Sorry I am not just randomly posting thingswink.gif  This was in response to Maggie's question about when we were leaving for Azul...

Originally Posted by rkf1046 View Post

We leave on the 8th (next Wednesday)!!!  I cannot wait!!!!! 

Originally Posted by nv+gms View Post

Do you mean paying for the "trip" or the "wedding details and events"?  Our deadline for trips just came up on the 23rd and our wedding planners/travel agents were terrible at follow up or accuracy in Toronto.  The trip cost deadline appears to be quite flexible as we still have people paying for their trips at their quoted rates if they made the deposit.  As for the wedding details - I have Carolina in Miami - she has been very easy to deal with and helpful.  I just populated my entire "detail sheet" then made a list of questions and scheduled a teleconference to go over everything and fill me in on my "question list" I put together.  Our payments for the wedding events is not due until 1 month before the wedding - you can still continue to make changes to your detail sheet until then.  Don't "overpay in advance" - you can always add your last minute people and pay at the resort.  I have totally by-passed communication with the local wedding coordinators - I don't even cc them on emails.    

We were told we had to pay our balance by Dec 6! I don't have a clue. Was on the phone with my WC this morning, only to get the update sheet in the afternoon, with still a bunch of info missing or wrong. So off goes another email, and hopefully tomorrow a bit further along.

Quote:

Originally Posted by dstinationdrmr View Post

Quote: I'll get the details from my sister and PM you. Is there anything specific you want to know?

Good luck on your BD shoot!!! smile159.gif

I had fun with mine. It had been the most I'd laughed in awhile at that point. A good stress reliever and escape from wedding planning. I did down a bottle of wine while there so that may have added to it! msnwink.gif Lol.

I wish I could have had a bottle of wine! I had to drive LOL  But I am really happy with how it went. The photographer was wonderful. She was so positive and had great suggestions it went flawlessly. Now just to await the teasers and the photos!

If you could ask your sister:

1) how do you contact the nanny?

2) do they have a long wait list? ie. to you have to make reservations a few days in advance?

3) approximate cost?

Thanks so much!

Also just curious, did they have a microphone/speaker you used during your ceremony? Trying to figure out if this is included or an extra I have to rent?

So excited for you! Best wishes and have funwoot.gif

I'm in the final stages of booking my wedding at Azul Sensatori. I visited it the weekend before Thanskgiving and it was beautiful. My Fiance and I visiting 5 other properties and have narrowed it down to Azul and NOW Sapphire. I'm waiting to get our room rates back from my TA (Gayle) and then we'll make the final selection. I can't wait.

Apparently my contact in Miami is Angie...is anyone working with her? I have to admit that one of the things working against AS is the challenging planning process. And the vendor policy of course.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1106wedding View Post

I'm in the final stages of booking my wedding at Azul Sensatori. I visited it the weekend before Thanskgiving and it was beautiful. My Fiance and I visiting 5 other properties and have narrowed it down to Azul and NOW Sapphire. I'm waiting to get our room rates back from my TA (Gayle) and then we'll make the final selection. I can't wait.

Apparently my contact in Miami is Angie...is anyone working with her? I have to admit that one of the things working against AS is the challenging planning process. And the vendor policy of course.

I've got Angie and she has been great, she replies to emails very quickly and I have spoken to her a few times. She will try and answer any queries you have and if she can't answer them she will find out and get back to you asap. Good luck with making your decision, when are you planning to get married?

Oh that's a relief! Thank you!

October 22, 2011. We paid the $200 a couple months ago...

What about you?

Originally Posted by herbie76 View Post

I've got Angie and she has been great, she replies to emails very quickly and I have spoken to her a few times. She will try and answer any queries you have and if she can't answer them she will find out and get back to you asap. Good luck with making your decision, when are you planning to get married?

Congratulations and welcome to this site! I've actually never been to Azul Sensatori before, I booked my trip through my TA just based on recommendation. I'm so glad you loved it. So far everything has gone well with the planning. The Miami contact is just there I think to ease the planning bride with the process; otherwise, you book everything there when you arrive!

I'm getting married in April- I can't believe it's only 4 months away now! Yikes

Oh that's a relief! Thank you!

October 22, 2011. We paid the $200 a couple months ago...

What about you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by herbie76 View Post

Has anyone used Dmitry Yukunin as a photographer? Is he part of the resort? If so how was he?

Also I am having an issue, my mom is a florist and would like to buy flowers down there to do them herself (at least the bridesmaids and bridal bouquet). I'm not sure how to work this out. I don't know if Sensatori's florist would let her buy them from them loose or if she would have to get them with who they go through. Help!!

I personally don't know anything about that photographer. I would recommend entering their name in the search box on this forum. You will find reviews from brides that have used him before as well as pictures. That's how I am learning about the photographer I am planning to book.

For your flowers question, you may want to talk to your Miami WC to see how that would work. It would be nice if you could buy the loose flowers and have them shipped for your mom to make them for you. That would be so special!

Originally Posted by jazz04 View Post

Has anyone used Dmitry Yukunin as a photographer? Is he part of the resort? If so how was he?

Also I am having an issue, my mom is a florist and would like to buy flowers down there to do them herself (at least the bridesmaids and bridal bouquet). I'm not sure how to work this out. I don't know if Sensatori's florist would let her buy them from them loose or if she would have to get them with who they go through. Help!!

thewave.gif   Yay, congratulations!!  Can't wait to hear all the details when you return!

Oh, and if anyone was curious, my WC told me no other cakes are allowed at AS.  That's stinky b/c they don't do the best decorating from what I have seen.