Jump to content


How long to wait to book?

  • Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 ripcat

  • Newbie
  • 30 posts

    Posted 16 June 2008 - 08:05 PM

    We are sending out our save the date cards this weekend. We are in contact with a travel agent. Still waiting to confirm with Riu Santa Fe. How long should we wait to book our packages? We are flying out of Toronto to Los Cabos and prices for April are outrageous right now. I know if we wait they will come down or we could catch a no tax sale, plus not all of the tour companies have their winter packages out yet. Plus the resort we picked is always on sell off. I know we can't wait because we are the ones who really have to be there. But just looking for a good guide line.


    #2 Kelly C

    Kelly C
    • Sr. Member
    • 2,051 posts

      Posted 16 June 2008 - 09:08 PM

      Not sure what to tell you. I waited until six month out and didn't get my exact date I wanted. They wouldn't let me hold and confirm until I booked and gave them my confirmation number. Its kind of a gamble. You really have a perdicament sending out STD with out having a confirmed date with them. You still have time if you want to see what happens with the pricing. the only problem with that is fuel prices going up.
      Kerrington Danielle was born 6/23/09 12:31 pm 7lbs 14oz.


      #3 Yari

      • VIP Member
      • 10,928 posts

        Posted 16 June 2008 - 10:03 PM

        I say book ASAP. Prices seem to be going up, up, up right now. Lots of my guests waited and are paying (literally) for it now.

        #4 BillysBride

        • Sr. Member
        • 1,255 posts

          Posted 07 July 2008 - 06:25 PM

          We are planning to wait til six months out. Our resort is one of those that are real difficult about confirming your date with you too soon...so we're trying to wait to book travel. I don't anticipate having too much trouble as far as getting the date. BUT, I don't want to wait too long on airfare especially since I do think its going to get worse this year instead of better. Crap shoot all around. My thinking is that as the actual couple, you don't really want to book less than six months out..."deals" be damned. Paying a little more overall is better than ending up paying WAY more just to get there at the last minute.

          http://i17.photobuck....inecollage.jpgThe Fab Four (my quads) Meryn, Kellen, Nico & Layla
          http://global.thekno...rs/tt265ad.aspxhttp://www.mywedding...nnah/index.html20 STD's w. pre-lim RSVP sent 6/15/09: 7 "Yes" so far/10 guests total!

          #5 Hartyt509

          • Sr. Member
          • 2,262 posts

            Posted 07 July 2008 - 07:04 PM

            I booked as soon as the flights were released just to make sure I got there. If it wasn't my wedding I would have probably waited

            #6 acire

            • Newbie
            • 19 posts

              Posted 07 July 2008 - 07:13 PM

              I booked us as soon as I could. Our TA is watching prices and if they go down, she will rebook us at the lower price.

              #7 1elephant

              • VIP Member
              • 15,998 posts

                Posted 07 July 2008 - 07:18 PM

                i'd book before sending out stds, but that's jmho.

                #8 *Heather*


                  VIP Member

                • VIP Member
                • 9,532 posts

                  Posted 08 July 2008 - 12:00 PM

                  I would definitely book before sending out your STD's. I was planning on having our wedding on one date, only to find out after getting a few quotes that Sunquest decided to cancel flights that week. Things are always changing, and prices are definitely increasing (unless you are comfortable waiting until 3 weeks before to book your trip!). With gas prices the way they are, I think booking asap is the right way to go. But it's whatever you feel comfortable with.

                  I would suggest getting lots of quotes from lots of different places, because each quote I've gotten has been different, and if you find a TA you like, they will probably price match to the lower rate.

                  0 user(s) are reading this topic

                  0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users