For those that are going/went barefoot for the beach ceremony

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 yamille

yamille
  • 1,460 posts

Posted 04 July 2008 - 12:33 AM

Hi Girls,

I am dead set on being barefoot for the beach ceremony but am thinking of wearing a shoe for the reception so that I can get my groove on
    When you went searching for a dress did you try on barefoot?

I have a huge fear of tripping and falling- which I do very often so I don't want the dress to be too long.
    TIA!

#2 NewOrleansbride

NewOrleansbride
    • 358 posts

Posted 04 July 2008 - 02:12 AM

I had my dress fitted barefoot. I will eaither wear some pretty flip flops or go barefoot for the ceremony. I definitely want something to wear for the reception, but I figured that whatever I choose will be flat so no harm in getting fitted without shoes.
      -Rachel

#3 starchild

starchild

• Moderators
      • 26,161 posts

Posted 04 July 2008 - 02:15 AM

Yep, I also fitted barefoot. I changed into a 2nd dress during the reception that was shorter and much easier to groove in, but I was barefoot virtually the whole time.

Our reception was mostly on sand, and there was a dancefloor but we all danced barefoot. I only put on my white flip-flops to get on the boat for the ride back...and I think they came off while dancing on the boat too LOL

#4 Amarillis

Amarillis
        • 1,913 posts

Posted 04 July 2008 - 08:55 AM

My dress has yet to come in yet - but I definately plan on being fitted for it barefoot!

I am also liking the idea of barefeet for the wedding - FI is worried that the sand will be too hot!

#5 KLC77

KLC77
          • 2,207 posts

Posted 04 July 2008 - 09:11 AM

When I first tried on my dress I did it barefoot. I haven't had it altered yet, but luckily I don't really step on it at all now. I plan to get some shoes for the reception, but will just fit the heel to the dress rather than the other way around.
            ~Kelly

Our Awesome Wedding Pics: http://www.delsolpho...ings/kelly&ron/

#6 Jen_S

Jen_S
            • 3,737 posts

Posted 04 July 2008 - 09:17 AM

I am also going to get my dress fitted with no shoes. I have not decided on what type of shoes to wear for the reception.
              Our Honeymoon In Ireland!!

#7 starchild

starchild

• Moderators
              • 26,161 posts

Posted 04 July 2008 - 09:57 AM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by Amarillis
                I am also liking the idea of barefeet for the wedding - FI is worried that the sand will be too hot!
                What time of day is your ceremony? Ours was in the early evening and the sand was still warm but we had mats for the aisle and alter. After the sun went down the sand was not hot at all.

#8 Chiquita

Chiquita
                • 2,674 posts

Posted 04 July 2008 - 02:03 PM

I'll also be getting fitted barefoot... and wearing "just married" flip flops for the reception

#9 LisaG

LisaG
                  • VIP Member
                  • 7,839 posts

Posted 05 July 2008 - 12:36 PM

I also had mine fitted without shoes. I was barefoot at the ceremony, and wore flat silver flip flops for the reception.

#10 Davematthews16

Davematthews16
                    • Banned
                    • 1,051 posts

Posted 05 July 2008 - 12:45 PM

I went barefoot. I am wearing barefoot sandals for the wedding (basically barefoot) and cute white glittery shoes for the reception just in case I don't want to keep the BF sandals on :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users