Jump to content

Photo

Azul Sensatori Brides - POST HERE!


  • Please log in to reply
19262 replies to this topic

#11411 mzgillis316

mzgillis316
  • Newbie
  • 133 posts

    Posted 06 January 2011 - 09:23 AM

    I PROMISE YOU ALL THOSE PPL WILL NOT COME lololol Don't stress...reality will set in when its time to start asking for money, all sorts of issues and excuses (sometimes) will come up about why someone you just knew would be there can not come... And yes don't worry they are able to budge and there is plenty of room for over 80...i'm sure they'll accommodate, but I'm telling you don't stress. You will see the numbers begin to dwindle the closer you get to the wedding date lol
     

    Originally Posted by 1106wedding 

    Interesting what you're saying. I'm so nervous about the 190+ we're inviting, I really don't want more than 75 and when we went through our list and highlighted the "most likelys" we came up with 89! I'm getting married on the sky deck (NO DOUBT ABOUT IT)..did it seem like the 80 figure might budge a little if needed? You've given me hope that my actual guest list will stay smaller than I'm thinking!!!

     

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by mzgillis316 


    ARe you positive you will have 150 ppl ? we sent out over 300 invitations and had 80 put down deposits and ended up with 60 ppl going...There aren't very many options for parties that large so if you are absolutely positive you're going to have that many ppl, then I believe its just the beach and the ballroom...if you're not sure than I wouldn't worry myself about location until you're pretty positive about the size of your group..I only say this b/c I stressed about this as well in the beginning, worrying we would have over a hundred ppl and I wouldn't get the sky deck...everything worked out in the end =)

     




    #11412 mzgillis316

    mzgillis316
    • Newbie
    • 133 posts

      Posted 06 January 2011 - 09:29 AM

      Yea don't worry about this either ...seriously, we sent out an email with food selection two weeks before the wedding and didn't give it to the WC until a few days before we left ...we finally  finished our detail sheet three days before our wedding. 

       

      I would wait it out with offering ppl so many choices until your guest list is finalized. If you start giving them options way in advance they'll want to change and you'll have to keep going back and forth...it can become a headache.
       

      Originally Posted by 1106wedding 

      Awesome, okay! You obviously had people select beforehand? My WC said I could offer 3 pre-selected choices with 80+ people which I think we'll have but what if I give them 3 options and we only get 70 people? I guess that's a question for her...

       

      Quote:
      Originally Posted by mzgillis316 

      We chose the chicken and fish (mahi mahi) menu option. I think it was $18 pp.  Everyone enjoyed it and it was plenty of food. We also figured if anyone was still hungry they could go somewhere else ..its all inclusive...we were trying to stick to our budget.
       





      #11413 dlarocqu

      dlarocqu
      • Newbie
      • 18 posts

        Posted 06 January 2011 - 10:01 AM

        Terry and Darci April 28, 2011



        #11414 mzgillis316

        mzgillis316
        • Newbie
        • 133 posts

          Posted 06 January 2011 - 10:04 AM

          ONe more thing I would say is that you have to KNOW your crowd. I knew that my side of the family were not huge on traveling outside of the country. Having them come to my wedding not only involved them getting to Mexico but also obtaining a passport (an additional expense)...Even with this they all said that they were coming and were excited (AND Im pretty close to all of my family)...On my wedding day out of a party of 63 ppl only 8 were there from my family/friends (three of whom I paid for to be there) :/

          My husband's family goes on at least two big family vacations a year with about 50-60 ppl...his family is even larger than mines and all of them were hell bent on coming but at the end still  were unable to make the sacrifice.

          I don't want to discourage anybody but the thing that really kept me from stressing out and not enjoying my wedding planning process was to NOT HAVE TOO  MANY EXPECTATIONS...this way I wasn't so disappointed when things weren't going the way I wanted them too or ppl dropped out on me, etc. I was a very relaxed laid back bride and everything turned out amazing! So just relax, understand and EXPECT some individuals that you were positive would be there to probably say that they won't...

           

          My advice- I think if you expecting a huge turn out  85-90ppl is a good place to budget....but once you're first deposit is in you'll have a better idea of where you will be anyway so just wait it out a bit...When you're in the beginning stages don't worry yourself too much about this issue bc so many things will change by the time you get to your big day.
           


