Photo

Veil or no Veil

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 beachbride09

beachbride09
  • 150 posts

Posted 24 June 2008 - 12:41 PM

I'm debating on whether or not to get/make a veil.

At the present moment, I am wanting a veil to wear to the airport, on the airplan, and as we enter the cruise. I want something more than one of those Bachorlette tiara and veils, yet I don't want something 'real', know what I mean?

I don't have a wedding/ceremony (we're eloping during our cruise vacation - which I guess is now our honeymoon) dress (toying between a real dress or a very nice bridesmaid dress).

What are you doing; is anyone thinking of wearing a veil to let everyone know at the airport that you're on your way to your wedding?
    http://farm4.static.....3ca1220c_m.jpgJanuary 20, 2009
    Grand Cayman Island

#2 Alyssa

Alyssa
    • 11,793 posts

Posted 24 June 2008 - 12:45 PM

i have no plans on wearing anything at the airport except my super comfy favorite travel tube dress and some flip flops.

if you want to let other people know you are a bride, why don't you get one of those customized tanks or t-shirts or hoodie zip up sweatshirts?

#3 nikkianddean

nikkianddean
      • 1,881 posts

Posted 24 June 2008 - 12:47 PM

I am probably not going to wear anything wedding related on the plane, but what about one of those cute juicy sweatsuits that say "bride" on the back. I would get uncomfortable with a veil on my head personally (i am not planning to wear one for the wedding either. But i think it would be fun to celebrate your wedding on the plane. Make sure you get some bubbly too!!!
        http://i264.photobuc....h/IMG_1002.jpg

Mr. & Mrs. C
        February 14, 2009

#4 nolaroy724

nolaroy724
        • 308 posts

Posted 24 June 2008 - 12:57 PM

I wasn't planning on doing anything either, but my friend bought me a cute tote that says 'Bride' on it. I was planning on using that tote as my carry on, especially because she'll be on the flight with us!

I'm sure you could make something cute if you really wanted to wear a veil on the plane. I

#5 Copita

Copita
          • 979 posts

Posted 24 June 2008 - 01:13 PM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by Alyssa
            i have no plans on wearing anything at the airport except my super comfy favorite travel tube dress and some flip flops.
            LOL. You're just like me.
            My girlfriends made me wear this veil on my bachelorette party night downtown ALL night and I almost keeeled them. It was SOOOO annoying!

If you want, wear a bride hoodie (the plane gets cold) or rock your veil if you want! It's your day/wedding so do what you like! :)

#6 Kristy!

Kristy!

VIP Member

• VIP Member
            • 6,368 posts

Posted 24 June 2008 - 01:21 PM

I haven't thought about this yet, but I doubt I'll have anything advertising that I'm a bride since I'll be traveling to St. Lucia a few days before FI. (Is that weird? I haven't heard of anyone else doing this!) I say do whatever you want!

#7 IrieBride08

IrieBride08
              • 716 posts

Posted 24 June 2008 - 02:34 PM

I like the idea of the bride hoodie, etc. I wore a red heart-shaped button that said "Bride to Be" pinned to my jean jacket. It seemed a little dorky, but I thought it was cute! LOL!!

#8 beachbride09

beachbride09
                • 150 posts

Posted 24 June 2008 - 07:27 PM

Thanks, everyone, for your imput.

I've thought about the hoody's (especially since we're leaving in January) but I've yet to find a site that has plus size items (2/3x)... I could always make my own, though...

Gives me something new to ponder!
                  http://farm4.static.....3ca1220c_m.jpgJanuary 20, 2009
                  Grand Cayman Island

#9 catandcleo

catandcleo
                  • 173 posts

Posted 27 June 2008 - 03:08 PM

I would say no veil, but that's just me... I am a second time bride (i was barely 19!) and have a very vivid memory from my first wedding with the cathedral length veil. My flower girl was standing on it and as we stepped forward to light the candle, my head snapped back like a Pez dispenser! It was actually quite funny, and i still laugh about it to this day, but i think it scarred me for life!

On a more practical note - i agree with the comments re: the plane - it will be a total hassle, from getting caught on stuff or you sitting on it, to just getting annoying while you are trying to sleep on the plane!

however - i am LOVING the idea of the DIY Bride hoodie!!!!

#10 wayneswifey

wayneswifey
                    • 97 posts

Posted 28 June 2008 - 07:13 PM

Bebe has a some sweatsuits and tanks that say bride

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users