Ellipse22
    • 584 posts

Posted 25 June 2008 - 05:18 PM

Welcome back & Congrats! Hurry up with those pics lol

#23 geology_rocks

geology_rocks
      • 215 posts

Posted 25 June 2008 - 07:12 PM

Congratulations! We had more than a few issues with Chandlyn too, seems to be a theme lately! Let me know if you call the Riu to complain or at least mention the crappy service. I fully intended to but could not actually find the phone number of someone who might care. I am glad that you still had a great time despite all the things that were not quite as expected. We had a great time too and it wasnt until the day after that we realized how badly they had screwed up. (My biggest pet peeve was a minister vs. civil officiant, did they at least get that right for you?)

#24 MayaGirl

MayaGirl
        • 78 posts

Posted 25 June 2008 - 10:24 PM

I'm sorry about your troubles with Chandlyn, but it sounds like everything was amazing anyways. Thanks for posting a review, I can't wait wait to see the pics! Congratulations.

#25 Bride010101

Bride010101
          • 1,547 posts

Posted 25 June 2008 - 10:58 PM

Congrats and Welcome Back!!!

I'm sorry you had so many issues... but sounds like you handled them wonderfully! I hope I can have the same laid-back attitude when its my turn.

Yikes... another not so good review though for ROR/Chandyln. I hope they turn things back around over the next few months.

What sort of room did you stay in? What did you think of it?

Can't wait to see some pics!!!!

#26 BrittneyD

BrittneyD
            • 679 posts

Posted 26 June 2008 - 10:12 AM

That's Unfortunate that you had trouble with Chandalyn. I have already put my family in charge of decorations because I am so afraid that will happen. Did you ever get your cake? BTW, where did you get your sparkers? Did you do any decorations at the seagrape?
              Brittney & Peter
              July 12, 2008
              Riu Ocho Rios

http://tickers.Ticke....2452/event.png

#27 FYB87

FYB87
              • 976 posts

Posted 26 June 2008 - 11:55 AM

Sorry about the problems you had with the WC. Congrats on your wedding and can't wait to see pics!

#28 para el amore

para el amore
                • 49 posts

Posted 26 June 2008 - 01:19 PM

Pics are posted at Kate Leigh
                  scroll to view your proofs, look for joel and liza, password is alvarez..

#29 para el amore

para el amore
                  • 49 posts

Posted 26 June 2008 - 09:27 PM

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by geology_rocks
                    Congratulations! We had more than a few issues with Chandlyn too, seems to be a theme lately! Let me know if you call the Riu to complain or at least mention the crappy service. I fully intended to but could not actually find the phone number of someone who might care. I am glad that you still had a great time despite all the things that were not quite as expected. We had a great time too and it wasnt until the day after that we realized how badly they had screwed up. (My biggest pet peeve was a minister vs. civil officiant, did they at least get that right for you?)
                    Yeah, we requested a minister and he performed a memorable ceremony, our vows that he had us say we're like they were written for us. We were extremely happy with his service.

#30 para el amore

para el amore
                    • 49 posts

Posted 26 June 2008 - 09:29 PM

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by chicklet
                      Congratulations and welcome back.

I have heard both good and bad things about Chandlyn in the reviews lately. Do you have any idea why she has the lack for detail lately? Overworked??
                      Some of these reviews have me concerned.
                      Would you recommend Riu to another bride at this point?
                      The resort was great and all of our guest enjoyed themselves. Just travel with a back-up WC and make sure you have all your details squared away. We plan on going back.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users