           

           





          #11415 MaggieandJay

          MaggieandJay
          • Sr. Member
          • 1,029 posts

            Posted 06 January 2011 - 10:20 AM

            January 2011

            Arkae – January 21, 2011

            Audrey1281 – January 22, 2011

            Murmel – January 24, 2011

            NV&GMS – January 26, 2011

             

            February 2011

            Less is More – February 19, 2011

             

            March 2011

            gingerlover36 – March 26, 2011 (AB)

             

            April 2011

            dakotaAZ – April 2, 2011

            KristyMichelle - April 3, 2011

            Michele4172011  - April 17, 2011

            gems2104 - April 19, 2011

            Mahalo79 – April 25, 2011 (EDR Chapel/AS)

            dlaroqu - April 28, 2011

            Chapa – April 30, 2011

             

            May 2011

            TLGnhci – May 2, 2011

            mmc1105 – May 6, 2011

            JaimeCF2BR – May 7, 2011

            Nikki O – May 7, 2011

            amcferron – May 13, 2011

            MaggieandJay – May 15, 2011

            *Lyndsey* - May 17, 2011

            beaz2be – May 27, 2011

            Bigboponthebeach – May 28, 2011

            bryteyedbride - May 28th 2011

            Vic0214 – May 31, 2011

             

            June 2011

            ginnigurl - June 4, 2011

            gom4good - June 9th 2011

            jazz04 – June 12, 2011

            Mrs Goose - June 25th 2011

             

            July 2011

            karlaandmark July 19th 2011

            LMMDC – July 23, 2011

            Lynsey – July 25, 2011 (EDR)

            LauraMInn - July 30, 2011 (AB)

             

            August 2011

            Herbie76 – August 2, 2011

            Jwashing - August 6, 2011

             

            October 2011

            1106wedding - October 22, 2011

            mwise17 - October 24,2011

             

            November 2011

            Jesse Nov 12, 2011

             

             February 2012

            msmarmar123 – February 11, 2012


            Maggie and Jay GOT married on May 15th 2011 at Azul Sensatori. Best International Wedding EVER!

            #11416 gems2104

            gems2104
            • Newbie
            • 27 posts

              Posted 06 January 2011 - 10:22 AM



              Quote:
              Originally Posted by Jessie 

              Michele - Check out this thread for ceremony scripts:

               


               

              There are some really great ones there.  I teared up a little when I read through them!  It's making me seriously rethink our decision to do the legal wedding.
               





               

              Thanks so much for that link what amazing ideas. Definitely will help! X

              #11417 SChica927

              SChica927
              • Jr. Member
              • 230 posts

                Posted 06 January 2011 - 10:34 AM

                Thanks everyone for the comments on the size of our party. We're actually sending out invitations to 500+ people -- hence the reason for the destination wedding to begin with!  I didn't want too huge of a guestlist so keeping the wedding at home wasn't ideal for me.  We are both Indian and we operate where invitations go out to our communities... and my fiance has a HUGE family all of which have been wanting to do a family vacay for a while (and all of which have their passports and all)... plus our bridal party is 22 people... so I'm pretty sure a lot of the friends are coming too.

                 

                We also went through our guest list and identified who the most-likely people were to come, and came up with a little more than 200, so realistically, I'm thinking 150 will come.

                 

                Anyway, so it sounds like the only ceremony/reception sites that you think would accomodate a group this big are the beach & ballroom right? Do you think if we do a standing cocktail hour, we'd be able to use the sky terrace?! I love that place!!

                 

                Thanks again for all the reality checks!

                 

                Originally Posted by mzgillis316 

                ONe more thing I would say is that you have to KNOW your crowd. I knew that my side of the family were not huge on traveling outside of the country. Having them come to my wedding not only involved them getting to Mexico but also obtaining a passport (an additional expense)...Even with this they all said that they were coming and were excited (AND Im pretty close to all of my family)...On my wedding day out of a party of 63 ppl only 8 were there from my family/friends (three of whom I paid for to be there) :/

                My husband's family goes on at least two big family vacations a year with about 50-60 ppl...his family is even larger than mines and all of them were hell bent on coming but at the end still  were unable to make the sacrifice.

                I don't want to discourage anybody but the thing that really kept me from stressing out and not enjoying my wedding planning process was to NOT HAVE TOO  MANY EXPECTATIONS...this way I wasn't so disappointed when things weren't going the way I wanted them too or ppl dropped out on me, etc. I was a very relaxed laid back bride and everything turned out amazing! So just relax, understand and EXPECT some individuals that you were positive would be there to probably say that they won't...

