Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmmissyyy View Post
Questions about the wedding packages:

I was initially under the impression that hair, nails and makeup were included in the wedding package I purchased, but now I've gone back and re-read it and it doesn't mention it anywhere. Does that cost extra?

Second, my question is regarding the "dinner reservation for up to 35 guests." How strict is this? I have between 35 to 40 guests, does that mean I HAVE to purchase a private event? And is the dinner reservation just reserving a section at one of the restaurants? If I want to eat at the Pandero Terrace, is that considered a private event?

Sorry for a million questions, I just realized how unclear I am with all of this and would like to anticipate any extra costs once we arrive.

Thanks in advance!
The dinner reservations aren't super strict...depending on which restaurant your pick. Some of them just can't hold that many people and will only let you have a max of 15-20 people. Actually...I think there is only 2 maybe 3 that will let you even have 35, but if you ask nicely they'll push it up to around 40. And yes, it is JUST for the restaurant...if you want it on the Terrace it has to be a private even tbecause they would be doing the food and set up just for your group. But Mundaca Steak Restaurant has a nice patio...and it's semi-private if you reserve it early.

Ahhh it's still tripping me out that the wedding is over and I can answer all these questions!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello all, just booked Nov.11 at 3pm at the cove palace. Thanks everyone for the posts. To the past brides, was the wedding coordinator there at the rehersal dinner and does anyone have a copy of their welcome letter.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Im getting married on November 12th!! Who are you using as a photographer/videographer? How many people are you inviting? Im planning for atleast 50pp and I dont know what Im going to do to handle all of them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi, im getting married at aventura cove palace in nov 11th 2010, just wondering if any one has pics and i not sure to have a beach reception. How is the weather around that time?!?

thanks

mary

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello all,

 

I am getting married next Sat, Feb 20, 2010...I am slightly disturbed cause I see that it might rain...I have been to the resort when it rains and there are a bazillion mosquitoes... NAM...did they give you any contigency plan in case it did rain...My WC is Yazmin..and like Missy in her earlier post... I am frustrated with her cause she is slower then #*#$# in getting an answer back to me... I saw what they did for someone else's wedding when it rained and DID NOT like the looks of it..I just emailed Yazmin and asked her what the back up would be and the set up in one of those convention rooms is not something I would like...so basically they better think up something better and be more accomodating...I also.. did not like the cake I had a cake testing and was not thrilled...we asked if LeBlanc could make our cake and was told they could for another 250....I was also told to transport it...would be another 200 to drive it 45 minutes to Cancun.. I am really frustrated....

 

Kim

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For the brides who have already been married at either Aventura Cove Palace or Aventura Spa Palace....what did your guests do at night for entertainment? Is there a bar that stays open late? Any that play music? I can't really tell by their descriptions on the palace resorts website.

 

Thanks!

Nicole

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by marymason View Post
Hello all, just booked Nov.11 at 3pm at the cove palace. Thanks everyone for the posts. To the past brides, was the wedding coordinator there at the rehersal dinner and does anyone have a copy of their welcome letter.
Sounds like a few of you are getting married on the same day!! How exciting!
The WC came to our rehearsal but did not stay for our event after (we had a cocktail party instead of dinner). We didn't have the rehearsal until 6 I believe so I don't blame her for leaving after...I mean, who really wants to work THAT long??
I have a copy of my welcome letter...not on my computer though. It's somewhere on this forum if you do a search for it.


Quote:
Originally Posted by angelov321 View Post
Im getting married on November 12th!! Who are you using as a photographer/videographer? How many people are you inviting? Im planning for atleast 50pp and I dont know what Im going to do to handle all of them.
We had 50 people and it was easy! Just don't stress about everyone having a good time and ENJOY YOURSELF!!! Everyone else is an adult and can entertain themself on vacation, this is not your job!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by marymason View Post
Hi, im getting married at aventura cove palace in nov 11th 2010, just wondering if any one has pics and i not sure to have a beach reception. How is the weather around that time?!?
thanks
mary
There really is no "beach" so it wouldn't be a beach reception in the way you are thinking...there's an area with a type of sand near the water. Raluca did this and it was BEAUTIFUL (our wedding was the same evening so we got to see eachothers set up)!! Her pictures are a few pages back.
The weather changes on a daily basis but is generally really nice. Beginning of November is tricky...still can get into hurricanes but when it's sunny...it's beautiful! Can't do anything about the weather though so I wouldn't stress.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinkatude View Post
Hello all,

