Where to go on my honeymoon

• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

#1 Kat81

Kat81
  • VIP Member
  • 7,615 posts

Posted 30 June 2008 - 07:58 PM

Fi and I are debating going somewhere else after our week in mexico. Neither of us has traveled out of Canada and the US. We have made a deal with eachother to start going somewhere new every year. Vote for a great place to visit and tell me why. We are interested in all kinds of different things. Culture, snowboarding, art, history, architecture, beaches, wineries. There are not many places we wouldn't like. Let me know where your favorite place is and why.

#2 Angel

Angel
    • 2,635 posts

Posted 30 June 2008 - 08:12 PM

Since I'm an Island kind of girl, I vote for Bora Bora. I've never been but plan on going someday. Not to mention that it's the most famous tropical island in the world.

#3 Martha

Martha
      • VIP Member
      • 3,906 posts

Posted 30 June 2008 - 08:15 PM

Greece gets my vote.....I have never been but after our trip to Spain next year, that will be our next trip. It is just amazingly beautiful....well, in pictures anyhow!

#4 Christi

Christi
        • 1,905 posts

Posted 30 June 2008 - 08:18 PM

I voted for Paris since it's such a beautiful/romanticcity which holds a special place in my heart since my mom and dad lived, met and married there.

#5 JulieG

JulieG
          • VIP Member
          • 8,323 posts

Posted 30 June 2008 - 08:21 PM

My fave place that I have travelled to is Thailand. Its heaven on earth, its so beautiful and there is sooo much to do, the food is amazing and its dirt cheap to do everything once you get there. I was there for 3.5 weeks and spent $500, that included accomodations, food, lots of tours and rock climbing and just amazing things oh and bringing home tons of stuff.

But, since its not one of your options I will have to go back to the list and pick one of those. The country I want to go to next is Costa Rica.

#6 starchild

starchild

• Moderators
            • 26,161 posts

Posted 30 June 2008 - 08:21 PM

I voted Venice because it matches your desire for culture, art, history, architecture, & wineries. Any of those choices would be amazing though!

#7 Kat81

Kat81
              • VIP Member
              • 7,615 posts

Posted 30 June 2008 - 08:22 PM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by JulieG
                My fave place that I have travelled to is Thailand. Its heaven on earth, its so beautiful and there is sooo much to do, the food is amazing and its dirt cheap to do everything once you get there. I was there for 3.5 weeks and spent $500, that included accomodations, food, lots of tours and rock climbing and just amazing things oh and bringing home tons of stuff.

But, since its not one of your options I will have to go back to the list and pick one of those. The country I want to go to next is Costa Rica.
                Oh Thailand... I never thought of that. My list is just places we have talked about. But since neither of us has been anywhwere we don't really know. Why Costa Rica?

#8 NewOrleansbride

NewOrleansbride
                • 358 posts

Posted 30 June 2008 - 08:24 PM

I vote for Venice - it is such a cool city and, in my opinion, one of the most beautiful European cities. Very romantic too- gondolas! The people are unbelievably friendly and the food is delicious! If you do go to Italy you have to also go to Florence (my second favorite Italian city).

Click the image to open in full size.
                  -Rachel

#9 Kat81

Kat81
                  • VIP Member
                  • 7,615 posts

Posted 30 June 2008 - 08:25 PM

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by NewOrleansbride
                    I vote for Venice - it is such a cool city and, in my opinion, one of the most beautiful European cities. Very romantic too- gondolas! The people are unbelievably friendly and the food is delicious! If you do go to Italy you have to also go to Florence (my second favorite Italian city).

Click the image to open in full size.
                    Florence... another great option... Gosh you girls make me want to just go everywhere lol!

#10 Mandy

Mandy
                    • 514 posts

Posted 30 June 2008 - 08:36 PM

I think of your choices, London would be my last pick for a honeymoon. It would be better for another trip. I voted for Bora Bora, but I'm also an island girl.

I also love Switzerland. The alps are gorgeous in the summer (the only time I've been there). We went hang-gliding and paragliding and rented little buggies that we drove up to the waterfalls.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users