                 

                My advice- I think if you expecting a huge turn out  85-90ppl is a good place to budget....but once you're first deposit is in you'll have a better idea of where you will be anyway so just wait it out a bit...When you're in the beginning stages don't worry yourself too much about this issue bc so many things will change by the time you get to your big day.
                 


                 

                 


                 




                #11418 1106wedding

                1106wedding
                • Jr. Member
                • 317 posts

                  Posted 06 January 2011 - 10:43 AM


                  Oh geez, okay, good to know. 45 days is very differnt than 3 or 4, haha!

                  Ok, maybe we'll wait to ask people their entree selections, that feels better...thanks!
                   

                  Originally Posted by mzgillis316 

                  Yea don't worry about this either ...seriously, we sent out an email with food selection two weeks before the wedding and didn't give it to the WC until a few days before we left ...we finally  finished our detail sheet three days before our wedding. 

                   

                  I would wait it out with offering ppl so many choices until your guest list is finalized. If you start giving them options way in advance they'll want to change and you'll have to keep going back and forth...it can become a headache.
                   

                  Quote:
                  Originally Posted by 1106wedding 

                  Awesome, okay! You obviously had people select beforehand? My WC said I could offer 3 pre-selected choices with 80+ people which I think we'll have but what if I give them 3 options and we only get 70 people? I guess that's a question for her...

                   

                  Quote:
                  Originally Posted by mzgillis316 

                  We chose the chicken and fish (mahi mahi) menu option. I think it was $18 pp.  Everyone enjoyed it and it was plenty of food. We also figured if anyone was still hungry they could go somewhere else ..its all inclusive...we were trying to stick to our budget.
                   


                   



                  Jessie & Chris 10/22/2011 *51 booked and final*


                  #11419 JaimeCF2BR

                  JaimeCF2BR
                  • Jr. Member
                  • 408 posts

                    Posted 06 January 2011 - 11:25 AM

                    Holy Smokes...your going to have a heck of a wedding!!!  Can I come too?

                     

                    The Sky is supposed to be for ceremonies only, but given how much business you will be bringing the resort, you might be able to do a lot of negotiating!  Tell them you'll only have your wedding there if you can use Sky for cocktail hour.  That line wouldnt work for most of us...but might for you ;)

                     

                    Also, between the conference room and beach for your reception, I would HIGHLY recommend the beach.  No chance of it feeling too crowded at all.

                     

                    Originally Posted by SChica927 

                    Thanks everyone for the comments on the size of our party. We're actually sending out invitations to 500+ people -- hence the reason for the destination wedding to begin with!  I didn't want too huge of a guestlist so keeping the wedding at home wasn't ideal for me.  We are both Indian and we operate where invitations go out to our communities... and my fiance has a HUGE family all of which have been wanting to do a family vacay for a while (and all of which have their passports and all)... plus our bridal party is 22 people... so I'm pretty sure a lot of the friends are coming too.

                     

                    We also went through our guest list and identified who the most-likely people were to come, and came up with a little more than 200, so realistically, I'm thinking 150 will come.

                     

                    Anyway, so it sounds like the only ceremony/reception sites that you think would accomodate a group this big are the beach & ballroom right? Do you think if we do a standing cocktail hour, we'd be able to use the sky terrace?! I love that place!!

                     

                    Thanks again for all the reality checks!

                     

                    Quote:
                    Originally Posted by mzgillis316 

                    ONe more thing I would say is that you have to KNOW your crowd. I knew that my side of the family were not huge on traveling outside of the country. Having them come to my wedding not only involved them getting to Mexico but also obtaining a passport (an additional expense)...Even with this they all said that they were coming and were excited (AND Im pretty close to all of my family)...On my wedding day out of a party of 63 ppl only 8 were there from my family/friends (three of whom I paid for to be there) :/

                    My husband's family goes on at least two big family vacations a year with about 50-60 ppl...his family is even larger than mines and all of them were hell bent on coming but at the end still  were unable to make the sacrifice.

                    I don't want to discourage anybody but the thing that really kept me from stressing out and not enjoying my wedding planning process was to NOT HAVE TOO  MANY EXPECTATIONS...this way I wasn't so disappointed when things weren't going the way I wanted them too or ppl dropped out on me, etc. I was a very relaxed laid back bride and everything turned out amazing! So just relax, understand and EXPECT some individuals that you were positive would be there to probably say that they won't...

