Photo

aventura spa palace

• Please log in to reply
2875 replies to this topic

#211 rach220

rach220
  • 532 posts

Posted 22 June 2009 - 05:22 PM

Does anyone know what the document requirements are that we need to bring down there? The website just says birth certificates, but I thought I read somewhere about an apostille document (which I don't even know what it is...) Anyone know what's required?

Married July 16, 2009
    Aventura Cove Palace Resort
    Riviera Maya, Mexico

photo by Misti Douglas

#212 Jena0609

Jena0609
    • 75 posts

Posted 23 June 2009 - 11:23 PM

Although I am no longer getting married in Mexico we had gotten the Apostille from our state. We had to send our birth certificates to our state capital and they basically attached a paper to them with a notary that confirms they are "real". You of course need your passport and the travelers ID that you get from the airport. Hope this helps.
      Mexico Wedding Cancelled!

#213 ddiinnyyeell

ddiinnyyeell
      • 226 posts

Posted 24 June 2009 - 06:39 AM

You need your birth certificate (a certified copy) with the apostille document attached and valid passports. My paperwork says we also need a tourist ID which will be provided by customs upon arrival.
        Danielle & John
        Aventura Spa Palace
        October 30, 2009

Wedding Photos By Bella Luce Photography

#214 MarissaDC

MarissaDC
        • 28 posts

Posted 25 June 2009 - 08:52 AM

Hi ladies
          I was actually confused about this as well because 6 months ago the website stated that you needed the apostille, but now it does not list that as a requirement. I talked to my WC and she said the law in Mexico changed and you no longer need the apostille document--just the certified birth certificate. That is why they updated it on their website. Hope that helps!
          Marissa and Shawn
          Oct 23, 2009
          Aventura Spa Palace

#215 ieemc

ieemc
          • 22 posts

Posted 01 July 2009 - 06:57 AM

I know I'm from the UK and the rules might be slightly different for us, but we just had to take a Certified Birth Certificate when we got married there in September.

#216 NaM

NaM
            • 2,256 posts

Posted 04 July 2009 - 04:23 PM

Just wanted to give everyone a heads up that there will be a HUGE business seminar at the resort in early November. The 5-9th. I don't think this will interfere with anything if someone is going down then but it might be a good thing to be aware of.

#217 NaM

NaM
              • 2,256 posts

Posted 07 July 2009 - 11:39 AM

Here is a blog post from ASP by Elizabeth Medina Aventura Spa Palace Elizabeth Medina Photography

There are some beautiful pictures.

#218 NaM

NaM
                • 2,256 posts

Posted 29 July 2009 - 06:46 PM

Was has this thread gotten so quiet!?!?!

#219 rach220

rach220
                  • 532 posts

Posted 03 August 2009 - 06:33 PM

It has been quiet! Partially my fault...I got married a few weeks ago at ASP and haven't gotten around to write my review or post any pictures yet...I'm sorryyyyy

Our photo site is Message. There are a ton of photos to search through...some not so great. We don't have our pro pics back yet so they are just what our guests have uploaded. If you're getting married there you won't be disappointed-we had an amazing time! Enjoy and I promise to get my review up as soon as I can!

Married July 16, 2009
                    Riviera Maya, Mexico

photo by Misti Douglas

#220 rach220

rach220
                    • 532 posts

Posted 03 August 2009 - 06:34 PM

ok...i don't really know why it posted the link as "message" but i clicked on it and it works so hopefully it will for everyone else too...

Married July 16, 2009
                      Riviera Maya, Mexico

photo by Misti Douglas

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users