and it made a nice full medium size bouquet. For a brides's bouquet I would think 3-4 is enough, especially if you have roses in there too.

For the roses, I don't really know as I haven't seen them but I would guess 8 large and 8 small.

All this was for the bridal bouquet. I think you can order about 1/2 or 2/3 for the bridesmaid bouquets so that they are smaller.

On a site note, I had the calla lilies from AA and I really liked them, I totally thought they looked real! They were huge though, too big for corsages (which I wanted them for) but perfect for my bouquet. They do come in different sizes though so I should have ordered smaller ones for the corsages.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users