I am getting married next Sat, Feb 20, 2010...I am slightly disturbed cause I see that it might rain...I have been to the resort when it rains and there are a bazillion mosquitoes... NAM...did they give you any contigency plan in case it did rain...My WC is Yazmin..and like Missy in her earlier post... I am frustrated with her cause she is slower then #*#$# in getting an answer back to me... I saw what they did for someone else's wedding when it rained and DID NOT like the looks of it..I just emailed Yazmin and asked her what the back up would be and the set up in one of those convention rooms is not something I would like...so basically they better think up something better and be more accomodating...I also.. did not like the cake I had a cake testing and was not thrilled...we asked if LeBlanc could make our cake and was told they could for another 250....I was also told to transport it...would be another 200 to drive it 45 minutes to Cancun.. I am really frustrated....

Kim
Key word Kim: it MIGHT rain. But it MIGHT not. You can't control the weather and you're weddding will be great so try not to stress so close to the trip of your life!
We did not have a back up plan for rain, I just hoped for the best and it was the most beautiful day of the whole trip...not a cloud in the sky. Even if it's calling for rain, chances are, it won't pour all day. Small rains will come and go then clear up. So, I'm not really sure what venues they have for when it rains. If you can have it on the adults only side, I would suggest the indoor pool terrace. It's outside but still covered and really lovely.
The WC do slow down with responses when you're getting close but you have to remember they are managing other weddings and brides that are already down there. Also, DW are made for minimal planning and it's much much much easier to take care of details when you get down there, can see venues, colors, and get a feel for everything. As long as you have your bases covered for what you need to bring from home the WC will really surprise you when you get down there. I PROMISE!!! The hotel doesn't even begin working on things like flowers, cake, decor...until after you arrive and have had your meeting with the WC.
As for the cake, I don't really know what to say to help. I can see why they would charge you more if you are taking their business away...although I know it sucks for you. We were pretty happy with our cake...nobody is expecting to eat the best cake they've ever had at the wedding...it's really just a minor detail. I wouldn't let it upset when you're about to marry the love of your life! You take a few pictures of it and then move on so try to remember it's not the end of the world. And if it's any consilation...all our guests were really pleased with the cake.


Quote:
Originally Posted by nbills511 View Post
For the brides who have already been married at either Aventura Cove Palace or Aventura Spa Palace....what did your guests do at night for entertainment? Is there a bar that stays open late? Any that play music? I can't really tell by their descriptions on the palace resorts website.

Thanks!
Nicole
They have nightly shows and events. Just a few that I remember: fire dancers, a mexican carnvial with performances and street market, michael jackson show....
they also have a disco and bars all over the place. And I'm sure as people sit and enjoy dinner together, that runs late into the night enjoying good drinks and good company.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Nam, Your photos inspired me to book Del Sol for my wedding at the Aventure Spa. They are just amazing. Your photos capture so much emotion. I think we are booking Vincent.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by marymason View Post
Hello all, just booked Nov.11 at 3pm at the cove palace. Thanks everyone for the posts. To the past brides, was the wedding coordinator there at the rehersal dinner and does anyone have a copy of their welcome letter.
Hello!

I was just looking up welcome letters and found NaM's. Here is a link to the thread to check out her welcome letter: http://bestdestinationwedding.com/fo...-letter-51791/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  


  • Best Destination Wedding Sponsors



    Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter
  • Posts

    • Hello all!! I'm planning to get married next week. I'm working in an MNC and I'm gonna marry my colleague who is in my company. It's been ten months since we have started our relationship. He used to support in all my difficulties and used to help me in my work. Always he used to tell me about my smile. He says that I have a very good smile and he loves it. Recently I lost my front tooth after an accident and it resulted in a bad look for me. He told me that I lost my beautiful smile. I was totally disappointed and thought of finding a solution. I heard about dental dentures and took an appointment at a clinic in Scarborough. Will dentures affect my speech? What was your experience of getting dentures? 
    • Go for the third one. It is gorgeous and you will look stunning in that. I'm sure you will be noticed by other people. Go for it.
    • I would suggest the long one. You will look stunning in that. It is simple and elegant.
    • Both the gown are awesome and I'm sure you will look gorgeous in both. But I would suggest the first one. Go for it and Congratulations for your marriage.
    • Hello everyone,  I am still engaged, still not planning the big day, because we haven't chosen a date + we have some family stiff to do so I hope that this forum will help me a lot before the real craziness during the wedding planning period. Happy to be here
  • Topics

×