Computer died

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 Yari

Yari
  • VIP Member
  • 10,928 posts

Posted 22 June 2008 - 11:55 PM

Ugh, my laptop died on Friday night. Not only am I having BDW withdrawls, all my stuff is possibly gone for ever. That includes all wedding related bookmarks, pics, ceremony vows, welcome letter, etc. Ugh! I got a new Mac Ibook today and they are going to try and recover all my stuff. I am so bummed out, I hope they can recover everything. The most important stuff is my pics. They chronicle my FI's and I relationship...all our trips.

Please keep your fingers crossed for me...I need some good BDW vibes.

#2 Kat81

Kat81
    • VIP Member
    • 7,615 posts

Posted 23 June 2008 - 12:06 AM

Fingers crossed. I can't help with the pictures but if all your other stuff is gone I bet all us girls can help you out. Let us know.

#3 Rhonda

Rhonda
      • 270 posts

Posted 23 June 2008 - 12:26 AM

I feel for you!!!! The exact same thing happened to me about 2-3 months ago....I was devastated! I had a Mac also and they couldn't recover it without me paying over $2000. I know it's annoying, but, most of the bookmarks, you can recover....perhaps, you sent some of your pics over email I did that with some and was able to recover, but, basically the last 4 years of my life is gone! I hope the same thing does not happen with you!

#4 Yari

Yari
        • VIP Member
        • 10,928 posts

Posted 23 June 2008 - 12:28 AM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by Rhonda
          I feel for you!!!! The exact same thing happened to me about 2-3 months ago....I was devastated! I had a Mac also and they couldn't recover it without me paying over $2000. I know it's annoying, but, most of the bookmarks, you can recover....perhaps, you sent some of your pics over email I did that with some and was able to recover, but, basically the last 4 years of my life is gone! I hope the same thing does not happen with you!
          $2k that is insane! Best Buy said they could do it for me for $100. I have a .mac account with a website with my pics. I did email them to people too, great idea.

#5 becks

becks

VIP

• VIP Member
          • 4,881 posts
          • Wedding Date:August 9, 2008
          • Wedding Location:Riviera Maya
          • LocationNew York

Posted 23 June 2008 - 07:43 AM

Oh NO!!! Good luck with the recovery. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you.

And if you need any help, let me know!

Happily married since 2008

Allurements by Rebecca - Destination Wedding Invitations and more

#6 foxytv

foxytv
          • VIP Member
          • 7,740 posts

Posted 23 June 2008 - 08:28 AM

I TOTALLY feel your pain! I'm still dealing with a bum laptop as well and DH is getting me a MAC next week b/c of all the PC problems.

I have recovered most of my info and invested inan external hard drive.

But trust me, I know how much this SUCKS for you!!!!! :-(

#7 ACDCDCAC

ACDCDCAC
            • Moderators
            • 25,218 posts
            • Wedding Location:Santa Maria Bay Beach, Cabo San Lucas, BCS, Mexico
            • LocationSeattle

Posted 23 June 2008 - 08:56 AM

yari, when you get a new one, invest in an external hard drive, like a portable one. we have decent one we got for about $250, TONS of space, and we backup ALL our important stuff like pics/music/documents to it. that way if something happens to the computer we basically have a 2nd copy waiting.

good luck, my fingers are crossed for you!

#8 CJEB

CJEB
            • 182 posts

Posted 23 June 2008 - 09:00 AM

g'luck with the recovery!

#9 Sandra E.

Sandra E.
              • 2,183 posts

Posted 23 June 2008 - 09:12 AM

Yari, I hope you're able to recover most of the stuff. I hate when this happens.

#10 nikkianddean

nikkianddean
                • 1,881 posts

Posted 23 June 2008 - 09:17 AM

good luck yari! keeping my fingers crossed for you!
                  http://i264.photobuc....h/IMG_1002.jpg

Mr. & Mrs. C
                  February 14, 2009

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users