                     

                    My advice- I think if you expecting a huge turn out  85-90ppl is a good place to budget....but once you're first deposit is in you'll have a better idea of where you will be anyway so just wait it out a bit...When you're in the beginning stages don't worry yourself too much about this issue bc so many things will change by the time you get to your big day.
                     


                     

                     


                     

                     



                    #11420 SChica927

                    SChica927
                    • Jr. Member
                    • 230 posts

                      Posted 06 January 2011 - 11:30 AM

                      Thanks, yeah, we have a wedding planner and a TA so I'm letting them handle the negotiating! I just love hearing what all of you guys are getting too so I can give them ammo to have those conversations! :)

                       

                      The only issue I see with the beach is walking on sand with Indian clothes on; everything is intricate so I know a lot of parents won't feel comfortable walking in the sand. So my question is, do you guys think its possible for them to put down mats or something over the sand and have the seating set up on those mats? Totally fine if no one knows, because well def ask the WC, but just curious if you guys have seen these types of set ups!

                       

                      Thanks again... we haven't booked our dates yet because we're debating between Sensatori & Moon Palace right now... but just reading your convos are really helping us know what is and isn't possible at Sensatori!

                       

                      Originally Posted by JaimeCF2BR 

                      Holy Smokes...your going to have a heck of a wedding!!!  Can I come too?

                       

                      The Sky is supposed to be for ceremonies only, but given how much business you will be bringing the resort, you might be able to do a lot of negotiating!  Tell them you'll only have your wedding there if you can use Sky for cocktail hour.  That line wouldnt work for most of us...but might for you ;)

                       

                      Also, between the conference room and beach for your reception, I would HIGHLY recommend the beach.  No chance of it feeling too crowded at all.

                       

                      Quote:
                      Originally Posted by SChica927 

                      Thanks everyone for the comments on the size of our party. We're actually sending out invitations to 500+ people -- hence the reason for the destination wedding to begin with!  I didn't want too huge of a guestlist so keeping the wedding at home wasn't ideal for me.  We are both Indian and we operate where invitations go out to our communities... and my fiance has a HUGE family all of which have been wanting to do a family vacay for a while (and all of which have their passports and all)... plus our bridal party is 22 people... so I'm pretty sure a lot of the friends are coming too.

                       

                      We also went through our guest list and identified who the most-likely people were to come, and came up with a little more than 200, so realistically, I'm thinking 150 will come.

                       

                      Anyway, so it sounds like the only ceremony/reception sites that you think would accomodate a group this big are the beach & ballroom right? Do you think if we do a standing cocktail hour, we'd be able to use the sky terrace?! I love that place!!

                       

                      Thanks again for all the reality checks!

                       

                      Quote:
                      Originally Posted by mzgillis316 

                      ONe more thing I would say is that you have to KNOW your crowd. I knew that my side of the family were not huge on traveling outside of the country. Having them come to my wedding not only involved them getting to Mexico but also obtaining a passport (an additional expense)...Even with this they all said that they were coming and were excited (AND Im pretty close to all of my family)...On my wedding day out of a party of 63 ppl only 8 were there from my family/friends (three of whom I paid for to be there) :/

                      My husband's family goes on at least two big family vacations a year with about 50-60 ppl...his family is even larger than mines and all of them were hell bent on coming but at the end still  were unable to make the sacrifice.

                      I don't want to discourage anybody but the thing that really kept me from stressing out and not enjoying my wedding planning process was to NOT HAVE TOO  MANY EXPECTATIONS...this way I wasn't so disappointed when things weren't going the way I wanted them too or ppl dropped out on me, etc. I was a very relaxed laid back bride and everything turned out amazing! So just relax, understand and EXPECT some individuals that you were positive would be there to probably say that they won't...

                       

                      My advice- I think if you expecting a huge turn out  85-90ppl is a good place to budget....but once you're first deposit is in you'll have a better idea of where you will be anyway so just wait it out a bit...When you're in the beginning stages don't worry yourself too much about this issue bc so many things will change by the time you get to your big day.
                       


                       

                       


                       

                       
                       




                      Back to Destination Wedding in Riviera Maya, Cancun & surrounding areas


                      0 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users