19262 replies to this topic

#18261 murmel

murmel
  • Resort/Area Ambassadors
  • 1,407 posts
  • Wedding Date:January 24, 2011
  • Wedding Location:Azul Sensatori Mayan Riveria

Posted 01 January 2015 - 02:40 PM

@fargetswed- unfortunately I don't know the distance between the gazebo and the trees...but it's not that close. So I am not even sure that it would be an option.

As for the length of lights required to wrap the poles. A 25ft light cord should be plenty (and for the bride who bought 18ft)...it will just perhaps mean the lights are wrapped a few times less around the pole. But it would still work.

No caption
No caption

Not the best photos to see...but the trees are really not that close to the gazebo.

Married my best friend on January 24, 2011 at Azul Sensatori! :wub:

Ambassador for Azul Sensatori and Karisma resorts

Official Azul Sensatori thread:

http://www.bestdesti... azul sensatori

Recommended Travel agency: Wright Travel

http://www.wrighttravelagency.com/

#18262 carrieandsam

carrieandsam
  • 207 posts
  • Wedding Date:October 17, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Azul Sensatori
  • LocationNewport Beach, California

Posted 01 January 2015 - 02:42 PM

@murmel are those paper lanterns lighted?

#18263 murmel

murmel
  • Resort/Area Ambassadors
  • 1,407 posts
  • Wedding Date:January 24, 2011
  • Wedding Location:Azul Sensatori Mayan Riveria

Posted 01 January 2015 - 02:44 PM

@murmel are those paper lanterns lighted?

Yes. I used the LED throwies. This forum has the instructions: http://www.bestdesti...paper-lanterns/

Married my best friend on January 24, 2011 at Azul Sensatori! :wub:

Ambassador for Azul Sensatori and Karisma resorts

Official Azul Sensatori thread:

http://www.bestdesti... azul sensatori

Recommended Travel agency: Wright Travel

http://www.wrighttravelagency.com/

#18264 carrieandsam

carrieandsam
  • 207 posts
  • Wedding Date:October 17, 2015
  • LocationNewport Beach, California

Posted 01 January 2015 - 02:49 PM

Thank you for the info. I will defiantly test this out! Thank you again

#18265 linaco80

linaco80
  • 264 posts

Posted 02 January 2015 - 06:12 AM

@murmel @LaurenR @farsgetswed

are you girls referring to something like this? I would love to have my wedding decorated that way but someone told me that the blue lights wrapped on the trees and the DJ lighting would be enough.

Attached File  Zavas lightig.png.jpg   102.49KB   13 downloads

I think I will use 8 and 12 for the size of the paper lanterns for a total of 30 (including inside)...what sizes are you using and how many?

Also I read somewhere the following:

"I have a question about some decorating ideas. We have had to change where we are having our private dinner reception b/c we have more people coming thatn we initially thought. So we have moved it to Plaza Zavas...which I think is absolutely gorgeous in pics! So I wanted to get some feedback on decoration ideas for this space. We are bringing our own centrepieces down but need everything else.

- paper lanterns: I love how these look in photos. I am assuming past brides have brought them down with them? Approx how many do you think you would need to fill the space nicely? And I notice some light up, are these the LED throwies I have been reading about? Any good websites you can reccommend for cheap, decent quality lanterns?
    Paper lanterns really do make that space sparkle. We used about 20-25 lanterns in varying sizes. I ordered mine from asianideas.com (mostly due to the fact that they would ship to Canada) This will do the edge of the gazebo. I know a few girls also wanted lanterns hanging inside the gazebo-if you choose to do that I would suggest planning for about 35 lanterns. We made the LED throwies to put inside the lanterns to light them up. The lights that you might be referring to are actually part of the resort on the palm trees, as well there is some neat lighting by the adult bar which is sort of in the background."

Attached Files

Edited by linaco80, 02 January 2015 - 06:22 AM.

Check my planning thread: http://www.bestdesti...-planning-tips/
    event.png
    [/url]

#18266 raqpena

raqpena
    • 30 posts
    • Wedding Date:March 7, 2015
    • LocationJersey City, NJ

Posted 02 January 2015 - 01:15 PM

hello brides!

I didn't plan a cocktail hour after my ceremony since I didn't think it made sense to pay for another private event when guests can just walk over to any of the bars and drink for free while my Fiance and I get our photos taken. Has anyone done this or planned on doing this?

Thanks!

Raquel

#18267 kmk2016

kmk2016
    • Moderators
    • 1,468 posts
    • Wedding Date:February 29, 2016
    • Wedding Location:Azul Sensatori- Riviera Maya
    • LocationCalgary Canada

Posted 02 January 2015 - 01:38 PM

hello brides!

I didn't plan a cocktail hour after my ceremony since I didn't think it made sense to pay for another private event when guests can just walk over to any of the bars and drink for free while my Fiance and I get our photos taken. Has anyone done this or planned on doing this?

Thanks!
    Raquel

I think many do this. It may be a nice touch to choose a specific bar (zocalo terrace bar for example) and say in your program "informal cocktails at Zocolo terrace immediately following ceremony... This allows those that want to freshen up to sneak away, but provides a destination for others who want to mingle and have a bevy before the reception.

#18268 raqpena

raqpena
    • 30 posts

Posted 02 January 2015 - 01:41 PM

I think many do this. It may be a nice touch to choose a specific bar (zocalo terrace bar for example) and say in your program "informal cocktails at Zocolo terrace immediately following ceremony... This allows those that want to freshen up to sneak away, but provides a destination for others who want to mingle and have a bevy before the reception.

Thank you. That's a great idea!

Is Zocalo closer than Mojito? Do you think one would be better than the other?

#18269 linaco80

linaco80
    • 264 posts

Posted 02 January 2015 - 01:49 PM

@raqpena my package included the free cocktail ceremony  but I was/am planning to use it another day and have the staff announcing the reception location and hour...also printed in the program fans

Edited by linaco80, 02 January 2015 - 01:49 PM.

Check my planning thread: http://www.bestdesti...-planning-tips/
      event.png
      [/url]

#18270 raqpena

raqpena
      • 30 posts

Posted 02 January 2015 - 01:53 PM

@linaco80 yea, I'm using the  free private event that comes with my package on a welcome dinner instead. good idea...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users