Jump to content


ROR - May 2009 Date & Time Confirmation

  • Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 dinzers

  • Newbie
  • 45 posts

    Posted 16 June 2008 - 03:26 PM

    Hi there!

    I had my heart set on a 4pm ceremony the last wk of May 2009 , but apparently that time is no longer available the entire wk! What is the likelihood that someone will cancel and I can change my time? How can I let them know this??

    The only other time that I can chose from is 1pm on the Wed.

    Please help.

    Josh & Denise
    May 2009

    #2 Ellipse22

    • Member
    • 584 posts

      Posted 16 June 2008 - 03:33 PM

      I too had difficulties when booking my wedding time. I got stuck with a 11am wedding time. I don't know about how often an opening comes available due to a cancellation. If I were you I'd take the 1pm time slot and then let the WC know that you are intersted in a later time if something comes available.

      #3 dinzers

      • Newbie
      • 45 posts

        Posted 16 June 2008 - 03:37 PM

        do they send you a telephone # when they reply with a confirmation #?

        oh...and I accidently submitted more than 1 request, does that mean my original one will be cancelled? I REALLY just want to confirm a date and time. I can deal with 1pm if I have to, but I just want this ball start rollin'!

        I'll take my chances on them being able to give me 4pm later...in the meantime, I just want to confirm the 1pm on the 27th
        Josh & Denise
        May 2009

        #4 jilltim

        • Newbie
        • 3 posts

          Posted 16 June 2008 - 03:50 PM

          We're getting married in March and were wanting a 4PM time slot also, but it was booked so the best we could get was the 2PM slot. We figured we would just go with what we could get and not let the time of day ruin the rest of our plans.

          #5 Ellipse22

          • Member
          • 584 posts

            Posted 16 June 2008 - 03:55 PM

            If you have submitted more than 1 then you need to call them...you could have cancelled your previous request.

            I have a phone # from an email I received...do you want it?

            #6 jesjess

            • Jr. Member
            • 228 posts

              Posted 16 June 2008 - 04:06 PM

              I Had a difficulty in booking my 16:00 wedding. But after some planning and emailing I got the time and date I wanted. Just keep emailing an try getting. Or maybe, If there really isnt a time available you like, you can change travelling scedule??

              #7 dinzers

              • Newbie
              • 45 posts

                Posted 16 June 2008 - 04:28 PM

                Thanks for the contact info Tanya!

                Not willing to change our wk. If worse comes to worse, I'll just live with it.

                I got my TA to work on them too. I'm going to call them as well.

                Thanks again!
                Josh & Denise
                May 2009

                #8 nscaper

                • Newbie
                • 119 posts

                  Posted 16 June 2008 - 09:56 PM

                  I too didn't get the time I wanted. Even the days the week I wanted were limited. We get there on a Saturday and the ONLY days available were the following Tuesday (at noon) or Friday (noon). Since Friday was out of the question because we'll have some guests departing that day and we didn't want to do it the day before we left, we settled on Tuesday at noon.

                  While I am not a big fan of a noon wedding (it's gonna be a hot and squinty one), I kinda made peace with having the afternoon to relax and do pictures and give our guests some time to relax. And the earlier time will mean less time that day that will be filled with anticipation, might as well do it early and enjoy the rest of the day!

                  We did make a request that if a later afternoon time came up on Tuesday (or Wednesday or even Thursday) we'd be interested. But for now, I'm content with Tuesday at noon!

                  #9 Ericka7885

                  • Newbie
                  • 63 posts

                    Posted 17 June 2008 - 04:20 PM

                    I am also havingthe same problem and got stuck with 11:00 for our ceremony time. I emailed and told them that I would prefer a later time if available and I guess all we can do is wait and keep our fingers crossed. I also let my travel agent know and she is going to try and pull some strings for us too. If it doesn't change, I'm sure the early time will be just fine though!!

                    #10 April09bride

                    • Newbie
                    • 27 posts

                      Posted 18 June 2008 - 05:30 AM

                      Just an FYI- If u put more than 1 request thru on the website it does cancel your initial request. I read that on the RIU website. I tried booking well over a year in advance & my initial wedding date choice was unavailable already for the entire day. Sometimes they block out certain date & times due to the minister being unvailable at that time or on that day. I had to choose a different date.

                      0 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users