Sign in to follow this  
BlissfulMsMiranda

To wear glass or not to wear glasses...

So ... my wedding is months and months away but I'm already starting to worry about something that comes up often when I have to "dress up."

Should I wear my glasses or not?

First off, I don't own contacts. I wore them once in high school and had a bad allergic reaction to the whole affair so I never tried it again. Also, on multiple occasions my fiance has mentioned that it"just doesn't look like me" when I take my glasses off. I always wear them.

BUT, this is my wedding day ...and I'll only get to wear the dress ONCE and walk down the aisle ONCE ... so do I wear my glasses or not?

I no longer have the bulky ones you see in the avatar ... they are rimless on the bottom, but they're coloured (bright green on the inside of the top frame!).

So this is a question or all you four-eyes out there!! Help!!!! smile29.gif

I am in the same boat. I always wear my glasses, as my eyes cannot handle contacts either for more than an hour. However, I do not plan on wearing them at our wedding, at least not during the ceremony, but halfway through the pictures of party I will put them on. When I do wear contacts, it is never more than an hour- but my eyes get really red, so I might be able to get away with wearing them for a bit.

I think that if your glasses are a part of you, then go for it! Glasses are sexy!Besides, you can totally buy a new set of full rimless or maybe even bridal white ones for the wedding!! Make them another accessory!

But if you are really considering contacts, go talk to your optometrist. :)

P.S. Glasses ROCK!smile123.gif

well if you consider yourself 'you' with your glasses then totally wear them!

i wore glasses from the time i was 16 until last year when i had Lasik and honestly i never felt sexy with them on unless i was in a business suit and had the business sexy thing going on.

i wore contacts 6 of 7 days but my vision was pretty bad - that is the other question -if you don't wear them during the ceremony / part of reception, will you be able to see / function?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Virg View Post
I think that if your glasses are a part of you, then go for it! Glasses are sexy!Besides, you can totally buy a new set of full rimless or maybe even bridal white ones for the wedding!! Make them another accessory!

But if you are really considering contacts, go talk to your optometrist. :)

P.S. Glasses ROCK!smile123.gif
I was thinking of trying to find a wedding-like pair that will "match" without overpowering my face!

However, contacts for the ceremony might also be another idea ... hmmm decisions, decisions. :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alyssa View Post

i wore contacts 6 of 7 days but my vision was pretty bad - that is the other question -if you don't wear them during the ceremony / part of reception, will you be able to see / function?
I cannot function without them! I'd end up marrying a friend instead of my fiance if I didn't have them on. LOL

I just asked my secretary this same question a few days ago. She is blind without her glasses!

She plans on wearing her glasses except when walking down the aisle and during the ceremony.

She says she will take them off right before walking down the aisle. Hopefully she doesn't trip or end up standing next to the wrong person at the altar!

I probably wont be wearing mine, but my daughter broke my glasses about a year ago, and I never replaced them yet. Before she broke them I wasn't wearing them very often anyways because my script was not right and it bothered me. Really, I haven't worn them for a few years because of when I had my cataract. Anyways, I do need to start wearing them again, so I either need to get them fixed or get new ones.

Just bringing this one back to the forefront as I'm sure there are other glasses-wearing brides out there too! :)

I've decided to wear my glasses ... as per my FI's request. He wants to see ME walking down the aisle ... and I love that he loves me for how I am, geekiness and all ... ;-) Hehehe

Good choice Miranda! I just saw this now and before I saw your reply I was going to say I definitely think you should wear your glasses. I had mentioned before that my biggest pet peeves about brides is ones who dont look like themselves on their wedding day. Whether its styling of their hair, or the amount of make up they wear, or even the dress they chooce..I just think a bride should be themselves on their big day.. So yayyyy on your choice!!!

I have thought about this as well...I wear my glasses all the time (since I was 4) and thought about not wearing them. But since I wear them all the time I think it just wouldn't be me without them. If I wore contacts a lot or something then I probably wouldn't wear them, since I don't I guess why would I not wear them on my wedding day.