How far in advance did you order your dress?

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 yamille

• 1,460 posts

Posted 02 July 2008 - 08:31 PM

I'm just curious as to what the deal is as far as dress ordering. I haven't started with even looking yet and I am just curious as to when I should start.
    I heard someone say that it can take up to 7months to order your dress. Is that true?

#2 RaydensMama

• VIP Member
    • 2,861 posts

Posted 02 July 2008 - 08:32 PM

I ordered mine 6 months in advance and the lady at the store told me that it was good i didnt wait any longer. That being said it was ready in 4 months.

#3 Carolyn

• 1,235 posts

Posted 02 July 2008 - 08:35 PM

I just started looking and happen to find it after serval store. I just order mine. I know I'm way early.

#4 kerryjbrown

• 672 posts

Posted 02 July 2008 - 08:37 PM

My wedding is in 9 mos and I ordered this week. They told me 6-7 mos at all 4 stores I looked plus 1-2 months for alterations, so....I ordered right away as that equals 7-9 mos total time.

#5 neen

• 633 posts

Posted 02 July 2008 - 08:38 PM

Some do take 6 month+, it totally depends on your designer. Most dresses can be rush ordered if needed, but you'll pay a premium. Personally, though, mine will be in just under 3 months...so like i said, it depends.

dress shopping is fun - get out there and do it!

#6 lscilley

• 1,466 posts

Posted 02 July 2008 - 08:52 PM

I already ordered mine but I only went shopping because my mom was in town and she is never here and I wanted here there. My wedding is Nov 09, otherwise I probably would have waited till about 10 months.

#7 Melissa G

Melissa G
              • 105 posts

Posted 02 July 2008 - 09:26 PM

I ordered mine about 9 months before the wedding. It took 5 months before it came in. They said it would take between 4 and 6 months. I guess it depends where you go and who the designer is.

#8 chicklet

• 718 posts

Posted 02 July 2008 - 09:44 PM

I ordered mine about three weeks ago and it will be in the beginning of november.

#9 Davematthews16

• Banned
                  • 1,051 posts

Posted 02 July 2008 - 09:47 PM

Ordered my dress in May, it will be here mid-August. Then 1-2 more months for alterations...Wedding is in January...Lonnng process

#10 nikkianddean

• 1,881 posts

Posted 02 July 2008 - 10:01 PM

I ordered mine 10 months before so it should be here 4-5 months before the wedding. It totally depends on your dress. I boughtmine at the time that I did to take advantage of a promotion. I probably could have waited, but I caught a deal

Mr. & Mrs. C
                      February 14, 2009

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users