Photo

What is your favorite brand of Hot Sauce?

• Please log in to reply
44 replies to this topic

#11 luckygirl

luckygirl
  • 339 posts

Posted 23 June 2008 - 10:54 PM

We love Louisiana hot sauce because it is yummy, cholulu (sp.??) and siracha chinese hot sauce with the rooster on the bottle. FH really loves the siracha.

#12 Sandra E.

Sandra E.
    • 2,183 posts

Posted 23 June 2008 - 11:20 PM

I don't really like spicy food, but I'm developing a better taste for it. However, I love my Mom's green tomatillo sauce... It's delicious!

#13 starchild

starchild

• Moderators
      • 26,161 posts

Posted 23 June 2008 - 11:21 PM

We love hot sauce so much that we have categories of favorites...LMAO!! I have a lot of the same as some of you guys already said.

Crystal, Red Rooster, Louisiana Hot Sauce - all classics for fried fish/chicken/cup o' noodles when I used to be addicted to them

Huy Fong Sriracha - in the squeeze bottle, love love love this stuff with rice, noodles, veggies, soups, meats, fish, anything really..my #1 or #2 favorite hot sauce of all time for sure (also any other sriracha rocks but this one is what I get)

Sambal Oelek - I grew up eating this w/the Indonesian food my dad cooked, it's hot as fire but when used in the right porportions really accentuates the dish (but I'm not kidding, the stuff is hot!)

Valentina - hot & extra hot flavors, my fave for burritos & quesadillas & I love it on ceviche/tostadas mixtas

Pico Pica - on tacos and on cheezits - omg!

Tapatio - different flavor & good for anything (I don't like Doritos but I'll eat them covered in Tapatio)

#14 Taradactyle

Taradactyle
        • 427 posts

Posted 24 June 2008 - 12:04 AM

I like Sriracha in the squeeze bottle too. Love to put it on Thai or Vietnamese food. Yum!
          Tara & Patrick

Our Non-Pro Pics: http://bestdestinati...om/forum/t32280

#15 kerryjbrown

kerryjbrown
          • 672 posts

Posted 24 June 2008 - 01:18 AM

I agree, I can't get things hot enough and don't love the flavor of Tabasco or tapatio.

When in St. Lucia I was introduced to this West Indies hot Sauce that is made from Scotch Bonnet peppers which have a better flavor and are almost as hot as an habanero. They make the sauce with mustard (you would never know) but it has a nice slow burn. I brought back 3 bottles and thank goodness i found it on amazon with one of their top brands "Barons" as we cannot buy it in Ca.

Amazon.com: Baron West Indian Hot Sauce - 14oz: Gourmet Food

#16 Alyssa

Alyssa
            • 11,793 posts

Posted 24 June 2008 - 08:19 AM

So do we Jamy - we have 'categories' ROFL

we use:

Huy Fong Sriracha:
              for a little of everything, noodles, sauces, anything Asian, marinades, etc.

Valentina:
              Mexican, Tex-Mex, Spanish, Faijitas, Tacos, etc.

Marie Sharp's:
              cooking, you only need a drop or two in sauces, noodles if you feel x-spicy

Now i already have acouple others i want to buy from this thread = thanks girls!

Quote:
              Originally Posted by starchild
              We love hot sauce so much that we have categories of favorites...LMAO!! I have a lot of the same as some of you guys already said.

Crystal, Red Rooster, Louisiana Hot Sauce - all classics for fried fish/chicken/cup o' noodles when I used to be addicted to them

Huy Fong Sriracha - in the squeeze bottle, love love love this stuff with rice, noodles, veggies, soups, meats, fish, anything really..my #1 or #2 favorite hot sauce of all time for sure (also any other sriracha rocks but this one is what I get)

Sambal Oelek - I grew up eating this w/the Indonesian food my dad cooked, it's hot as fire but when used in the right porportions really accentuates the dish (but I'm not kidding, the stuff is hot!)

Valentina - hot & extra hot flavors, my fave for burritos & quesadillas & I love it on ceviche/tostadas mixtas

Pico Pica - on tacos and on cheezits - omg!

Tapatio - different flavor & good for anything (I don't like Doritos but I'll eat them covered in Tapatio)

#17 melwru

melwru
              • 207 posts

Posted 24 June 2008 - 10:19 AM

I love Frank's Red Hot. I put it on EVERYTHING! My FI loves hot sauces, so I always try to incorporate a "new" sauce with his birthday gifts etc...the last one I got him was called "Ass in the Tub" Hot sauce. Ha! so funny :)

#18 Karen

Karen
                • 1,308 posts

Posted 24 June 2008 - 11:30 AM

I'm a Frank's girl too. I also love Goya's.
                  <center><embed src="http://www.widdlytin...nancyticker.swf" FlashVars="t1=Baby Lambert is on the way&b=7&c=0xCC00CC&f=5&y=2010&m=4&d=14" quality="high" wmode="transparent" width="430" height="115" name="Pregnancy Ticker" align="middle"...

#19 boscobel

boscobel
                  • VIP Member
                  • 24,213 posts

Posted 17 October 2009 - 09:41 PM

So Matt LOVES hot sauce and hates that the supermarkets only sell regular ones. I was hoping to get some for him for Christmas, anyone love hot sauce and have some suggestions?

#20 MayaLove

MayaLove
                    • 369 posts

Posted 18 October 2009 - 12:17 AM

I haven't purchased from these sites before but they have a great variety:

coolhotsauces.com
                      The Hot Sauce Store

Also, I would suggest checking out Amazon. You can search for "hot sauce" and get some customer reviews about them. :)

I can't really give any suggestions on what brand to get. I love hot sauce but usually just stick to Tabasco products. :P
                      Jenna & Chris
                      Soon to have a lifetime supply of donuts.
                      My BDW Blog

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users